Performance with i5 6600?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Maxence822, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Maxence822

Cheers thanks :)
  2. travbrad

Skylake (or any Intel CPU from the last few years really) will work great in PS2. PS2 benefits from per-core performance, and not so much from having more cores. That is the area Intel is very strong in.

I have a GTX970 and an overclocked i5-2500K (probably similar performance to a non-overclocked i5-6600) and the game runs great. I have everything maxed out pretty much and the only time I drop below 60FPS is in very large (200-300+) battles. I think that's more down to the game than the CPU/GPU though.
  3. AlterEgo

Vote Fate for Aristotle?
  4. AlterEgo

So, my game looks not bad-ish... and my computer's whatever-makes-the-game-go-smooth is an i5 4200U. I get pretty okay FPS... is this good?
  5. Maxence822

lol mate its called a processor :) I have the same processor in my laptop its not bad. I just upgraded my laptop with an SSD and faster RAM (from 667 Mhz to 1600 Mhz) so I saw a doubling in framerates :D Im so happy about that
  6. Maxence822

And I dont have a discrete GPU so my game is not severely GPU bound. I'm going to try to take out the Wifi card and make a mod to use a desktop GPU on my laptop :D
  7. Goretzu

Pretty much any i5 that has ever existed runs PS2 fine at sensible resolutions, so you should be more than fine with that.
  8. AlterEgo

o_O
    Double, you say? Well snap, how does one upgrade RAM/SSD? It is a manual thing?
  9. Maxence822

well yes... you have to take out the old RAM and hard drive and put in a new one. Then you have to reinstall your OS and all your stuff.