Warning you cant damage vehicles with your weapon

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by VonStalin, Oct 15, 2015.

1. VonStalin

I see newbs so often try to attack armor with wrong weapons. Specially with AI turrets.
    There should be warning up to level 15 "You weapon does no damage to this vehicle" something like that.
    Yes, it has to do something with a bit lower IQ then average, but there is quite a lot of them...
    • Up x 6
  2. AxiomInsanity87

Happening on ps4

There's drawing their fire and there's stupidity

This is clearly a case of stupid, maybe drunk rambos lol.
    • Up x 3
  3. Agarthan

I just look for the damage confirmation indicator if I get the red cross popping up on a target when I shoot it, I'll keep shooting.
  4. Xellon

That's the way Agarthan, but this is more about the Guys who empty Magazine after Magazine of my Kobalt onto some passing Liberator, adding the flaming wrath of the most potent A2G Platform to this deliberat waste of Ammunition, for which my poor Sunderer will have to pay deerly... Ok, I might have gone a bit melodramatic here, sorry.
    Also, while we're at it, you also can't damage Shield Generators by fireing your Rocket Launcher at them, better try it on that MAX Unit over th..oh****he'sgettingclosaaargh... That's one I've also seen commonly, but it's gotten rarer thanks to the Tutorial.
    • Up x 2
  5. Lemposs

It is not like it is somehow harming anyone that they do it, they'll eventually learn the ropes, we all did.
  6. _itg

It can be quite harmful to their teammates, mostly when the noob jumps in a sunderer gun (often a Kobalt) and gets everyone killed because he either attracted the attention of a Liberator/MBT, or because he was preventing someone useful from defending the sunderer while wasting magazine after magazine trying to kill a Lib/MBT.
    • Up x 1
  7. Lemposs

I highly doubt that the plinking on armor from a kobalt, is what is going to get a MBT or liberators attention to the sunderer, it would be dead nonetheless in that case. As for it taking the spot from someone useful, I have had BR100 being blind deaf and dumb, mount guns, so really everyone needs to continue to learn.
  8. Imp C Bravo

As a lib pilot -- I can honestly say that I have had my attention pulled by Sundies with only one basilisk or a kobalt or something similarly not so dangerous plinking at me. And I kill them. Had that gunner not wasted their ammo at me I would have focused on something else.

Same goes for my gunners. They laugh at that. Often they are having fun bombing infantry and suddenly out of the tree leaves incoming 0 (or almost 0) damage plinking hits the bottom of the lib. Would have never seen the sundy had it not done that. You are correct in that we all learn and grow constantly -- but people not knowing when their guns won't be effective get their teammates killed and occasionally pushes/assaults broken up.
  9. Lemposs

And I can as a MBT pilot say that I kill sunderers before they can even begin noob shooting me (something else can be said for gunner though) :D It is really all analogy, but I do highly doubt it has this large damaging effect that a simple tell now and again couldn't solve.
  10. Drasilov

Wish their was an option to make the sundy unarmed :\
  11. Imp C Bravo

I don't doubt you do. But, you are on the ground -- with things a lot closer and a lot less to look at simultaneously. In the air we can see more -- but resolve less due to their BEING more. I am really not surprised that you are faster on the sundy hunt. Im just saying -- it does attract my attention on a regular basis and many times a sundy I would have otherwise not seen would have continued to spawn troops for an assault had they not fired at me.
  12. Lemposs

Hard to say, you might have spotted it later on. All in all, I think it is making quite a fuzz over something that is easily corrected by us the community, rather than for PS2 to have a 200 page handbook pop up on screen every second they do something "wrong".
    • Up x 1
  13. Demigan

I remember the first months on PS2 PC... People shot the generator over and over again with rockets and used grenades against it, getting teamkill after teamkill. Then there was the fact that a generator exploded and killed anyone within the vicinity... Took a lot of people a loooooong time to learn while using the generator as a shield in it's final moments.
  14. ColonelChingles

If I'm gunning on top with a Kobalt, I've been known to shoot at enemy tanks and such.

Mostly because:
    1) "Hey, shoot at that MBT! It's running AP and is already heavily damaged!"
    or
    2) "Lol I R helpingz, why'd you have to stick me with a Kobalt in a long-range tank fight. :mad: "
  15. Rentago

The problem is most people don't want to "learn" the ropes. They want to be given a rope with a cheat sheet attached to it.

You show me a scrub you told to "git good" and I'll show you someone who has uninstalled the game.
    • Up x 1
  16. asmodraxus

Maybe they should also put on the PPA "You cannot reliably damage infantry" as well
  17. Lemposs

Of course they want that, I freaking wanted that. I was given that by other players and outfit members, and I carry that on.

You show me an elitist ******** that told people to "git good", and I will point you to why a lot of games are having problems with their communities, and why a lot of them are uninstalling when there are no more people to tell to "git good".
    • Up x 1
  18. Imp C Bravo

Maybe, if I survived. Libs can't stay in any one area long before stuff starts shooting them usually. However, you make a fair point. It is something that can be solved by the community. I'm on PS4 for example. We don't have squad lock on vehicles yet which makes it...difficult...

I like this and I don't like it at the same time. You are right and I completely agree that people let too much moss grow under their thinking stones. But at the same time -- sharing information and training people is a big deal and just means one more competent player to either help or fight against depending on where you stand. That is a critical thing in a game like this.
  19. Pelojian

IMHO the game could more tutorials add in some class specific directive helmets (except for LA they already have one in basic training directives) as easy to complete as the basic training directive.

have tutorials for each class, each vehicle with weapon tutorials for the vehicles, attempt to teach them to recognize a kobalt and know not to shoot tanks, libs or gals with them, teach them a walker and basilisk can work against all targets, teach them that if a friendly player is standing next to enemy tank mines he's disarming them so they don't blow up friendlies disarming mines.