What would you all have done in this situation?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Schwarzpferd, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Schwarzpferd

Greetings all,

I have come to ask the community what I should of done in a recent fight today regarding a situation of anger, because a part of me feels I made the wrong decision.

First, a little back story. I have been playing and supporting ps2 since beta and played a lot of the origional...I have loved this game for years. Ever since I started ps2 though I have had an obsession with AA that knows no end, in particular with the skyguard. Though there is not always aircraft around so I still use skyguard with radar because it is great at killing infantry and with no splash damage there is less chance of hitting friendlies.

So today I had my radar skyguard near the point and was killing enemies that came near. Well one infiltrator ran around and I started to shot but managed to kill a friendly. I sent him a tell apologizing and that I was aiming for the enemy infiltrator. I saw enemy was killed and friendly medic picked up the friendly I hit and he didn't say anything so I thought all would be well. This was also my first tk in weeks. In short, I make a serious effort to be careful and not tk.

Once the base caps though I look around in third person to carefully manuver to ensure I don't hit a friendly. I then see a friendly heavy pull out his launcher and shoot me in the rear for some significant damage. I thought it was a mistake or possibly someone just having fun becasue, whatever base just capped and one rocket wont kill a tank. However, the guy jumps on top of my tank and sends me a private message, "Get out."

I then asked why, and he said that I was "killing friendlies and not doing anything useful and if I didn't get out he was going to blow up my tank."

Now according to the players site I had killed five enemies in my skygaurd that fight with only the one accidental friendly, so I wasn't sure why he made it sound like I was killing friendlies or not doing anything useful. Because with the radar I was getting people trying to flank us, and not to mention the people using my tank as cover from enemy fire.

Anyways, I saw that this guy had a low rank title and it set with me the wrong way to hear some low-level player tell me that I need to get out of my tank or he was going to kill me. In my defense I killed him first then redeployed and went to another continent and tried to explain to him that I knew what I was doing as well as trying to explain to him about how using radar on a tank near a point is a good idea.

There lies the what would you all have done question.... Seriously I don't want to kill my fellow Vanu being as I am hardcore vanu and have been for years. In fact my tr character only kills nc, and does not have a single VS kill. I didn't want to kill a friendly, but being told, "Get out or die" triggers that fight or flight response.

This also raises some other questions...I would like to know what is the general opinion you all have of friendly skyguards? Is dedicated AA something you like to have around? Again, AA, especially skyguard is my obsession... It started mainly because I got tired of seeing good vanu killed by mossies and reavers with rocket pods. I have almost no fans amoung the NC pilots and certainly not amoung the TR or the 382 Airborne outfit, but it is one thing for them to think I need to get a life, but for friendlies....

In short, what would you all have done with being threatened like that by a "friendly"? Also is a friendly skyguard something people want to see anymore? That is a serious question because I know back when game launched AA was very welcomed because not many had AA, but now that, as some have said, "Everyone and their mothers has AA launchers" is vehicle-based AA still wanted?

Thank you in advance to everyone that took the time to read this and give a mature response.
  2. Liewec123

kids will be kids,
    honestly they should get a small several hour temp ban for deliberate revenge killing when you've killed them by accident.
    nothing serious, but some time to think about what a ****** they are. (really DBG, censoring Dóuche?)
    i've had people follow me to another base just to C4 my vehicle if i've accidentally roadkilled them.
    whats worse is i always apologise too, so they've ignored my apology and decided to act like a tantrum child anyway.
    • Up x 1
  3. Schwarzpferd

Good point but what confuses me is, again, the guy that threatened me was not the one I accidentally killed. I can see and understand rage from somone I actually killed, but this has me confused.
  4. Liewec123

ah true, might just be an angry guy :p
  5. ZDarkShadowsZ

A friend I play with accidentally TK'd someone once which resulted in him and who I can only assume to be their friend switch to medic, then TK my friend, revive him, TK him, revive him all because of an accidental TK.

Another time my friend was a Heavy and shot his rocket, just as he did a friendly MAX walked in front of his line of fire killing the MAX instantly. My friend apologised via Tell and got an absolutely unnecessary response calling him blind and all sorts of other things.

In the past I saw one guy mention that he got weapons locked and wanted to know how long it lasted. Turned out a newbie made a genuine mistake and accidentally TK'd him, which resulted in the guy going ape crazy (due to newbie TK stigma and all that) and started TK knifing the newbie until the guy ended up with weapons lock.

I've accidentally TK'd someone in my Lightning, spammed V8 to apologise but this clearly wasn't enough when the guy switched to Light Assault and charged at me holding their C4 with the intention of blowing me up. In the end I retaliated by TKing them on purpose and sent them a tell explaining that I already apologised by spamming the Sorry VO and that they should pay more attention. Thankfully the guy left me alone after.

I've been shooting at a target when a friendly Infiltrator will cloak sprint through my line of fire which naturally resulted in the guy getting shot by me. After he ran back as his shields were taken down, they recharged and did the same again, ran right through my fire and got shot up by me again. The guy didn't consider the fact that HE was running in front of ME and so retaliated by shooting me until near death, which resulted in my death by enemy fire.

I could go on and on about the various TK and FF situations but some people are too stupid to understand that TK's DO happen by accident whether it be by veteran players or by newbies. People are so busy interested in their kills they don't think about the other person and how their actions will affect those around them.

I can't really explain why that guy decided to be an a-hole to you. All I know is that some people are idiots who don't consider simple factors or another person's point of view. All this guy clearly thought of was what you TK'd someone (who may have been his friend, who knows?) and thought it was on purpose without considering your story beforehand.

I know personally that when this kind of thing happens, it's not always easy to move on from, but it is possible. Think of this as being a new experience and one where, at least in my personal opinion, you dealt with very well. :)
    • Up x 1
  6. Mythologicus

People tend to see vehicles inside of bases and assume that they're mowing down friendlies left and right. For the most part, they are.

That doesn't mean the guy is in the position to make that demand of you, though...
  7. OldMaster80

I would have swapped to c75 viper and kicked his *** until I got a weapon lock, sending him a tell every single time.
  8. FlR3

I agree as it seems to be getting worse. In a battle yesterday on Emerald my AV turret was taking damage and then I was hit so I jumped away from it and turned around to fight off who was hitting me because I didn't see anyone within the field of view on the turret that was firing at me. When I turned around I was surprised to see and Vanu engineer which I was myself. He shot me again and I asked what was his problem. He started shooting my AV turret again and I told him to stop but he kept shooting at the turret and started on me again so I opened fire and took him out. I noticed what outfit he was in and have run with those guys many times but here lately I have seen a few turning on their own C4ing whole squads or their own tanks during battle.

I know some of it is the are playing a different faction and get killed a few times so they then switch to your faction, come back, find you and start team killing so the other faction can move forward.
  9. Bearded Wall

Kill him, then kill him again, then have everyone in your platoon kill him until he leaves.

Why feel bad? Thousands die every day to teamkilling. If hes a dick kill him on purpose.
  10. Demigan

The guy asks you to get out or he'll kill you. There is no reason why you wouldn't TK less people outside of the vehicle so what he's actually saying it "you are too tough a target to kill in a vehicle, I want you to get out so I can TK you easily"

Whenever I meet someone like that, I'll either drive away or happily kill them. No one who shoots me when there's no enemies around gets to live unless they have an explanation. Even when they TK someone else I'll happily shoot them in return and move on. I'll make sure they weren't retaliating for a TK first though.
  11. TheMish

Shot him in the skull every time I saw him with a tank cannon. Make him humble.
  12. Campagne

I think you were right to do what you did.

He fired on you without provocation, threatened to kill you and your tank, and ordered you to get out.

Maybe you could have just told him to go **** himself and just went somewhere else, but I don't think that would have helped the situation any.

As for AA, the more the merrier. AA lock-ons take two-three rockets to kill a single ESF. There are many times when I wished I had a friendly Skyguard around.
  13. GhostAvatar

Generally I don't care if I get TK'ed, except under two conditions. Firstly multiple TK's from the same person, especially if it isn't intentional. Seriously, these guys are more of a hindrance than a help and can be more detrimental than the enemy. They are better off being put in the ground just like the enemy. Secondly, people who intentionally TK when resource cost is involved (especially when doing the unthankful job of AA duty).
  14. patoman

Never know who you will encounter. I wouldn't realy think about it
  15. ferlinco

Since u had tell him u r sorry and not accepted, too bad. Rocket ur tank and ask you to come out or die = i will toast him with skyguard again again n again. Tk is part of the game, if he cannot accept this fact he can jolly well stop playing.
  16. Leivve

Well I would have done something like this:

"There's just one problem with your logic."

"Get out."

Boom

"I hit a lot harder then you do punk."
  17. Villanuk

Team killing happens in the game. Sometimes its just a mistake, sometimes is just from stupidity. If its the later i do not apologies and if i get a comment back i explain to them when i shooting and they run if front, their is little i can do to prevent their death.

Very seldom do i have what happened to you, so its a case of this guy is just an idiot who has not been playing long. I try and explain that its happens and not to take it personally and accept its part and parcel of the game. The times they have tried to kill me then i take no mercy and kill them. I will message them and say leave or we will just both be wasting our time instead of enjoying out time.

I think you just have to accept their are people like that and you cant help that they are just stupid.
  18. FieldMarshall

Something similar happened to me. Got hit in the back by someone with a PA shotgun. I stop, turn around and find him ADSing my face.
    Stood still for a few seconds before i unloaded my whole mag into his face.
    After that, i wondered if i made the right call. Then i looked up his killboard and he had just teamkilled over 10 friendlies in a row.

So in your situation, i totally would have killed the friendly who threatened/attacked you.
    I would also have sent him a tell explaining how useful you were that fight, and how dumb he was for thinking you were useless.
    Also went to his players page and if he did less than you that fight, taunted him with it. Then put him on ignore.
  19. CorporationUSA

First off, just TK the idiots. There are no repercussions for a TK here and there, so if someone threatens you, just kill them and move on. It's not a big deal.

Secondly, the bit about not killing VS with your TR is stupid. Seriously, just play the game and stop caring about such nonsense.

Lastly, I don't think anyone really cares whether or not you pull AA. Just play the game however you want to play it. But I will say that if people are getting farmed by rocketpods, they probably aren't as good as you think they are. The good players take care of it really quick with a dumbfire. You're protecting clueless players, since the good ones don't need a skyguard to protect them from rocketpods. As someone who flies most of the time, I can recognize the difference in skill and experience between the players who see an ESF roflpodding and pulls a heavy with a decimator, vs the players who pulls a burster max.
  20. St0mpy

Dont worry this isnt uncommon. What you did was an accident and TKing even tho hes had an apology is a deliberate act of assholery, at that point hes making it a personal vendetta between you and him so dont lose any sleep over killing these people, they dont have your factions best interests at heart.

Whats worse is how he expected to control you, ordering you to jump at his command? lol what a dbag, for that I woulda jumped out, sucker headshotted and tbagged him for being a bullying swine.