How to ADAD?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Gundem, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Gundem

This thread is 105% serious. I have only recently gotten into the more advanced "AD strafe, aquire headshots" playstyle and I'd like some tips on proper ADAD strafing.

I have noticed I survive significantly longer in a firefight when I ADAD, but I'm unsure of how long I should make each stride before I press the next key. Is it good to make quick taps on each side or longer presses? Could I perhaps get a timeframe for how long I should press each key?

My sincere thanks, a player who has played for over 2 years and hasn't ADAD strafed once, Gundem~
  2. gartho33

well, I don't know the "optimal" time to press keys.. but I can tell you that quick "ADADADAD" as fast as you can push the keys will not work. They changed the movement mechanics back around when the ZOE was around to include a slight slowing before moving in the new direction. Its really hard to see on normal infantry, but is quite prominent on a max.

To add to that point, you also need to consider who your opponent is. Are they aiming at your head? chest? What weapon do they have? how good is their aim? A lot of things factor into this, but the point to AD spam is to break your opponents tracking long enough to kill them without dying.

with those two points on the table.... play with it.. start with short AD burst then work your way up. I'd recommend staying below 0.5 seconds as the average reaction time can range from ~0.2-0.5 seconds.
  3. Scr1nRusher

Make sure you have a 0.75 ADS weapon.

Turn on some dubstep/EDM

Wear a fedora while drinking Mountain dew & eating Doritos.

ADADADADADADADADADADADADADADADADADADADADADADADADADAD
    • Up x 2
  4. CorporationUSA

If you move for too long in one direction, you give them a chance to adjust their aim accordingly and land shots. Not sure if that helps, but I can't calculate some sort of timeframe. However long it takes the average player to adjust their aim, or however long it takes the better players to adjust their aim, depending on who you come across.
  5. Tommyp2006

There is no certain amount of time, the idea is to be unpredictable.
  6. RedArmy

i bound Crouch to my mouse, i tap that every now n again to keep the shots on my chest and not the head
  7. OldMaster80

Imho changing direction is still too easy and quick. It should be slowed down further.
  8. FLHuk

Autohotkey for the lazy.....
    • Up x 1
  9. Goretzu

Unfortunately that is THE way; a specifically timed script program to mesh with netcode and a subtle aimbot (or just get your script program to negate recoil). :(
    • Up x 2
  10. FieldMarshall

Dont just tap ADAD. It wont help you much.
    The goal is to mess with people's reaction time, forcing them to constantly make more adjustments to their aim than their reaction time allows.
    So that just when they have had enough time to react to your movement and had enough time to get the aim on you, you change directions making them start all over.

I used to strafe for 0.2ms.
    A few months ago, i started experimenting with 0.5 and 1.0.
    I found that i dodged more bullets from the average ps2 player by strafing somewhere between 0.5-1.0.
    • Up x 1
  11. PKSpark

Adad is good for flat fighting. Add this too: in sloped situations (cliffs) moving back and forth is more effective!
    • Up x 1
  12. TheFlamingLemon

Once they start hitting you, switch to the other direction. Crouching is good for if it's a long fight (2+ seconds) and you're both near dead as a last effort to throw them off because by then they will have mentally switched from passive to fighting 100% and simply ADAD strafing won't be very effective, so crouching will try to throw them off more.

At least, this is from my experience.
    • Up x 1
  13. Megalegs

What Gartho said

For a while rapidly spamming ADAD caused "warping", don't really understand the mechanics of it but it seemed to stop the game registering hits at point blank range.

Now its just a way in real time of stopping your opponent getting a bead by unpredictability, maybe with a bit of lag thrown in.