[BUG] Shocked and Appalled

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RedArmy, Oct 25, 2015.

1. RedArmy

tested and tried it myself, it works.
    went right thru the spawn room wall killing four people...
    • Up x 7
  2. Campagne

I deeply hope this will be fixed and not just be labeled a "feature" or anything. :eek:
    • Up x 1
  3. Plastikfrosch

that explains a lot of wierd situations (especially dieing inside the shielded area of towers by hostile frag nades)
  4. TheFlamingLemon

I've heard the dev team has both recognized this bug and been banning players for exploiting it. If you see someone using this, be sure to report them.
    • Up x 1
  5. FLHuk

I applaud you having the nuts to post it and hope this wont be closed, removed, sanctioned!

# G E T I T F I X E D !
  6. Villanuk

They dont get banned. I have reported players who have used the Bio nade bug and this one guy had over 25 nade kills in a row, showed the stats to DBG and guess what, he was still playing and he is not the only one i have reported either.
    • Up x 2
  7. Goretzu

Yeah people don't get banned for 5+ week 100% headshot kill rampages, so the chances of anyone getting banned for this is slim to say the least. :(

It probably explains a few weird deaths I've had however.
    • Up x 2
  8. Cynicismic

This is why people are killed so often by grenades in areas where logically they should be safe, (i.e. killed by a grenade while behind cover when the only way around said cover is a place far away from you). You can also get these into spawn rooms too, from what I've heard; incidentally, I was having a chat about this very issue yesterday evening following an NC player throwing grenades into the Mani Bio Lab VS teleportation room. It's a big issue, I know, though a lot of grenade and explosive exploits boil down to the game mechanic being abused. Though this is just a downright bug that people have exploited and are still doing it now.

Good on you, OP.

Sadly, I don't think that the sanctions for using an exploit will be that severe, if at all. Let's look at it this way: at least cheating, as in hacking to give yourself an unfair advantage over others through using third-party software that is not endorsed by DBG, can be punished because you are using enhancement software for your character to perform significantly better than everyone else. Some cheats just take the biscuit, as far as blatancy and what they enable you to do are concerned. Though this is an issue made on part of DBG, and while these people should not be using this exploit, I don't think that they should be punished for it, and if they are, not too harshly.

It's an incident where DBG should fix the issue at the earliest possible convenience and move on. People who used the exploit will be sore, and to be honest, the fact that they can't do it any more and henceforth actually have to play fairly should be sufficient punishment.

Moreover, some of these players will be paying customers, which seems to be the fail safe; a hypothetical protection method, to being banned for cheating in any respect...
    • Up x 1
  9. FieldMarshall

I saw someone use this a few weeks ago, killing atleast 30+ people before he left.
    I reported him, but im pretty sure he is still playing.
  10. Eternaloptimist

Yeah, I've given up reporting exploits like sticky nades killing me through spawn room screens as a waste of time. I don't think the nades actually go through the screen but the damage does.
  11. CloakAndDagger

omg stickynades xD
    What happens with that is a grenade sticks to someone who peeks out of the spawn room, and then they run back in(because they wanna get away from the grenade icon)

and it literally blows up in their(and thier teammates) faces
    • Up x 1
  12. Cynicismic

You've got no idea how frustrating it is when I, as my Medic, run up to someone who has just taken a beating for setting a toe outside of the shields only to realise that they have a sticky grenade stuck to the side of their face...
    :p
  13. Tommyp2006

I would think that this bug is pretty easily explained. There should be a throw point from which the grenade is ejected from. Presumably, the throw point is actually a distance in front of the player far enough that is never collides with the object in front of the player, since is only has to make it past the 2d one way wall in front of the player. Therefore, the solution (I assume) would be to move the throw point of the grenade back a couple of inches so that it collides with the object in front of the player.
  14. RedArmy

its possible it was changed this way for the grenade to be in front of you for a reason, i remember in the earlier days of PS2 where when i tossed a sticky grenade they would actually stick to me and not travel anywhere. each sticky was a 100% suicide rate
  15. Villanuk

For me nade bugging is cheating, it killing a person with an unfair advantage, which is more or less what hackers do, but i do agree, they should just fix the bugs and end the matter.
    • Up x 1
  16. Villanuk

Oh i agree buds, how some people can still be playing is quite astonishing.
    • Up x 1
  17. Foxirus

NANITES.
  18. Kcalehc

I have, just to test it out, done the same thing with C4. Run right up against shield, toss a C4, it goes inside, and of course immediately detonates. Killing you and anyone inside the door. Only seems to work where the painfield does not extend outside the shield.
    Perhaps the shields should be double layered, with a small gap between; such that anything thrown through the first, will hit the second and get stuck in there. You'd still get the odd kill from unlucky players that were in the gap, but much fewer than you can now. (might also prevent the knifing through shields thing too)
  19. Campagne

They caused the war, and shall herald the destruction of humanity! :eek:
  20. Taemien

If you're right, and I suspect you are. That may or may not work. It might be far enough forward that any sort of latency or lag spike won't result in an accident involving sticking to the user.

On the bright side, this is one way to prevent spawnroom warriors. My opinion is its low on priority... fix it for sure. Fix all bugs. But if they gotta choose something else.. I won't lose sleep over a few people padding their KDR's getting blown up, in the short term.