Anyone know a way to Counter The zerg of Vanu?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kerros, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Kerros

Title essentially, I've played TR and NC and its always vanu this vanu that. Not true for all servers its true, but i play on the one server where it seems to have problems: namely Emerald. The vanu zergs are huge and its hard to even bunker down sometimes let alone attack.

I've once gotten together a squad of random blues and said "lets defend" such-an-such against the zerg! They all agree and we can hold for a little bit but theres always that one guy who can kill us.

Another thing i see is the people on vanu who actually go up and in, blowing up everything, capping etc are 90-100 level.

When i look at the NC and TR, not so many. It's not easy and sometimes its darn near impossible to defend. Anyone know of a way to counter zergs?
  2. Gundem

Purchase Prowler AP

Purchase Lockdown

Acquire Certs

???

Profit.
    • Up x 1
  3. Flag

Don't fight outnumbered if you aren't confident your players are better than theirs.
  4. Kerros

would require a lot of grinding to get those certs
  5. Gundem

Well with the new 100 certs per BR till BR 15, you could easily have 2000 certs in a few 2-3 hour long sessions, assuming you went tryhard on the weapon medals as well. Rank 2 of Lockdown, AP, rank 2 stealth, and enough certs for a secondary on top.

Yea, there'd be some grind. But honestly not that bad, compared to the release of PS2.
  6. PKSpark

With the restat on orion and betelgeuse Vanu zerg will be something of the past!
  7. Nody

Except the minor part where the use of the Orion and BG remain exactly at the same level as before the patch; but do feel free to grasp for straws if you believe that Orion and BG is the reason for Emerald's VS zerg...
  8. Jakko

Shoot them.
  9. Imperial Sect

Do whatever the NC are doing right now. They seem to be zerging us down very well.
  10. Tommyp2006

I've found that the best way to fight the zerg is from the outside in, and not the inside out. By that, I mean that counter attacking from outside the fight is generally a better way to break up the zerg than trying to defend from the spawn room. You need to focus on pulling out some anti vehicle weapons and killing off their sunderers and other vehicles. Then worry about pushing them out of the base. Of course, this doesn't apply to all bases, as some bases are just defendable enough that you don't need to worry about vehicles as much, such as biolabs. Once you find an outfit or some squad mates who know what they're doing, breaking on a zerg from one faction becomes pretty much the same as breaking up the zerg from another.

And then, there's the large outfit strategy of bringing your own zerg, but that is generally much slower and less efficient.
  11. DarkStarII

C4
    • Up x 1