Merge Connery and Emerald

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hotsix, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Hotsix

I just looked and TR are 50% pop on Connery and VS are 40% on Emerald. This seems to be a persistent situation during the day and the pop on both servers are already pretty low just merge them already. At least then maybe we can get another year of fun out of this game... and maybe save you Daybreak guys some money.

My outfit barely plays now as it is, and I am finding less and less enjoyment out of the current situation. I have generally always bought the year long membership and have bought most of your new toys but if I cant log on and find a decent non lopsided fight... why spend any more money?
  2. Shanther

How about no?
    • Up x 6
  3. TombsClawtooth

I usually only find a good fight on connery on a saturday night. Throughout the week it's either very dead or obscenely lopsided.

I haven't seen a cont locked alert since I first made my account.
    • Up x 1
  4. PWGuy93

Connery is dead, had been dead since the Summer ended. The fights are 1-12 most times most days with the occasional larger fight at odd hours of the day or night. The Asian contingent that overwhelmed populations at night seems to have left, just gone.

I'm wondering if players left to play the PS4 edition or just left due to the horrible lag, bugs or the lack of content updates. I'm guessing all of the above and if content gets updated and bugs get aired out and most importantly the devs focus on making performance a thing we'll see players return.

I would highly advise against merging Emerald and Connery. What would that even behave like, where would the servers reside, what would the low performance we face now look like with additional hops in our connections? It would also mean PS2 is officially dead, having one U.S. server kind makes a statement...
  5. Vurvu

I think the problem of whether or not to merge servers
    isn't the problem we have.
  6. HadesR

Unless they have a big influx of new players then a merge is going to happen sooner or later ..

I would imagine it would behave like it did it Beta ...

As for location .. I have no clue on their infrastructure, but if I had to guess I would say they would base it out of their HQ ...
  7. Goldmonk

[IMG]
    I don't think merging the East Coast and West Coast servers is a good idea
    • Up x 1
  8. tijolo

The server would have to be located either on east or west making players that chose the lesser ping one have an increase of 30+ ms. The previous server merges as far as I know were made on servers of the same region.
  9. Cyropaedia

I think more people will quit when the Emerald VS contingent dominates during the day and the Connery VS contigent dominates at night.
  10. dejavuallover3

The players from Asia are still unfortunately on Connery. That's one reason why it's losing many longer term players - they're fed up having to deal with warping, lagging, high ping players who really should be playing either on their own county's servers (for China and Japan) or at least on Briggs. The idea of merging the servers and having all of these laggers on the only server available is frankly terrible and will kill the game even quicker than DBG are managing to run it into the ground. What should happen is that DBG starts doing something about high ping players and then merge servers. Of course they should also fix the ongoing issues, pay attention to the abysmal new player experience, do something about those who cheat and properly advertise the game too. Then they would find that player retention actually increases. Sadly though the company is thoroughly incompetent and that hasn't changed since they were bought out.
    • Up x 2
  11. Agarthan

We'll keep the Koreans on Connery, but send all the red army filth to the EU servers or give them their own server where they can ghost cap maps all day and night.
  12. HadesR

The reason there has been an influx of them on Connery is because their own servers have died .. There is zero chance of news being opened ..
  13. Agarthan

I know that I'm just being salty because I'm tired of the constant TR overpop on Connery.
    • Up x 3
  14. Taemien

Why not? I've been playing on Genudine-Helios-Connery for 3 years. I'm literally 5 minutes away from the beach on the East Coast. Only time I see issues is during natural disasters (specifically hurricanes). But I'd have the same issue on Emerald in that case.

East to West Coast connections in North America is fine.
  15. Scorpion97

Actually he's right,Emerald is more as a VS main server while Connery got plagued by those TR asians

Hell,everytime i get killed by a laggy chineese 26space member or a red devil korean scum or even just see their daily 60+ zergs,they really drive me mad to a point that i was about to pull out my pocket knife and scratch my screen before!
  16. Ronin Oni

GUYS!

Guys....

They could put a new server in the center of the country yah know.

If populations truly warrant a merge (and I'm honestly not completely saying they do, but honestly, it's worth looking at) then centralizing the server is the fairest thing to do.

Texas would even improve things for our SA brothers... slightly.......

Only Euros playing on Emerald would be adversely affected, but they should merge Miller and Cobalt already anyways.
  17. CorporationUSA

I don't think that's a good idea, unless they made a server in a central location.
  18. Pikachu

Remember on release when there were 6 servers in usa and they were overflowing? :(
  19. Valok

Unfortunately it wouldn't. Playing from SA, overall the 'best' location for us is around Atlanta. When the servers are around that zone our ping is 100-150. (My ping when the server is not lagging is around ~130)

If moved to the Texas however it goes up to 200-350 depending on the game. Can't tell why there's such difference from these two locations.
  20. H4YW1R3

No thanks. Don't need the extra lag from merging east and west coast servers. And Emerald certainly don't need more players to feed into the zergfest P2 has become since the continent locks and lattices were introduced.