New pc to play good in Planetside2

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Salvatore4699, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Salvatore4699

Hi all i will buy new pc and i want to know if it is good to play Planetside 2 in medium large battles whit a good quality.
    • AMD Athlon X4 860K Black Edition, 4x 3.70GHz, boxed (AD860KXBJABOX)
    • GIGABYTE GA-F2A88XM-HD3 (Sound5.1 G-LAN SATA3 USB 3.0)
    • Zotac GeForce GTX 750 Ti 1GB GDDR5, 2x DVI, Mini HDMI (ZT-70603-10M)
    • 8 GB RAM Kingston/ G-Skill/ Crucial DDR-3 PC1600 1Modul
    • Western Digital WD Blue 1TB, 64MB Cache, SATA 6Gb/s (WD10EZEX)
    • 24x DVD-RW Writer Samsung SH-224BB Black, SATA, (SH-224BB/BESE) DVD Brenner
    • Be Quiet! System Power 7 BRONZE 400W ATX 2.31 (BN142)
    • Case A-Dis (ELITE 905) 2x USB 3.0 in Front (BxHxT: 180x430x460mm)
    • AMD CPU Cooler EKL Silence
    • no / kein Windows
    • Ultron UCR 75 75in1 Card Reader/Writer schwarz intern 3,5zoll
    • Montiert, getestet und geprüft - 2 Jahre Garantie
  2. Skiptrace

I wouldn't trust that PSU as far as it could throw me. and that CPU is about 4 years old. You would be buying a high tech doorstop.
    • Up x 1
  3. user300115

It is actually a pretty good PSU.

But I would agree that the CPU is not the best one. I would really like to see an i5 in there but even an i3 should be better thanks to hyper threading.
    • Up x 1
  4. Skiptrace

He could get a Corsair CX750M and be much better off. That GPU is a tad old, but it would run PS2 on Medium-High at about 80 FPS in a medium fight, No Shadows though sadly.
  5. user300115

No, that would be a silly thing to do. The system will draw not more than 300W. 750W would be horribly inefficient and pointless.
  6. mfdoom7

at full that cpu draws about 200w max and if overcloked then even more. the gpu takes 70w max so no need for 750w psu unless u will upgrade it to amd gpu
  7. JojoTheSlayer

Within PC gaming there are generally two types of games.
    "Normal" and "CPU" games. While "normal" games are more based on the power of your 3d card. The latter are games that have an unusual higher demand for the CPU compared to most and even better looking game. RTS are generally CPU games , but you have other examples as well like the fps series Arma with its huge landscape and borderline unlimited units and each shell fired is an actual physical object in the world and so on...

PlanetSide 2 is also one of these "CPU" games for similar reasons.
    Ergo, you need to get a up to date motherboard socket and CPU.

I would recommend something ala Haswell or Skylake i5 at 4,0 gigahertz.
    When it comes to CPU, Intel is just better than AMD, but for gaming you dont need hyper threading (i7).

-----------------

The computer you have listed is ****... its that simple.
    Too old socket, too old cpu tech, too old 3D card tech, the ram seems to be 8x1 which is not better than 4x2, the PSU is sub par. Specially if you are "planning" indirectly via lack of money. To keep the PC for +3 years. Power need vs time to last matters because the Watt is lost over time. A 400w PSU wont stay effective 400w for years. If you run a PSU at its "limits" it will just break sooner rather than later, comparable. Thats why its best to have something that is a bit more than "minimum requirements".

-----------------

If the asking price for "that" PC is average store price for a new PC. Then you are being borderline hustled.
  8. Skiptrace

Not really, it gives upgrade headroom. I run a 750 watt PSU and i'm running an i5-4460 with a GTX 970. The 970 requires a minimum of a 500 Watt PSU, but I have a 750 for upgrading headroom, incase I want to upgrade my CPU or something. And as JojoTheSlayer points out, the PSU is not going to stay effective 400w. As it ages, it will be less powerful. The only "good" part in that PC is the RAM. Everything else is borderline garbage. Except for the 750 Ti, that's a pretty good GPU even for PS2 (That's coming from a guy who used a 560 Non-Ti for 4+ Years to play stuff)
  9. user300115

That is like buying 32GB because in future you might use it after an upgrade but you probably won't. Only difference is that 32GB can have a real benefit if used by Windows for caching files while 750W will have a negative impact by slightly raising your electricity bill.

A 650W PSU runs any single GPU/CPU config on the market and hardware is becoming more and more energy efficient. The chances are far too high that he will never profit from the additional investment which is why I advise against it.

Anyways. As the discussion here is far too one sided and pretty much dead I would advise OP to go to /r/buildapc to get a better share of opinions.
    • Up x 1
  10. haldolium

It's a bad setup imo.

I'd recommend an Intel CPU (i5 or equivalent), a slightly better GPU, double the RAM, a different PSU vendor (beQuiet is really awful, do not buy them) with ~500W.

Don't buy this. Build your own PC or at least go to a store that builds the PC for you out of custom chosen parts. These kind of pre-made PCs are mostly crap at some points (who on earth needs a card reader?)

I know mindfactory offers to build the PC from custom parts, but I guess there are quite a few other stores that do that as well.

What is your budget anyways? Are the ~500€ your absolute limit?
    • Up x 1
  11. user300115

beQuiet sells top tier PSUs (if you disagree list your sources). And recommending 16GB of RAM for a lower end/medium build is as bad as advice can get. Everything else you said is questionable at best.

Again @OP (given that you are still reading):
    Go somewhere else for advice. The knowledgeable users seem to have left this board.
  12. Salvatore4699

Yes my budge is 500/550euro... Thank you all guys for advice.. if someone can help me to build a decent pc to play, i would to accept them :)

13. Gleerok

Cheap haswell i3, throw in average nvidia GPU. Pick the other essential parts that are needed.

Probably the minumum best you can get to play Planet Side 2 at halfly decent settings at 60 FPS:

i3 4130-50-70 (3.3 to 3.7 ghz depending on which one you pick. Haswell. 2 cores, hyperthreading) 54 W
    gtx 750 / gtx 750 ti 2gb / gtx 950 - 120W to 160W
    Essential gigabyte motherboard for LGA 1155 Intel Haswell without too much gimmicks
    2x 4gb 1600 mhz DDR3 RAM OR 1x 4gb and 1x 2gb 1600mhz ddr3 but price difference will probably be minimal
    400 W / 430 W PSU
    Western Digital WD Blue 1TB, 64MB Cache, SATA 6Gb/s
    Pick a cheap and essentially decent case.

I wouldn't pick SD card reader, DVD burn, or any of those. Get a motherboard with USBs and you can get away with adaptors. Unless you rely heavily on specific devices.

If you pick intel you 'll have more single core power, hyperthread and you won't need aftermarket cooler (you won't be overlocking anyways). Uses less power too and runs cooler. You'll spend more on the cpu itself but arguably less since you won't buy an aftermarket cooler, and have less worries about heat.
    • Up x 1
  14. user300115

Absolutely perfect. That is what I would imagine for a budget build.
  15. Salvatore4699

16. Pfundi

Just to mention it, the expensive i3 processors are like 120€ and the cheapest i5 4460 Box costs 175€. And the performance increase is pretty good.
    750Ti as a GPU is a good choice for a cheap card to get a better CPU. And this CPU would be the i5. Doesnt need a different CPU-Cooler that much as well.
    PSU id take the Antec TP450C.
    ASRock offers the cheapest motherboards with decent quality. A B85 Chipset should be enough. Its only 50€.
    8GB DDR3 Memory. Crucial has the best offer in Germany atm for 39€ you get the Ballistix Sport DDR3-1.600 2x4 GB Kit.
    Case: Just take wathever you like.
    So, now in German:
    Wo lässt du das gute Stück zusammenbauen? Schau mal hier vorbei extreme.pcgameshardware.de bei Komplette Rechner Zusammenstellung. Gibts auch die "Vororthilfe" für alle die sich nich selbst traun. Selber baun is aber wirklich total einfach.
    Hast du schon Windows oder muss das auch noch in den Preis?
    Wenn du sonst noch Fragen hast (Montage, Teile, Garantie) frag einfach nochmal.
    For the rest: I suggested him a german site for hardware support (as hes obviously german) and offered him personal help. I am going to help all non germans as well of course :D
    • Up x 1
  17. haldolium

As Pfundi mentioned, you should seek advice at PCGH, CB or similar. Although depending on what you have right now, for very low budget you might not see a vast improvement since PS2 has such a high variety of players, youl will run into situations where the FPS will drop.
  18. mfdoom7

u joking right ? have u built pc before ? if u want to buy psu dont look that fancy super power name or whatever companies like corsair just buts corsair stikcer on it and says its out new psu and buy it. how thing actualy shoud work is u look at name and find out OEM. i can give u tons of info about different PSU-s. and u want to look OEM like Delta or Seasonic all Seasonic psus is named Seasonic so yea, imo Seasonic is the best.
  19. PasitheeVS

To help you choosing a PC, it would be good to know what your budget range is.
    People are suggesting Skylake i5 etc., but when I look at the configuration you'd choose, this is surely out of budget.
    Also where do you want to buy your PC? I would recommend buying all part seperately and either building it by yourself or using a shop like hardwareversand.de where they build your PC pretty cheap. For 20€.
    You save a lot of money when buying the parts seperately.

German: Wieviel möchtest du denn für deinen PC ausgeben? Wo willst du ihn kaufen - die Teile einzeln kaufen oder nen fertigen PC? Wenn du die einzeln kaufst, sparst du ne Menge Geld. Bei hardwareversand.de kannst du ihn auch für 20€ zusammensetzen lassen, wenn du sowas nicht selber kannst (ist mega einfach, wie ein Malen nach Zahlen oder so...)
  20. Pfundi

Well, you got a little button on the left side and another one on the right side of your keyboard. And then theres another one on the right.
    They can do things like THIS or
    T
    H
    I
    S
    Now back to topic. I did hear a lot of good about be quiet! s medium range PSUs. The Straight Power E10 mainly.