Whats changed in the game?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jackplays17, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Jackplays17

Iv been gone for a few months (Perhaps July?) and am wondering what has changed. Have we gotten the fabled koltyr update yet? What else has changed? Any new guns worth buying? what guns are OP/UP at this time?
  2. Jackplays17

Just checked the archive, and it was probably actually may. Wow. didnt seem barely that long.
  3. Eternaloptimist

Koltyr is up.
    New AV guns for harassers.
    Burst fire carbines have much improved accuracy.
    Just introduced a bounty system (yesterday).
    The TR Striker got a buff and rockets are now faster/more accurate.
    New NS rocket launcher (the Swarm) - three shot lock on follows targets around obstacles with two speed rocket mode.
    And there is an auto-kick system for blatant cheats - not perfect but an improvement.

I only play infantry so I can't tell you detail about other things but I think the flight mechanic has changed and there has been a change to MBT AP cannon.

Welcome back! for me, the game is better than it has been for ages.
  4. n0pax

The 3 major servers have each lost about 25% of their peak daily concurrent users and the other ones have also experienced massive drop offs. All PC servers are now at or below server merge population levels going by the past merge population numbers. Many PS4 servers do not even hit 100 total peak concurrent users last I checked.

More development time to cash mechanics that do not enhance the game, just bring in cash.
  5. Jackplays17

Yea, I noticed That pop was VERY low for friday night primetime, we could BARELY fill 2 continents on Emerald!
  6. Jackplays17

Thanks! So really, the only MAJOR change is koltyr, in the like 5 months I was gone :/