Mouse sensitivity off

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Snoozzzer, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Snoozzzer

Between last night and this morning, was there a hotfix that messed with aim sensitivity? My mouse DPI hasn't changed, and ingame settings haven't either, but it is wayyyy too twitchy now
  2. Pfundi

Your mouse DPI might have been just reset to the standard value because of a reboot or driver update or something. Set it up once again, both ingame and outgame.
  3. ObiVanuKenobi

Do you have windows 10? I have noticed this randomly happening when i start the game or alt tab from it. A restart seems to fix it ...until it happens again.
    Didn't have such issue before upgrading to win 10.

I couldn't find much info about it but apparently windows mouse acceleration can get stuck to "on" if you're moving the mouse and alt tabbing to a full screen game at the same time.
    • Up x 1
  4. Snoozzzer

Yep, that was it. Before my desktop also became the movie repository for the whole house, I'd turn it off every night. Thanks mate!
  5. Lord_Mogul

There were some fixes around since Windows XP.
    They disable the acceleration via a registry entry, because even if one desables the mouse acceleration in the control panel, it can still effect the mouse movement.
    Different versions for XP/Vista/7/8 because they utilize the acceleration differently, so I assume we just have to wait until one for Windows 10 arrives.