Can infiltrator cloak be hacked?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by borgqueenx, Oct 31, 2015.

1. borgqueenx

I noticed that sometimes people see me from far away while i stand still and do not move my mouse, and kill me like they see right through my cloak. i can accept some lucky times but now its getting too much that im getting curious if there are hacks around that allow people to see through them?
  2. Taemien

1. Darklights on weapons will show you if they put the light on you. Those look like flashlights.
    2. Veteran players know to look for the shimmer.*

* Most times if you don't move and don't do anything suspicious you won't be noticed. But if things are getting hacked, control points flipping without anyone present, or just an OCD person checking the population of the base. They'll start getting edgy and look for the shimmer.

The trick is to NEVER rely on the cloak as if it were some sort of invisibility from D&D or fantasy. Its not. You're not Frodo. You're the Predator. Hard to see but visible none the less. Use cover alongside the concealment that the cloak gives you. You still do NOT wish to be in Line of Sight when Cloak is up.

Use cloak to get to areas that break Line of Sight. Use it to avoid/break Q-spot. But don't use it as some sort of invisibility. You're NOT invisible.
    • Up x 6
  3. borgqueenx

im talking about far away. 30 meters+
    when crouched and not moving, everyone walks right through me no problem. only a couple times i then get detected.
  4. Iridar51

Flashlight interactions are very bugged currently. As an infiltrator, you're supposed to know when somebody puts flashlight on you, but it doesn't work properly most of the time.

So it's possible somebody was lighting you up and you wouldn't even know.

I have to admit I have had a fair share of very questionable deaths as a stalker, but somebody who spends a lot of time looking for infiltrators myself, I've given a lot of questionable kills too, like this one. I was just going about my business and randomly stumbled on an infiltrator in a bush.

Or this one, where all I needed is one minimap dot. The fact that I almost stepped on a guy was a coincedence, and the knife was a huge "oh shi-" reaction.

Just recently I was called a hacker by this guy, after I snuck up on him whilst he was sniping. All I needed to know his approximate position is one tracer that I caught with periferial vision, and one blimp on the minimap from the second shot once I got closer.

At the start of that same video "I have seen things" I sit a tower across from a crouched stalker, yet I was able to see him. He's not actually visible very good on the video because youtube compression lowers quality, but I could see that guy pretty well on my display.

And that's when everything works as it supposed to. Cloaking has old and persistent bug where your helmet / head or weapon's magazine or attachment do not cloak at all, or do not enter the right cloak state, staying more visible than proper crouched state.

Not every questionable death is result of hacks. If you died in a suspicious way, you can always just ask your killer how did he see you. Maybe he'll offer a plausible explanation.
    • Up x 2
  5. Campagne

30+ meters is possible, but is suspicious.

50+ meters is a report against that player.

I've noticed this myself numerous times, and it is often enough very obvious that the player is cheating.
  6. Nasher

I dunno, even at 50m you can still see them if they are moving.

You can stand perfectly still and the only pixels that will be moving are infiltrators :)
  7. Taemien

That's that spideysense going off. I think I've accidentally killed more Infils than purposely done so. I know if you play an infil, you understand how to find them much easier.
  8. Iridar51

Maybe for some people. At least didn't get any new insights on that topic after a couple of months of playing stalker exclusively.

It's not hard to find them, really. Just gotta use information the game gives you. Sound, minimap, etc.
  9. Tommyp2006

There are quite a few render bugs where the cloak doesn't work properly. You can also still be pretty easily seen standing still, make sure you crouch, which has a deeper level of cloak.
  10. Pirbi

I got sniped in the middle of a TR base with TR running all around. The guy got me from a tower on the other side of the base. I was sure it was a hack. But I looked at his stats and it just didn't match a hacker. I assume I just was rendered on his screen. That was a few months ago before darklight flashlights. The way I usually sniped cloak infiltrators is that they return to the same spot or they never moved at all.
  11. Agarthan

I had a stalker on an ATV one time I saw him cloak and drive, but I knew he had turned to target me because I was firing at him so I just pointed straight between me and where I had saw him last, fired my lancer and got him. I couldn't see him, he was at least 50 meters away I just anticipated his laziness in coming to try and decloak and shotgun me.
  12. _itg

To directly answer your question, yes, hacks do exist to highlight cloaked players, as well as players behind walls. They're often called "ESP" hacks. However, the fact that you mention "standing" still suggests your problem is that you're not crouching. a standing cloaked infiltrator is easily visible at close range. Even if the enemy doesn't expect you to be there, he'll usually spot you if he happens to look your way. What's more, a scope will potentially allow more distant players to see you as if they were standing closer, due to the fact that the scope causes the game to increase the level of detail where they're zoomed in.
  13. Devilllike

As a very expirienced infiltrator i can say that there are plenty of ways to detect a sniper

1)running up to him while in cloack there is colision so its obviously an infiltrator (very rare to happen unless you are in high trafic areas)

2)Dark flash light can reveal any cloacked players or vehicle

3)Sensor darts can reveal any movement unless
    A)you have the module/perk that can silence your player unless you are running
    B)Or when you crouch

4)Sensor device it usually is placed near corners or mountains where cloackers used to be or are there at that time and that is a real time sensor that can show where you are facing or where you are going but the same counte rmeasures that apply to this are the same as the dart

5)if somebody got a glimps on you or your rifle shot(remember that firing a bolt action or generally a gun produces a flash that can make you noticable,
    Also unless you have silencer somebody can see you on the minimap and some times your position is obvious that is why infiltrators must relocate often

6)Cloack bug from either cloacking and de cloacking or caused by a medic with the nanite system it nulifies your cloack so a player can still see you as the nanite green thing goes over you

7)Cloack is visible when you run so somebody who is very carefull and notices the details might see you,that usually happens when somebody has very good graphics

8)You can be killed if you hold paterns for example the place you shoot the time it takes for you to come back the time it takes for you to aim etc etc is a patern and you can be figured out

9)leaving traces of your existence,as a guy said hacked terminals or the sound of the cloack or sensors and stuff(usually cloackers tend to camp vehicle terminals or terminals in general and their position some times is obvious but not always)

10)if you have been careless as you go to your spot to recon you might be seen

Other than that constant headshooting or been killed by players from far away with none of the above its pure hacking,for example as i said in one of my posts before i was at Ti allois (the base next to the crown indar) and a Vanu sniper killed me repeatedly from the crown spawn room with the Vanu very first sniper rifle (not the bolt action) with headshots a br 20 with 42 directive points

This is obvious hacking he could even kill me when i was cloacked and before that he would instantly headshoot me with a beamer even if i would just jump over a wall he would appear and headshoot not even a second or two to react

And then he was trying to convince me that he was not a hacker and i barely even had any view of the crown behind the big tree that i was and as usual they try to make you rage classic stuff.
  14. OldCuban

I've taken out my fair share of infils at 50+ meters without hacking.

It's all on the player's skill.

If you're an infil who cloaks and stands still, all I do is shoot at your last location. If you haven't moved, you're dead. Hell, I've even gotten headshots on infils who were cloaked and running. Given, they were running in a straight line after they cloaked, so all I did was lead the target and guess at his location. Gets me quite a few hackusations too.
  15. Sovereign533

I noticed that your crossair still turns red when aimed at someone cloaked. Maybe that happened.
  16. \m/SLAYER\m/

aircraft can - on thermal it render cloaker for the moment, then it will render cloak, but it enough to bomb you :eek:
    and a lot of snipers doesn't move after cloaking - so counter-sniper just shoot your last position :D
  17. Boosted

I can Snipe an infiltrator from any distance even when cloaked. The problem with infiltrators is that once they snipe, they cloak in the same position, never moving. I predict where their head is and bam, he's dead. Are you one of these people? If you are in a sniping battle you must assume others will spot without "Q" spotting and not just the enemy sniper. The enemy snipers or non-snipers will then shoot where he thinks you are. Hence, you think they are cheating.
  18. prodavit

first of all you're pretty easy to see if you stand up, crouch to be almost inpossible to see. And it depends of the other person's graphic setting, the higher they are the easier for them to see clock. On low its impossble but on ultra its as clear as day.
  19. borgqueenx

i knew it, thanks. sometimes its suspicious, but i had my fair share of "thats just not possible". for example i was on a enemy tower- i did not shoot yet and was invisible all the time. a enemy was shooting other enemies down, and at some point he just aimed up and started shooting me. straight for me, i was moving when crouched but seriously, he looking up the tower and then seeing me slightly move? no.
  20. Campagne

I mean against moving/experienced/stalker cloaked infiltrators.

If the idiot doesn't even pretend to move, then the death is on himself. :p

But I couldn't tell you how many times I've been shot from great distances as a stalker infiltrator just this past month alone. Up close, they could have just seen me move or hit me with flashlight or whatever, but from far away against someone that hadn't been uncloaked in five minutes, somethin' ain't right.