What camo looks sort of like US Army camo?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Heywire56, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Heywire56

I want to wear a camo that has a military style
  2. Taemien

The closest is Dark Digital. Alot darker than the Army's UCP but has the same pattern.

[IMG]

Nothing has the same color as the Army's UCP though.
    • Up x 1
  3. Heywire56

How about the California Scrub camo? I have this one already.
  4. Hammerlock

5. ColonelChingles

[IMG]

That would have been the "Desert Camouflage Uniform", which would have been used by the US Army from 1992-2004.

[IMG]

Desert Scrub V2 was also a US military pattern, used from the 1980s to early 1990s. Called the chocolate-chip pattern.

[IMG]

Woodland was used from the 1980s to the late 00s.

[IMG]

Pine Forest slightly resembles UCP if you have a few drinks and squint really hard.
    • Up x 5
  6. Heywire56

I'll take a look at all those, thank you Colonel Chingles
  7. TheShrapnelKing

Dark digital is the closest you're gonna get.

It's much darker, but the US Army's camo is too light anway. They've spent so long fighting in the desert they're biasing their colour patterns towards desert environments. Wouldn't do them much good in Europe if WW3 broke out. The Russians have way better camo for such an environment.
  8. Taemien

UCP is pretty meh in deserts, and meh in woodland environments. Works pretty decently in urban. But that was the reason for the color choice, it is equally good in both woodland and desert environments. The Marine Corps' MARPAT has desert and woodland versions, but unfortunately they have to have two sets of uniforms.

Let me tell you from personal experience, having one set of colors for a uniform is a helluva lot easier to deal with. Especially in non-combat areas. And to be honest, UCP is pretty much used in non-combat areas.

We have another set of patterns used now for individual deployments (depending on mission), but use the UCP uniformly back home.

As for the Russians and WWIII, I'm not really worried, the Georgians gave them a run for their money. I'm sure the Poles and French would light them up long before us needing to get in there, at least before we need to start worrying about camo patterns and the like.
  9. RedArmy

i go with Black Flames
    otherwise the Valentines Camos are actually quite good
  10. ColonelChingles

It works wonders with certain floral-patterned couches though!

[IMG]

Which is pretty much the natural environment for most Americans, so it sorta makes sense.
    • Up x 1
  11. RedArmy

wife camo
    • Up x 2
  12. Taemien

When I was out in the field while stationed in Texas, it was incredibly hard to see others sitting still at night even with a full moon. The real smoke and mirrors effect is the digital pattern itself. The point of Camo is to break up outlines and conceal, not make invisible. And the UCP does that pretty well in most environments. But that's the idea.. in 'most' environments.

If you're in desert camo and find yourself in a wooded environment, you stick out like a sore thumb. You'd have to switch camos. That's why its called universal. Its not the best in any environment, but its good enough depending on what you're doing. If you absolutely need something more specialized by the mission, you get what you need. That's how it always works.
  13. TheShrapnelKing

Why the heck would you even be deployed to a desert combat zone with woodland camo anyway?

US Army always used to have both. Call me old fashioned but it makes more sense than one camo that can't quite pass in either, and currently passes better in desert than in foliage.

Hell, really, you need 3 camos, two of which you should always have on hand depending on where you're being sent(foliage and desert camo) and one you should always have in storage just in case (Arctic camo).
  14. Taemien

Do you suddenly stop going when you encounter an environment that doesn't match the area, heck even if you have both types with you, do you realize how long it would take to suddenly stop and change? Sorry to say but I've been in places where the colors change vastly, and in very short distances.

Woodland and Desert make sense in their environments and when operating in such we still have them. Like I said we have what we need when we need it. But if you think you know better, feel free to write your congressman and tell them to push for something else. At the end of the day they make the decisions.
  15. ColonelChingles

Because we're actually kinda cheap? Or more like we'll throw away billions on a "next generation" airplane and not have enough money left over to give infantry body armour.

Or sometimes things are just slow. Either way, it does happen.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  16. TheShrapnelKing

I forgot how much a makeshift job Desert Storm was. Good thing it was just Iraq and it didn't matter at all.

Lol at the guy wearing a green winter jacket in the desert, WTF?
  17. ColonelChingles

Second one was actually the latest Iraq war. Not saying that it was any better planned than Desert Storm. Arguably Desert Storm was better thought out, because at least we didn't try for nation-building and regime change. :p

Winters in Iraq can actually get to freezing. It actually gets rather cold without the usual cloud layer that can insulate a bit better.

That, and when the only thing they give you is a winter coat, you either wear that or go bare-chested.
  18. Megalegs

I can barely see those tanks.................

But seriously, camo isn't gonna matter in the slightest when the Muslims/Reds/UN drop the bomb on you, then it will all come down to personal ownership of assault rifles.
  19. Megalegs

That squad look about as terrifying as my dad and his golf buddies.......
  20. Shiaari

It gets cold in the desert. Really cold. That's what makes a desert a desert: unregulated temperature range. From being so hot you can cook on a rock, to being so cold your spit freezes.