Star wars bf JET PACK

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by VonStalin, Oct 12, 2015.

1. VonStalin

I was excited about new Icarus jet pack until I tried them. I have never been using them since.
    Icarus jet pack should be tuned to be a copy of SW battlefront jet pack, because they are awesome in SW.
  2. CipherNine

I was thinking the same when I saw jetpack in SW. Light assault should be able to leap quickly behind the enemy in middle of a fight. That way light assaults could be used for head-on rushes.
  3. Pikachu

How do they work?
  4. VonStalin

The main thing - there is no delay its like a dragon kicked you in the a$$. And much faster. But uncontrollable and long recharge time. It is like "f this sh*t, I'm out of here" .
  5. Towie

...kinda like a big 'jump' - press the button, you fly through the air quickly - able to move left/right to adjust your landing spot.

So - not as controllable as Icarus - but very fast and with a reasonable distance covered, an ideal way to flank opposition (I guess it is this aspect that people are liking)...
  6. ALN_Isolator

This was the ORIGINAL Icarus.
  7. Kristan

So you have just described one of three PS2 jetpacks. Don't remember the name.
  8. VonStalin

bouncing betty?
  9. Kristan

10. Liewec123

they need to make the come-down faster, currently theres tioo much hang-time, you get killed,
    also some thrust in the direction your're trying to go would be nice too.

corrently its the worst of the 3 and costs as much as the other two combined iirc.
  11. BobSanders123

In SWB its called the Jump pack it basically blasts you very high and far in a specified direction with a 15 second cooldown time. It is extremely useful in getting to flanking positions or quickly scrambling out of a NOPE zone.
  12. Some1

Infantry that move too fast breaks the game engine so I dont think the SW jetpacks would work in this game.
  13. Tilderx

i approve of this of this suggestion. i too have been splurging on SW Battlefront Beta and i love the Jump Packs they have. And they are "jump Packs", not "Jet Packs". But having the option of having an actual "Jump Pack" in Planetside 2 would cool. Using a Star Wars Jump Pack feels alot like when you are at an Amp Station and you use the Jump Pads.

The Jump Packs seems to apply a standard amount of force. If you are sprinting forward and hit it, you fly forward about 45-50 meters, but only gain about 20 meters of height. If walking forward or strafing, then you get about 30 meters in distance and 30 in height. Backpeddling seems to only go about 15-20 meters back, but 35-40 meters up. Also, the Jump Packs seem to have controlled descent, cause you don't take fall damage. Another cool thing is you can sprint forward and Jump Pack, then turn 180 and fire at people without losing too much distance.

Here's a random video of the Battlefront beta where the guy uses it in each direction while fighting.

Maybe a 4th Light Assault pack can be added, the Jump Pack, or they can change how the Icarus works. Maybe when you are running full sprint with the Icarus and use it, it will propel you forward very fast with limited height. And when you are standing still and use the Icarus (like running up to a wall and stopping), it will propel you straight up fast with limited directional control.
    • Up x 1