[Guide] Nanite Of The Dead (Pumpkin Event)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nanite Systems, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Nanite Systems

Hello! Thank you for choosing to read about our latest event which we have named Nanite of the Living Dead. Before we begin on this field manual, Allow me to explain how this event hosted by Nanite Systems came to be!

------------------------------------------------------------ Nanite Of The Living Dead --------------------------------

As we all know (due to the stellar teachings of our patent-pending POD educational system, used in schools all across the Auraxis colonies!), the Space Pumpkin is an amazing fruit, genetically modified by talented grad students at the accredited Nanotech University Online. This wonderfruit has literally dozens of proven medical and scientific uses that are beneficial for most humans. Unfortunately due to a recent class-action lawsuit, we are currently unable to discuss these uses, but boy oh boy are they great!

“That sure sounds super interesting, but what does it have to do with me?” you may find yourself asking.

Good question, talented and intelligent soldier! Due to a recent “mix-up”, some of our latest samples were shipped down to the surface of Auraxis instead of the testing facility that they were intended for, because Helen in Order Processing can’t seem to separate her personal life from her job long enough to get her assignments sorted.

Unfortunately due to the Space Pumpkin’s super-fast growth hormone, the samples have already taken root and are now growing on Auraxis. That’s no good for us or our court-ordered suspension of distribution, so we need you, the soldiers of Auraxis, to help us out!

It’s simple, really. Find a Space Pumpkin, destroy it, and bring the seeds (SPS) to a designated SPS-drop off zone, and you’ll get a reward!

Isn’t science amazing?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We at Nanite Systems have made a mistake and need you to destroy any Pumpkins you find on the grounds of all four major continents: Hossin, Indar, Esamir, and Amerish. Destroying these pumpkins will automatically collect the seeds it drops to add them to a running total that can be seen at the top of your HUD (Figure 1.2).

A rumor has been spreading that a few soldiers have found some especially rare pumpkins that have mutated faster than the normal pumpkins. While we at Nanite Systems have no data to prove this, we strongly encourage any soldier who finds such a pumpkin to destroy it immediately before any further mutation can occur. Our Scientists say that if such a pumpkin does exist, it will most assuredly give a larger amount of pumpkin seeds than the normal pumpkins.

Collected seeds can then be turned in to any weapons terminal to purchase special cosmetic helmets and weapons that can be used throughout the duration of the Nanite of the Living Dead event. Some of these cosmetic items will give an Experience bonus towards earning Certifications. Please keep in mind that Cosmetic Items that grant an experience bonus can only be used on the Nanite of the Living Dead Event. These items will be kept, But unusable outside of the event.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Standard Information:
    Pumpkins cannot be detected by IR/Heat vision systems as seen in figure 1.0 and figure 1.1.

Pumpkins will give an average of 4-8 seeds (Estimated Numbers) per kill, This can be seen in figure 1.3. It is unknown how many seeds a mutated pumpkin will grant, But scientists are estimating it to be around 15-20. Any soldier able to confirm this is encouraged to share their findings.

Pumpkin Seeds can be turned in at any Infantry Terminal for cosmetic items and weapons. Again, We at Nanite Systems would like to stress the point that any cosmetic item that grants an experience bonus can only be used during the Nanite of the Living Dead Event. You will keep the item, But it will be locked until the next years event. Any event weapons that are unlocked can be used throughout the entire year, Regardless if the event is currently active.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Disclaimers and Warnings:

We at Nanite Systems assume no responsibility for any harm or death that may be caused from soldiers attempting to eat the pumpkins. Under no circumstances should you attempt to ingest any part of the pumpkins.

We must also warn that a few soldiers have been known to attack friendly targets over pumpkins destruction. You are warned that Nanite Systems does not condone such behavior and punishment will be handled by your factions command. We assure you, There are more than enough pumpkins to go around for everyone, Please refrain from killing allies in an attempt to steal a pumpkin they are going after.

Feel free to add on to this guide and post any additional information or pictures you may have.
    • Up x 5
  2. HadesR

Last year they did an alert event where you received seeds at the end of it . Not sure if that's being added again this year ..
  3. Foxirus

So far I have not seen any alert regarding the pumpkin event.. I hope they just forgot to turn them on and have not done away with them all together :<
  4. Campagne

I actually found one of the rare pumpkins a short while ago.

It had a face like a jack-o-lantern, which I don't think I've seen on other space pumpkins before. When I killed it, I got 31 pumpkin seeds, so it seems the scientists' estimations are lower than the actual values.
  5. CMDante

I wish the pumpkins showed up on thermal scopes. Hunting them is like pulling teeth.

Side note; do they respawn periodically? I'd assume so as they don't seem to be based on alerts anymore.
  6. Vaphell

they are always there, but yesteryear alerts put more on the map and accelerated their respawn rate.
    • Up x 1
  7. Xeta

Question: Why is everything ridiculously expensive with the pumpkin seeds compared to last year? We just trying to poop on new players or what? Skulls used to be like 300, now they are 2500. What gives?
    • Up x 3
  8. Ostdarva

Why is it so difficult to find pumpkins?
  9. Nanite Systems

One of our scientists stationed with the Vanu (Who requested to remain anonymous) on the ground was able to locate one of the mutated Pumpkins.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  10. Kirek

Alright, i was playing during the haloween event last year and i just do not remember masks required for one of directives priced at 2000 seeds... and cheapest bandanas for 750? That is like 200-250 pumpkins to get one mask. Someone went crazy during this year?
  11. Pelojian

or whoever came up with the prices wasn't part of dev team last year or management told them to up the seed prices. the prices as-is are incredibly stupid and grindy. last year's prices were much cheaper and made most of the masks obtainable by the masses.

750 is far too steep considering last year they were far, far cheaper and getting the directives up wasn't hard just time consuming holiday events should not be a monumental grind which discourages many people from even trying in the first place.

everyone should be able to get involved to a degree at the very least and get a few cheap masks like last year.
  12. xSalt

Lower the prices on the event masks. Last year the cheapo bandanas were 15 seeds, this year they are 700... ive killed 100 pumpkins and cant afford the cheapest one....

It really is absurd, I thought the event was supposed to be fun and not an everquest like grind.
  13. FieldMarshall

Been driving around in a Flash for almost 2 hours. Cant even find 1 pumpkin.
    Last halloween event was the same, so i just ignored it because it completely ruined my PS2 fun.
    Then they had a pretty good winter event, that wasent as grindy and frustrating to complete, and was quite fun.
    I figured they learned from their mistakes during the halloween event, but seeing the same crap again this year i guess they didnt.
    I guess last years winter event was just "randomly" good. Not because they learned from past mistakes, but because no reason at all.
    • Up x 1
  14. Vaphell

Esamir + ESF and you swim in them. Flash is ok to but air covers magnitude more terrain.
  15. Iridar51

Same here. I vaguely remember seeing one pumpkin last helloween, and about 5 snowmen last winter. THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE EVENT.
    I just don't get it. Why bother spending developer resources on the event with spawning pumpkins, and then tune down spawn rate and spawn locations to absurd levels. I bet there's fewer people who killed more than 10 pumpkins than people who own NS Auto Blade. Which is about 50.
    • Up x 1
  16. JobiWan

I played for about 90 minutes on Esamir last night and found about 12 pumpkins without even trying, they were just dotted about.
  17. xSalt

The finding pumpkins is ok. Found about twenty in an hour yesterday with a harasser. It's the seed cost that's absurd. 700 seeds for the cheapest mask? Last year they were only 15....... Wake up DBG, tedious grindfests are for Everquest, not planetside.