Anniversary Bundle, when and what?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ALN_Isolator, Oct 30, 2015.

1. ALN_Isolator

So when does the Anniversary Bundle normally come out and do we know anything supposed to be in it? I know it was 3999 DBC last year but should it be the same without a 6 month boost?
    • Up x 1
  2. _itg

I heard firework grenades were in the works for the bundle. RadarX said heroic boosts aren't coming back. But really, the only thing we can be sure of is that it will cost at least $40.
  3. Goretzu

It is hard to think what they can/will put in it to make it worth 3999 DBC without 6 month boosts. I'd guess sales will be down, even adjusted for falling overall population.
    • Up x 4
  4. FieldMarshall

I would buy it if it had some sort of "directive booster" that gave double directive points for a few weeks/months.
    Or Gold/AE versions of ES weapons that are not LMGs. Like Carbines or BASRs.
    Or single colour camo's.

I dont mind not having a 6month booster (though i understand that thats why most people want the bundle). But im a sucker for fluff.
    • Up x 2
  5. TheFlamingLemon

Why would you want double directive points? Then you can't accurately compare yourself to other players. Single color camos would be great though.
    • Up x 1
  6. Jeslis

Wait, why no boost? I loved buying that thing and it gave a 6month boost to all my chars.. was amazing.. Play VS for 6 months, then NC for 6 months (or the other way around)....QQ

#BringBackTheBoost!
  7. RedArmy

Typically the Bundles come with a unique camo, usually failry lack luster.a few gun skins and a booster. if theres no heroic booster it may be adjusted either in price or hopefully atleast what were getting.
    the fireworks grenades sound pretty fun, but also pretty stupid. id love some ARX style grenade explosions.
    the camo will more than likly be a reskinned version of the prior camos, which were reskinned alphas camos.
    as far as some gun skins, what i have to imagine, yr1 we got AE rocket launchers. yr2 we got an overdone LMG and shotgun. So id hope we got some carbine and/or AR this year. id love an AE Jaguar or Lynx, but id be willing to settle for a TRV/TORQ. I really hope its NOT more NS junk unless the release it with the rocklet rifle. i fear however were going to get a Swarm and an Archer.... or worse an NS7/MKV
    ive got 3 NS11A's, 2 NS11C's, 2 NS44's and 3 NS15M's (counting duplicates only). i really dont want anymore duplicate NS weapons. they arnt even that good -
  8. Bindlestiff

A nice AE pump action shotgun variant would be awesome. Mind you, if it isn't going to have a 6 month boost then I guess my DBC will be sat waiting for (non-existent) quality items.
  9. Beerbeerbeer

When is this supposed to come out?
  10. Inex

Which is probably exactly why they don't want to put those boosts in the bundle again. Awesome value for the players, to be sure. But I don't think the Dev team's too excited about trying to sell Planetside at $40 per 12 months.
  11. OldCuban

Gigity!
  12. 000AmidimA000

So long as the weapons they give us in the bundle count toward directives, and they FIX the weapons from last year not counting towards directives... then I'd consider it. If I pay 40$ again for this, the weapons better count towards some over all goal.
  13. Bindlestiff

$40 per 12 months is better than $0 over the term of the game.
    • Up x 1
  14. Tommyp2006

The weapons from last year do count towards a directive.
  15. Inex

Not necessarily. I don't claim to know everything about DBG's current finances, but if they need $60/year to cover expenses then $40/year is functionally the same as $0; either way the bills go unpaid.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the 6 month boosts too. Maybe it would make fiscal sense if it was an actual account boost instead of a per-character one (i.e. you can't chain them across characters for >6 months)? Maybe they could offer a $40 glitter & fluff base bundle, and a $80(?) version that includes boosts?
  16. \m/SLAYER\m/

must be NS-15M
  17. RedArmy

id be happy with anything non NS at this point - ive got so many duplicate NS weapons
    figure Yr1 they gave heavies love with AE ES rockets
    Yr2 they gave heavies awkwardness with an AE NS15
    lets hope if they continue the trend if they stick with heavies is AE MGC/Jack/Lasher
  18. 000AmidimA000

Not the Anniversary version the Baron. It doesn't count towards the shotgun directive
    • Up x 1
  19. RedArmy

it counts toward the special one though
    • Up x 1
  20. 000AmidimA000

I would much rather it count towards both. I'd rather be working towards the ES Auraxium shotgun than towards the black camo.