Just tried Koltyr.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Okjoek, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Okjoek

The NC had all the bases until the TR took one, but that was about it. I made a new VS character to try and we couldn't push through the first base which was a bio lab of all things. cause, y'know new players should love trying to cap a bio lab.

It's not all bad though, since it's such a compact continent it's easy to find targets to shoot at and grind your first few certs/ BRs quickly.
  2. Okjoek

As a suggestion to make thing less linear I like the warpgates should connect to the second base it touches (they all touch two, but are only capable of capturing one of them.
  3. Pikachu

They disabled the day cycle. :L
    • Up x 1
  4. PWGuy93

Also just checked out Koltyr off Connery.
    First impressions:
    • This is going to be painful for new recruits trying to level as there's little to do or few to fight (at least now)
    • This is going to reduce the number of angry faction players jumping to the other faction to team kill. (see previous bullet pt)
    • Loved the vehicle terminals (Biolab) being outside all together on the flight deck vs down below for land vehicles
    • Continent is very very small. (see first bullet pt)
    • Nice that new recruits had first points already placed in class loadouts (various shields opened for infiltrator, et)
    • Might be interesting to have a toggle for XP to turn it off, so players could play lower leveled players without leveling out off the island. More head to head against the other player, more skill based approach vs a level BR16 playing against level 100's that have every loadout they want already purchased. If you want something closer to skills based play, this is where you could do it.
    • Would be interesting to use this "island" something akin to H1Z1 for placing griefer players. Put them in this type of limited sandbox during their "timeouts". If they want to cheat, do-it-here kind of play. Instead of a weapons lock, place their character on the world for infants and strip their points during their "time-out" until they re-level up as punishment. ;)
  5. PostalDude

That is a terrible idea, as someone who gets weapons-locked from people walking out in-front of me.
  6. Timithos

I thought anyone could skip the tutorial, so no benefit there against 4th factioners. Besides, do pre-existing <BR15's get thrown into Koltyr, or is it an option choice?
  7. PWGuy93

Dunno, yesterday it placed my new char on the new island, today it dropped a newly created char on Amerish