Can't finish patch download.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Swampmolly, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Swampmolly

2. SencneS

I've been getting a similar error for the last couple of days :(

Unable to download SocketError:cc::HTTP::Receive got unexpected close during block read - http://pls.patch.station.sony.com/p...zs/9e/776/d6f6f240a9fb0827eee9efab69a570682b6

Updated File List

Checking game installation...
    Found 1 file(s) to update.
    Replacing Resources/Assets/Assets_229.pack
    *Warning: Retrying Resources/Assets/Assets_229.pack
    *Error: Unable to download SocketError:cc::HTTP::Receive got unexpected close during block read - http://pls.patch.station.sony.com/p...zs/9e/776/d6f6f240a9fb0827eee9efab69a570682b6

Yes... before anyone asks... I've disabled AV, and firewall, and even direct connected to the cable modem for the hell of it...
    See the error - "Received got unexpected close during block read - " meaning the remote server is blocking it for whatever the hell reason it wants. This is the only file I need and I've deleted it and it's tried to reload it.

Anyone can try to download the file by clicking on the URL, it should be about 40mb but it always stops at about 12mb.
  3. SencneS

Maybe we can do each other a favor - which file do you need? and I'll put it up somewhere, if you give me Assets_229 lol
  4. Swampmolly

If I'm reading it right I need 254 and possibly 255. I'd be happy send you 229.
  5. Swampmolly

Here's what I've got...

Checking game installation...
    Found 2 file(s) to update.
    Patching Resources/Assets/Assets_254.pack
    Creating PlanetSide2_x64.exe
    *Warning: Retrying Resources/Assets/Assets_254.pack
    *Error: Unable to download SocketError:cc::HTTP::Receive got unexpected close during block read - http://pls.patch.station.sony.com/patch/sha/planetside2/planetside2.sha.zs/3b/ae2/577930eab03f0406c
  6. SencneS

Check your messages on the forum. :)
  7. darktoon2

Hey, I have the exact same problem with Assets_254
    Could you please send it :)
    Much appreciated

Thank you :)
  8. Swampmolly

Replied to you SencneS
  9. Tetsoul

Im getting the same error can some one tell me what i should do to fix it please. thank you for your time in responding cheers.
  10. darktoon2

go to the game folders and click on "downloadinfo" then scroll all the way down and see which asset is missing.
  11. darktoon2

Just figured it out, so see which asset isn't installing, then go to resources-assets and delete that file. then run the dashboard again and the game should run fine.
  12. user101

I have seen this happen a couple times in the past, Try deleting the files where it is causing the trouble by hand first, that way it is not a patch and just a missing file. Some times it can get stopped by a corrupted file that the launcher caused.
  13. Swampmolly

That totally worked perfect. I removed the file (in my case it was asset_254) and hit retry and it worked like a charm. Many thanks to Darktoon2 and user101 for the tip.
  14. Kangaroo0100

I'm having the same issue. I need 229.
  15. Tachyr

I tried deleting 229 and repatch, no dice. Tried deleting 255 and it patched just fine.
    So just need 229 as I am stuck at 99.7%
  16. Kangaroo0100

I have installed the patch linked to in the error code but it doesn't work. I'm stuck at 88.8%.
  17. Zanthar

What was mentioned in this thread fixed it for me.
    1. Open the Planetside UI
    2. Click on the Advanced Tools icon in the lower left
    3. Find the asset number that is the issue - mine was Assets_254
    4. Click on "Open Game Directory"
    5. Click on the "Resources" folder then the "Assets" folder
    6. For me, both 254 and 255 were present. I deleted both and then clicked "Install" to re-download
  18. Swampmolly

19. Hazendeuce

20. ArminMS

I dragged it into the assets folder, but the download still tries to make 229, what am I doing wrong?