RadarX will do a reddit Q/A tomorrow at 2 pm PT

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nayrx, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Nayrx

• Up x 1
  2. Scr1nRusher

You mean DBG is doing a QA tomorrow on the 2015 update.
  3. Yuki10

Ask him about when old bugs (like shooting through Biolab walls) will be addressed:

- yes, since the game was launched everyone was asking about more details about everything, primarily bug fixes.

- weird, it's not X-mass on my calendar.

- how about old bugs being fixed before "later this year"?

• Up x 1
  4. Villanuk

Why Reddit and not then official forums??
    • Up x 8
  5. Utrooperx

Ha...was still getting killed with grenades through the Bio Lab Spawn Room doors just two days ago...and got killed in a outlying base while standing in front of the Weapon Terminal...in the Spawn Room...while a MAX...by a tanker spamming HE at the walls of the Spawn Room...
  6. SwornJupiter

Can appeal/reply to a larger audience. Also the UI on reddit is friendlier and easier to use.
  7. Villanuk

I think its harder to follow on reddit but if THEY interacted more on here, then THIS forum would have the bigger audience not reddit.
    • Up x 6
  8. FieldMarshall

If the reddit layout is the reason why they dont post on their own forums, why dont they just change their own forums's layout...
    Usually the excuse i hear for using reddit is that they dont like their own forums.
    Which is really weird, since they have the power to change and do whatever they want with their own forum.
    It would be like if Bill Gates used a Mac because he didnt like the Windows UI interface.

The other reason i hear is that its too toxic.
    So basically they are following the time tested SOE logic of just abandoning ship instead of dealing with problems and cleaning up.
    Neglecting problems and pretending they dont exist.
    • Up x 5
  9. Alan Kalane

BECAUSE anything daybreak announces on the official forums is...well...official. Anything they say on reddit is just lies wishful thinking as they may back off at any time and say it wasn't official.

Daybreak on reddit: "Hey guys, later this year we are gonnah do a complete game overhaul. We will fix all the bugs, implement all the stuff and generaly make the game awesome"
    Gullible people: "Hurray!"
    Daybreak on reddit several months later: *stupid excuses why it's not happening*
    • Up x 5
  10. ConradHorse

So 'friendly' that I don't have an account there to this day and when I see one post and 500 answers before scrolling to next post I think I'm going to vomit. It's got plain terrible and ugly to hell UI .

Which audience ? Gamers force official forum and devs force third party sites this is ridiculous and should result in mass dismissal. The PM should be dismissed long time ago for the way DBG works (we supposed to have ANT, instead we get some 'basic directives' and improvements to capture UI which reached distro with bugs regarding timer and screwed up other directives. Any normal PM would be fired for the lack of knowledge. And where is the producer?) What a serious company is supposed to use is their own official forum... because people look at the forum on the official website first.

Why use the website then? Let's move to Wikipedia, it's got better content handling....

The only thing positive about it is that they advertise (or I should say lobby) Reddit. Good for Reddit, bad for PS2
  11. Sulsa

12. Shanther

These forums don't work for a targeted QA. You can't respond to specific people.
  13. Diilicious

******* ^^^^^^^^^^

you just did you dingus.
    • Up x 2
  14. Villanuk

Like i just have now? ;)
  15. Shanther

Let me be more clear. While maintaining a clear flow of discussion. Forums like this do not do that.
  16. Rockit

gonna be a whole lot of "We can't answer that"
  17. Yuki10

This is laughable....

Who cares what they say - they are saying all these things with specific understanding that anything said not through official channels places no responsibility or obligation on them. It will be more of the same - it will be a in a massive september update, it will be a smaller separate update, it will be later this year, it won't happen this year, it won't happen at all, we shifted direction/no funds/no people/entire world sucks/blame Obama..
  18. Crator

The main issue I have with Reddit is you can't skip to newest posts or see which posts are new since you last visited the thread. Not a huge fan of the down-vote as well.
    • Up x 1
  19. Flag

That's what reddit gold is for.

If you're into that sort of thing.
  20. drstrange2014

Don't forget who this guy is: