Bad framerate

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Hondaaa, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Hondaaa

hello there,

just got the game and what bothers me is the extremely bad framerate - i get about 20 when running and the gameplay is just horrid - what is interesting though is that when i go to windows -> back, the framerate gets to 60 fps for a few seconds (10-20, even when shooting) and then goes back to 15-20

my specs are:

CPU - Intel Core i7-4700HQ 4-Core 2.4 GHz (mobile)
    GPU - Nvidia GeForce GTX 770M - 3 GB
    RAM - 32 GB (4x8)

so above recommended

any ideas how to improve it?

*playing on high with shadows turned off
  2. PricelessBounty

if your playing on a laptop there are a number of games that will get low fps or fps drops from your gpu or cpu overheating, sometimes both.

First off, while in the game press "alt+F" and look below your radar (Sounds like you know how to do this). If you see (CPU) to the right of your framerate that means your CPU is acting as a bottle-neck, if it says (GPU) to the right of your framerate then your GPU is acting as a bottle-neck, either one of those things will reduce your fps and we can troubleshoot accordingly.

Secondly, determine if heat is or is not the issue, use speccy ( http://www.piriform.com/speccy ) to check your temps while in game. If it is a heat issue i have some suggestions, if it's not a heat issue I have a few more ideas.

Then let me know what you found out and we can continue.
  3. Hondaaa

solved it! it was all the dust in the laptop apparently, after i blew it through and through im getting steady 60 fps even in the biggest battles - so yeah it was overheating, now im getting 80c at max. stress, which is a lot less than before - 90+ - thank you
  4. PricelessBounty

yeah, i had a gaming laptop couple years back, it would get dusty and overheat and as it got older its overheating problems got worse until i opened it up and replaced the horribly placed factory thermal paste with my own, and started taking better care of it.

I suggest you put your own thermal paste (good thermal paste, not the ceramic **** that comes pre-installed or free with most gfx cards and processors) on your CPU and your GPU if possible. Routinely dust out the laptop and once a year replace the thermal paste, this will extend the lifespan of the hardware in the laptop.
  5. oli1909

6. Lord_Mogul

Thermal throttleing. Your CPU clocks itself down to protect overheating.
    Happens rarely on desktop systems but can be a common problem on laptops.

I read you solved it the best way possible -> cleaning out the dust....
    Do that on a regularely schedule and it will run fine in the future.
    (I suggest some annual cleaning even on desktop systems. It might not that crowded inside, but the dust sitzs there where it matters: on the fins of the coolers.