Can we PLEASE not get resources subtracted when we're killed at the vehicle terminal?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ianneman, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Stormsinger

See my replies here
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?posts/3286441/
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?posts/3286471/

Both apply to your statement, and are in depth and long winded enough reposting both would be spam.

If the only way that Snipers can be useful is by unintentionally exploiting a broken game mechanic, then Snipers need to be revamped in some manner that allows them to be useful without accidentally taking advantage of interface lag, improperly tuned event timing, and spawn delay.

Currently, the removal of resources without being granted a vehicle spawn due to premature death is most similar to being thrown to another continent when the spawn you select is abruptly removed after you select it (Due to interface lag between selecting a spawn, and actually being spawned) causing the game to throw you to the next available spawn it feels like.

imagine being shot by a sniper mid-alert, and being thrown off of the continent, unable to return to the region until the alert is over. The causes are similar. Both need to be fixed.
    • Up x 1
  2. Hatesphere

No one is trying to stop infiltrators from shooting people at the terminals. which is why I find a lot of the responses to this thread both funny and a little telling of some peoples mentality concerning balance and game mechanics. no vehicle was spawned, resources should not be removed, period. Something needs to change concerning this game play interaction, not only is it confusing, its not intuitive and does nothing but leave new and vet players alike feeling robbed.

Its also not like this is something a sniper can even reliably time, so people need to stop saying its some mystical high level infiltrator tactic.
  3. Shadowomega

They had that it was called Nanoweave it gave bonus health and the infiltrators cried about not being able to one shot head shot anymore.

As for this happening I have died while getting a vehicle, it did spawn the vehicle but it didn't leave the vpad due to lack of driver, so it was deconstructed when the next vehicle was spawned. Which is likely to have occurred.
  4. Stormsinger

Yep, that they did - I addressed this in another post, complete with suggestions on how to implement a new version. The Initial Nanoweave wasn't intended to protect from headshots, yet it did - Nanoweave was the only real option that players took due to this, so the headshot protection was removed.

In a nutshell, my suggestion is to add a suit slot option that protects from exclusively bolt action headshots, blocking a single one-hit kill, leaving you with a sliver of health (as the previous nanoweave implementation did.)

This is distinct from the previous version of Nanoweave, as it protects versus one weapon type in one hit location, and does nothing else.

Edit:
    Sometimes it takes resources, sometimes it does not. It appears to be based on server load, timing of the shot, how lagged you are, how much UI lag you have, etc. It doesn't happen 100% of the time, but it happens often enough that i've had friends try the game, have it happen, then slam it closed and uninstall due to frustration.

It usually happens to me about 3-4 times an evening.

Also, your vehicle would have only been deconstructed if there was an obstruction in front of the pad that prevented it from rolling forward, as it does automatically just after spawning, regardless of whether you are in it or not.
  5. Ronin Oni

If they get shot before clicking 'Buy' then they don't lose the resources.

As soon as you click the button, MOVE and don't stop moving.
  6. Ronin Oni

I can't say I'd mind if they 'fixed it' by spawning the vehicle anyways (so you can respawn and get it), or maybe not deducting resources until it actually spawns it and you tel;eport into it, but I was just offering the common sense way to deal with the issue now.

Once you click "Deploy" on a vehicle on a terminal, get moving, don't stop moving, and have your gun out looking out for stalkers.

I'm not entirely sure I'd call it a "bug" either honestly. It's a form of denial...

Spawning you on wrong continent is unquestionable a bug, should be fixed, and there's really little you can do about it besides not trying to spawn last second on a base that's being lost or a sunderer under attack.
  7. TheMercator

Since I like to throw C4 into that knot of peple that collects around vehicle terminals when a base is captured I am against shielding people using the terminal. But getting rid of taking nanites without actual spawning a vehicle sounds reasonable. Especially because it can actually occur to people without even dying when the queue is too long.
  8. Liewec123

then just stick walls around it like some bases have already. ;)
  9. FateJH

Outright protection against BASR headshots sounds too plain and the niche is too small. What about a ranked version that reduces the headshot multiplier only (minimum of 1x of course)?
  10. customer548

Vehicules are way more powerful (if used in the right way) than infantry. Killing a random guy at a terminal is not such an easy thing, especially if he's moving.
    So, you want to be able to come back again and again to the terminal in order to be 100% able to spawn a vehicule in order to farm opponents in a more secure way (while keeping your ressources) than with using a simple infantry class?

You got killed at a terminal. Does it prevent you from playing the game ? No. Does it prevent you to def your base ? No. Does it prevent you to fight with an infantry class only ? No.
    Did you have the choice to spawn your vehicule in a safer base ? Yes. Did you choose to try to spawn a vehicule at your own risks ? Yes. You failed, you have to wait for gaining ressources back. Not such a big deal.
    When you shoot at people on a terminal, is it an easy task ? No. Are some people way more faster than others at spawning their vehicule ? Yes. Why ? I guess that's because they use their shortcuts instead of clicking on, and their vehicule loadout has been done earlier in a safe spot.

You order a pizza or a car IRL. The retailer will charge you, then will start to produce your order. If you are unable to take delivery of your order, that's your own problem. You lost your cash and you'll have nothing in return.

Is it a "bug" ? Perhaps it is. If it's not, it makes sense. I don't think you can compare it to the redeploy bug which clearly sends you to random "wtf" aeras.
  11. Serialkillerwhale

You clearly haven't dealt with Sears.
  12. ColonelChingles

If infantry get safe spawning options inside indestructible and impenetrable spawn rooms, then vehicles should get the same treatment.

Either both infantry and vehicles get shielded spawners, or neither infantry nor vehicles get shielded spawners.

Let infantry try to change their loadouts out in the open with a single terminal and a timed queue... and they may start to figure out why vehicle spanwers are unfairly vulnerable. :p
    • Up x 1
  13. Shadowomega

Now I would be all for a suit slot that reduces head shot damage, not just from bolt actions.
  14. customer548

You really want to compare the resists, the speed, the firepower and potential threat of any random infantry soldier to any tank or Harasser ones ?
    Are we playing World of Tanks or any massive Infantry game with a few vehicules in it ?
    Just go to a previous base to spawn a vehicule in a safe spot. Large bases/towers are made for that purpose.
  15. Agarthan

If the nanites have been spent the game should just spawn the vehicle and eject it out like it already does even if a player is killed.
  16. Pelojian

until a vehicle is pulled that potential vehicle user is still just an infantryman. is it really that much to ask that someone pulling a vehicle can do so safely just like someone pulling a max?

bases that have a vehicle terminal inside the spawn room or cover are too few.
  17. customer548

Sorry, but i really hope that Devs will spend their time on anything of more importance than modifying 80% of the bases of the game for a few guys who decided that they REALLY had to click in a safe way on all the damn vehicule terminals right in the middle of all the fights of Auraxis.
    If a real bug is involved, let's hope that they'll fix it.
  18. Ianneman

You are dead wrong. Sometimes you NEED to pull a tank or a sundy on the frontline REAL QUICK to have an impact on an ongoing battle. Even if you manage to buy it QUICKLY enough for the purchase to happen, you WON'T get your tank if you're killed in that instant. If you're buying an MBT, well, you're ******, can't buy another one.

The fact that YOU don't use tanks at all doesn't make this any less real of a bug.
  19. FateJH

He didn't say that purchasing a vehicle on the front lines should be impossible. Only that it is dangerous. You have to explain why this risk should not exist.

As to the nanites thing, I've lost my fair share of resources to the timing as well; but, I view this the same as not checking in front of the Vehicle Pad before trying to spawn something and discovering Tank Mines the hard way. I took a risk, was not careful enough, and paid the price for a hasty bout of negligence.
    • Up x 1
  20. customer548

"You are dead wrong."