Bring back LLU!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Desann, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Desann

Remember in PS1, running the LLU?

All of the bases now are cap and hold, which is fine don't get me wrong, but the LLU run added that "capture the flag" aspect of the game. In PS1 (for those who didn't know) you couldn't fly the LLU and your vehicle speeds were reduced. But it was a lot of fun looking on the map and seeing that LLU blink as it went towards its destination, then cutting them off and returning it.

I think with the buggies coming out soon, this would be fun. Also, ATVs would see more use with that speed boost.

Just a suggestion.
    • Up x 6
  2. Stigma

I always enjoyed this too - as well as ANT runs. I'd like to see more of these mechanics come back. Perhaps not for all bases but at least some so there is some variety. Capture-and-hold-a-point is a robust system and all but it is so very outplayed at this point. Set-the-bomb is also kind of more of the same in this regard even though I do enjoy that mechanic. I can see old CS-players being a little fed up with that part =P

-Stigma
    • Up x 2
  3. f0d

i miss llu runs
    they were awesome fun and mixed up the gameplay from the usual hack and hold

i would love to see them back in PS2
    • Up x 1
  4. Cirevam

I love get-to-objective-while-everyone-chases-you mechanics. It's exciting and when you pull it off you feel like you outsmarted a lot of people. Knowledge of the map is key, as well as driving skills and teamwork. I'd be running LLUs all the time if they include them here.
    • Up x 1
  5. Desann

Ah yes...ANT runs. That aspect alone added a number of things to PS1 strategy. For one, you could drain a base's energy, making it nuetral. This allowed for bases to cutt off lattice lines deep in enemy territory. Also, the turrets would be useless, spawn tubes, everything.

The ANT runs also gave newer players, maybe not so good in the combat asepect of the game, a way to support the team and gain a nice amount of XP.

I am sure in time the DEVs will expand the game niceley during this 2013 year.
  6. TombsClawtooth

We need LLU runs back in this game badly.

It was a refreshing break from normal base caps that required a lot of organization and cooperation from the faction to accomplish.
  7. Scr1nRusher

HOLY NERCON.

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  8. wwwyzzerrdd

[IMG]

edit: concept looks cool and topic's kind of relevant still anyways
  9. Archiadus

10. TheFlamingLemon

How did LLU work to where you could capture an enemy "flag" without griefers taking the flag and running it to the enemy or just taking it as far as possible from the return point?