It's time to buff Fractures!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by UberNoob1337101, Oct 17, 2015.

1. GhostAvatar

Pretty close, lmfao. The Fractures are way off, almost 30% behind the others in those stats.
    • Up x 2
  2. Taemien

That's why I suggested it have the ground coyote mechanic. The Fracture would be sort of like a reverse Raven. It'd be harder to hit with than the Raven of course, but you'd have the option of unloading those shots and ducking behind something.
  3. PostalDude

"Waaah, buff everything that I think is useless before you get anything relevant fixed" get out of here Vanu shill.
  4. CMDante

Having a mag-dump alternate fire would be entertaining, but I think that might make them too potent up close if you could get the entire damage per mag out in a second.
  5. Kristan

I'd be satisfied with 300 m/s projectile speed. That's all.
  6. Gutseen

Make them carry shrapnel warheads, with a 2m blast radius.
    buff dmg
    make 'em follow esf's

then they can be on par with the scrublike line guided ravens, while rekting air oneshot f99ts and dealing with dat nc max cap point spam
  7. Kristan

in other words you want fractures to be heatseeking guided missiles with nuclear warheads

not sure if I want the same drugs you're on
  8. Gutseen

nah, i want that fo mah prowler, cuz its useless like a tank so it will be good as a mobile artilery of satan.
  9. Taemien

I was thinking about that too. I may have a fix for it. Give it the short/long reload mechanic. Short reload is rather quick, allowing quick DPS. Long reload is long enough to give less DPS then the Decimator. Choices and Consequences, Risk and Reward all maintained. I'd use it, if I played TR.

Didn't really want to say this here though, as its bound to derail a bit. But heck I'm suggesting the mechanics of Fractures and Striker be somewhat similar so it fits a bit. Striker's got to be decent so players will see the 'new' Fracture as palatable.
  10. Villanuk

I dont think its wise asking devs to re-work the fractures into a striker like item. They would either make it under whelming so not to make it op or make it op and then nerf it even further, its thats possible. The striker is only really good at close range and if you used that concept on the Max, it would be pointless and i just cannot seeing them giving us a long range striker like ability.

The fact they have very little time anyway more or less kills the idea.

I would keep it simple. just increase the velocity with the same principle and the vortex. The vortex high Vel, low damage, the frac, medium Vel, medium Damage.
  11. Akashar

I don't know how fractures even work, as I must have been killed like 2 times by it. But by reading your post, it seems that accuracy is the main problem so the last point seems to be the most interesting one. Working a bit like the striker but on ground vehicles would be good. Buffing DPS is extremely dangerous, as there are a lot of things that can be done without touching it. If you could shoot from behind cover, or almost behind cover, and auto lock on ground, that'd be great.
  12. Deffington

You would be the first to hate it. After posts about GK being too easy to use, how could ground coyote be difficult? You would eat literally every missile. Hiding behind obstacle? No problem! These missiles would find you...

Nope, rather velocity and drop fix.
  13. LordAnnihilator

The sensible way I see Fractures can be buffed:
    -Camera shake removed
    -Velocity increase to 300 m/s
    -small DPS buff
    -small magazine increase

The MR11 Gatekeeper is "based" off the Fracture, so why is it good while the fracture sucks ***?
  14. K2k4

Simple solution. Make them accurate, but put a sleight offset based on which arm is firing. Right arm hits to the right of crosshair and left to the left. You now have the long range av the tr max needed but it would require some skill to land all the shots.
  15. Cyrek

I don't want more damage, fractures only need better application model for them, less shake, more speed but the falloff still being there for longer ranges.
    • Up x 1
  16. Cyrek

I don't want more damage, fractures only need better application model for them, less shake, more speed but the falloff still being there for longer ranges.
    • Up x 1