Is this a hack or bug?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dunkmaster, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Dunkmaster

Watch under the pipe when I first peak out. It happens pretty fast. The video plays back once again in slow motion and then again focused on the point of interest. The guy also seems to land all head shots at all ranges without bursting at all. Has been doing it for weeks now.

Is he just really really good and that is some kind of bug or is he also movement hacking right before he sees me and start shooting me? If you watch the mini map the radar thingy right next to me doesn't see him until he lands from his 'flying'.

• Up x 1
  2. ChUnKiFieR

I would call this a hack all-day-long! Looks like aimbot for sure with a possible movement hack. But hey, don't you know there's no such thing as hacking in Planetside? You must be new to these forums. Any minute now a troll will come in here with some b.s. explanation finishing it off with a "git gud" like all the children say today. Sorry for your gameplay but don't take it personally. You see they have to cheat. It's the only way they can feel good about themselves while people like you actually earn that good feeling. Its' like drugs for the criminally stupid to them. Stay honest and let it slide off your honorable backside.
    • Up x 6
  3. FateJH

I don't see anything too out of the ordinary. A lot of what you are probably trying to convey, even the guy's dropping down behind the pipe, was potentially lost in Youtube compression, if not the network.

Note that he started firing at you before you started firing at him. You can tell because his tracers begin rendering to you just before you open fire on him and, while that may qualify as "simultaneously" for you, for him you were slow on the draw.

What class was he and what weapon was he using?
    • Up x 2
  4. Dunkmaster

I take it you didn't see him flying through the air at a high rate of speed before that.
  5. FateJH

I see a jump that didn't render the entire way. I've been shot by an enemy that wasn't facing me until I saw him while falling down dead. I've seen someone running forward, but in movement was moonwalking really slowly. I've had a squadmate question whether I was ever going to stop shooting and reload my gun, even though I wasn't firing a single bullet. If you want to accuse him of soaring through the air at super-player speeds, you'll need better video than this. Players spontaneously appearing at a range or jerking between points do not surprise me. Even as far as the minimap is concerned, the first time he is spotted, he's moving at a normal pace.

I hope you reported him and are willing to let a higher authority than the forums judge his account.
  6. cobaltlightning

From the video, I'm gonna go with option C and say 'Lag' Or perhaps C.a, 'Lag Compensation.'

Even if you have the superest duper of internets speeds or connected into the server itself via a 5-foot cord, even the best of connections have slight hiccups now and then.
  7. ChUnKiFieR

What did I tell you! See my previous reply and don't say that I didn't warn you. My suggestion is never come to these forums again and hope for a fair hearing. You'll never get one. No matter how much proof you have. Good luck my friend.
  8. Goretzu

I've seen a lot of this recently, people flickering around dispite my connection being fine and most people not doing it.

Whether its a server issue (it could possibly be due to those flaming halloween masks as well) or a new hack it is hard to say,

They don't do anything with reports no matter what they may claim - unless it is a blatent hacker killing 100s and 100 people report them. Everything else is purely placebo.
    • Up x 1
  9. haldolium

His movement does look suspicious, since he has an unusual animation playing while flying (usually when this occurs movement animations are not played) but recently the servers are so horrible again that it easily could be a bug as well. He seems to be legit judging from his K/D, but it's really impossible to tell just from the video given the bugs PS2 frequently provides...

https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428366106646457745/stats
  10. FateJH

That's because it doesn't have to be your connection that's the cause. If his connection is not stellar, not only will his animations look jerky on your screen to some degree, but your movements on his screen are also compromised. Consequentially, you may also be missing some of the finer movements by people who have better connections to the server than you.
    We're certainly not accomplishing much by posting about specific cases here on the forums either.
    Letting off steam, I guess.
  11. Goretzu

It's not just a bit jerky they are popping around the map like.... well the only time I've seen something similar is with genuine blatent speedhackers..... just it seems to be far too many of them for it to be that (in one fight last night at least 3 were doing it at the same base).

Yeah I doubt if posting here does much either.
  12. Shiaari

I can't really make out any of the details you're talking about. The quality is too low.

Based on what I can see, however, I'm concluding it's a latency issue. Remember, this game is processed on the client side, so if his kill signal got to the server first, you're dead, and if that message of your death arrived at your computer late for any reason... it's going to look just like that.

I can't see him flying around or warping, but even warping could be explained in terms of latency.

We need more data.
  13. Shanther

Looks like lag and or lag related things.
  14. Nabil1998

This guy does not hack :p I've gone up against him a number of times and won, but died also ;P If this is the guy that killed OP, then it's just Clientside 2 :p
  15. CMDante

I've seen a bunch of people randomly disappearing. And I don't mean stuttering a meter or so to the side, I mean straight-up GONE in the middle of a firefight. Also getting it a lot when I'm trying to get missile lock, this harasser I was shooting at earlier was teleporting 20-30 meters to a side, always when I was almost locked.
  16. Dunkmaster

17. Dunkmaster

• Up x 1
  18. Dunkmaster

i guess this game doesn't have any cheat protection
  19. Dunkmaster

Hopefully the patch breaks these hacks for at least a short time. Wonder when DBG will actually do anything about them?
  20. Goretzu

Does anyone that play H1Z1 know if hacking there is still as bad as it was? I'm just wondering if that's where the could be coming from as H1Z1 hacks should be modifiable for PS2.