First 1,000 Certs, What to spend them on :)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Radioactive Bomba, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Radioactive Bomba

So after having played this game for a looong time, i finally got my first thousand certs, i have never been good at saving certs and just spended them on stuff :p

So im playing NC what weapons would you guys recommend, i already have the weapons i want, although i don't have any NS wepaons.

Also i have most of the vehicle weapons i want so im really struggling what to spend them on :)

What did you guys spend your first 1000 certs on? :)
  2. Thardus

I think the first time I saved up to an entire 1000 certs was for Sundy Stealth, then again for the cloak bubble.
    (Unless either Standard or Drifter jets require 1000 at some point...)
  3. Atis

Cert high tier abilities, armor, tools etc on your favorite class/ vehicle. Last levels of darts, flak armor, sundy cloak cost exactly 1k certs, for example. Could be more specific if you say what classes/vehs you prefer.
  4. _itg

You'll get more mileage out of upgrading your class abilities than anything else. Have your maxed out your medic tool yet? repair tool? ammo box?

The only weapon I would suggest buying before any of those things would be the Cyclone, because SMG infiltrator is a totally new experience, and it's a gun you can use all classes, as well.
  5. Radioactive Bomba

I mostly play Engineer, although i have the last repair tool upgrade afterall it only costs 200 certs.

Although recently i have taken a liking to Combat Medic, i need the last medic upgrade, although i don't really think it's necessary for the last upgrade, i have a fully upgraded regenation "orb" so that doesn't hurt alot, although.

I already have the Cyclone and yes it's awesome :)
  6. PKSpark

Save for engi extra pouchs. Nothing more hilarious than to insta kill a lib, gal, or sundy, using a 4x C4 strapped esf or 4x C4 strapped flash!
  7. johnway

I'm currently sitting on 9800+ certs and i just cringe whenever have to spend 1000 certs. But in the last few months, i'm running out of options for cheaper weapons or attachments.

being a HA, i thought it was worth putting more investment in that class. I think my first purchase was lvl 5 nanoweave armor or the bull LMG. I had aurax'd 3 lmgs and i didn't want to go back to the Carv (at the time i absolutely HATED that weapon). After that i think i bought the Rams as i was getting a taste for being an infiltrator and i wanted the most powerful sniper rifle. When i reached 10000 certs i panicked (i had lost 30 certs and i didn't notice...) so i splashed out on a lynx and than on a decimator.

Recently i purchased an SMG just to round things off. I was short of ideas as to what to spend and since i was short on close quarter stuff ( i sure as hell wasn't buying a shotgun).

For my NC character, it was the anchor.

So... i'm reaching 10000 again soon. Now... what to invest in? An AT turret? claymores for my infiltrator? Another high powered sniper rifle? An AR rifle for medic? or should i top off my infiltrator shield or nanoweave armor? hmmm...
  8. CorporationUSA

Don't buy infantry weapons unless you need one to fill a role(SMG infiltrator comes to mind).

My recommendation is to pick a class or vehicle you really want to master and then go from there. If you are playing heavy assault, do yourself a favor and master the Gauss Saw. Not only is it an awesome weapon, but it will also make you better at controlling NC weapons in general. Took me about 200 kills before I really got comfortable with it, but now it's my favorite weapon in the game.

If you want to fly, a reaver with the airhammer will basically print certs for you. There is a learning curve, but the end result is worth it if you do actually want to fly. Otherwise, maybe cert into a MAX, or find an outfit with people who want to learn with you and pick a vehicle to work on.

I remember being at your level and not knowing what I wanted to do. Most of the purchases I made at the point were things I never used later on. I think you get an option to refund all of your certs once you hit level 15 or something, but I'm not sure. If so, just try something out and see how it works for you.
    • Up x 1
  9. Vurvu

I spend my first 1000 certs that the game tells me to spend them on, for no other reason that you have to have certs so that they do the things that stop you from doing them quickly enough that the game wants you to do them quickly in time, so as to reach the games' potential and everybody else's expectation of how quickly or effectively you need to do them in.

Planetside 2.
  10. HannaDest

Vanu hookers.
    • Up x 3
  11. TheFlamingLemon

What class do you play the most?
  12. Benton582

Spend it one the class you LOVE most.
  13. SQPD

Trying to keep the price as far under 1000 certs as possible and reach the same or similar desired effect:

InfilTraitors:

Rebel Stalker:
    LA8 Rebel+Laser+Suppressor
    Stalker Cloak 3

Invisible Storm:
    AF-4 Cyclone

"One Shot, One Kill":
    NC14 Bolt Driver+Straight Pull Bolt
    Hunter Cloak 3

Light AssSalts:

Light Assault CQBeast:
    GD-7F

Light Assault Classic:
    AF-19 Mercenary+Laser+1x Reflex
    Jump Jets 3
    Nanoweave 3

Light A$shole:
    Flak Armor 3
    C4 x2

MeDicks:

MEDIC!:
    Medical Applicator 3
    Regen Field

Combat Medic:
    Gauss Rifle+Laser+1x Reflex
    Medical Applicator 3
    AOE Heal 3

Ehngineers:

MAX's |/\|hore:
    Nano Armor Kit 3
    Flak Armor 3

The Independent Engi:
    Nano Armor Kit 3
    Nanoweave 3

The Tube:
    Gauss Compact S+Grenade Launcher
    Flak Armor 3

Mini Phalanx:
    MANA AT Turret

Phat Assault:

Domino's Deliveryman:
    AT Mines
    Equipment Pouch 5

"Fuxk You":
    NC6 Gauss SAW+ Compensator+1x Reflex
    NMG 3
    Nanoweave 3

Makes ESFs Use Afterburner:
    Gauss SAW S+HVA
    Hawk GD-68
    NMG 3

Vehicle Ticklebug:
    AF-22 Crow
    NMG 3
    Flak Armor 3

Wire Guided Fun:
    NC15 Phoenix
  14. Vurvu

I hate this guy.

I hate them for coming up with that before I did.
  15. Some1

What ever you do I personally wouldn't spend it on a weapon. Either dump it into attachments or upgrades. I find value in purchasing weapons with actual cash as they are then account wide unlocks. Especially the NS stuff.
  16. Pelojian

spend it on your favorite class/vehicle attachments, suit slot items etc. the starter guns are ok but better with some attachments, even if you are focusing on a particular area later on it's helpful to spend a small amount of certs here and there on other stuff so you don't specialize too much.