Question to the VS community

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ballto21, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Shadowomega

^_- ok I'll bite, who then?
  2. Ronin Oni

Striker is not OP

It's not UP either.

It offers TR a distinct advantage just like VS and NC each get their own unique advantages.

NC gets to deny armor the protection of cover within 250m of any safe out of LoS spot

VS get to threaten enemy armor anywhere in LoS

TR get to have actually reliable and functional AA without a resource cost (My biggest reason for not pulling AA is getting stuck with a resource cost for something that isn't ultimately long term viable... and I'm not a big MAX user). The Striker is also better at engaging armor at range than anything else in the TR HA aresenal, but certainly NOT to the effect of the Lancer.

The ESRL's are one of the very VERY few ES differences remaining and I wish people would stop ******** about them. (I'd give Phoenix an Afterburner ability though, same range restriction because it's an engine loading issue, as well as fix it colliding with vehicle occupied by firer to make it usable from Rumble Seats)
  3. nehylen

I tend to be a stats geek with my favourite games, and as i know the numbers, it irritates me to see that Flare & Ursa have worse horizontal recoil per shot than all other 167 LMGs for zero reason at all. The same as it irritates me to see the Zenith with 723rpm instead of 750 for no reason, or the Cycler TRV with larger hipfire CoF than it should, etc...

I did enjoy auraxing the Ursa though, while i completely skipped the Flare: for some reason the latter just didn't work for me, while the Ursa was pretty decent all things considered, despite being nerfed by design (i'm not complaining about the 550rpm at all: that's fine by me).
    The Flare is an inferior EM6/TMG-50, and when you compare the Flare to a GD-22s, only mag-size gives it an edge.
  4. Ballto21

basically the same thing but the only way it could speak was in various tones of saying "pew"

of course i could understand this pew language
  5. Shadowomega

Ok, that is kind of weird Ballto. You need to see someone about this love affair with the beamer.
  6. Metal Insomniac

Finally, someone gets it. Factions simply should NOT have mirror balancing. It ruins the authenticity and diversity of the factions.
  7. Plastikfrosch

nope, its a straight gauss saw s copy (like the tmg 50 --> but the tmg is the only one out of this 3 that cant use extended magazines)
  8. Plastikfrosch

believe me, i enjoyed the Flare much more while auraxiumizing it than the orion BUT you are right, since i have the battlegoose on aurax i only pull HA when there is a hard need for it but then im going to take the BG with me. not because of 0,75ads but because of the heat mechanic. same reason why i take my eclipse for the LA (ok if i know it will be cqc i will go for the serpent or a smg) --> i dont have to fear to run out of ammo (and since engys arent to present on mountains and rooftops, the la suffers the most from low ammo).
  9. Plastikfrosch

noone said they are dumb, but being smart and being a TKing soziopath can go hand in hand and nc IS the TK faction on cobalt and miller.
    And while playing NC i will find myself using the cyclone on non infilclasses (especially with ha) relatively often since its a verry good cqc weapon with a high mid range potential and it makes it a lot easyer to go against MSW-r and Orion HAs. As LA i will still prefer the bandit for CQC fights.
  10. Nogrim313

well we already get the Orion for free, why waste 1000 certs when you get the most OP gun ever created, i mean at least that is what the forums keep telling me, why waste the certs to be disappointed with a worse than default option?
  11. iSpank

Godsaw is absolute killing machine in all ranges if you can land few shots on head. i would be more than happy if they replace NC Godsaw with VS Orion lol.
  12. Zombo

the flare was my first gun to Auraxium

aso my favorite gun in the VS LMG arsenal
  13. Flag

Nope, it's got wore horizontal recoil than the SAW-S (which in return has a minimally harder vertical kick). Flare also has a worse 1st shot recoil for -some- reason.

Making it a worse SAW-S.
  14. Plastikfrosch

thats the vanu trait. we get it for the (worthless) no bullet drop thing. it goes also hand in hand with lower muzzle velocitys and faster damage drop off. wow, im so lucky do have no bulletdrop.
  15. Taemien

Stats prove that VS is the TKing 'sociopath' faction. With an average of 13 (if memory serves.. say the stats the other day) more TK's per person. NC has a population advantage, and the funny thing is, they do have the most TK's because of that.. but only slightly higher than VS. Populations of 17k and 14k. But the VS has much much higher TK per person.

Bandit is one of my guilty pleasures. I broke that out the other day and managed a 7 KDR (no freaking clue how that happened TBH.. that was good session, ended with a 3KDR but.. damn.. going 28 kills and 4 deaths at the beginning was pretty sweet on an engie). Though admittedly I my spitfire got some of those kills (thought they were supposed to be bad.. worked great for me).
  16. Flag

Like hell it is.
    It's just worse for the sake of being worse.
  17. Mxiter

It wasn't a straight faster drop off since the damage degradation was different (it begun closer but was smoother if i remember well).

But this have been removed and adjusted to TR/NC/NS levels since 2 years now.
  18. Flag

It started around the same spot, but went slower and further both in distance and in how far it degraded.
    • Up x 1
  19. Erendil

The Flare and Ursa aren't bad weapons on their own. They're just worse copies of NC/TR equivalents.

Here are the stats for all 167-damage LMGs:

https://docs.google.com/a/efsllc.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AuOojvNLMApVdEtIU1NKenEzNzZOSWNaanFqSUVxLWc&type=view&gid=92&f=true&colid0=2&filterstr0=LMG&colid1=3&filterstr1=167 @ 10m&sortcolid=1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250

The Flare

If you compare them all, the Flare has:
    • The 2nd worst short and long reloads (tied w/ the TMG-50)
    • The 2nd worst vertical recoil
    • The worst horizontal recoil
    • The worst horizontal tolerance
    • The 2nd worst recoil recovery (shared w/ the Ursa, Anchor, and SAW S)
    • The 2nd worst FSRM
    • The 2nd worst muzzle velocity (tied w/ the Anchor)
    Here's another way to look at it, by comparing it to the closest NC and TR equivalent (SAW S and TMG-50):
    Reload: SAW S > TMG-50 = Flare
    Vertical Recoil: Flare > SAW S = TMG-50
    Horizontal recoil: SAW S = TMG-50 > Flare
    Horizontal Tolerance: SAW S > TMG-50 > Flare
    Recoil Recovery: TMG-50 > SAW S = Flare
    FSRM: TMG-50 > SAW S > Flare
    Muzzle Velocity: SAW S > TMG-50 > Flare

The Flare is hands down the worst of the bunch. No contest. It's only good point is the combo of SPA + ext mags. But then, the SAW S has those things too, and ties or beats it on almost every single one of the above-mentioned stats.

It needs some serious love. I'd say either increase its ROF to 600, or buff its Horizontal Tolerance and FSRM to make it less accurate but more precise/consistent than the SAW S.

The Ursa

This weapon is actually in a bit better shape. It has:

• +1 The lowest vertical recoil
    • +1 The 2nd lowest Horizontal Tolerance
    • +1 the lowest FSRM (tied w/ the GD-22S)
    • +1 the highest muzzle velocity
    • -1 The 2nd worst horizontal Recoil
    • -1 the Lowest ROF, and thus DPS and TTK
    So it's sort of a mixed bag. It's one of the better long range LMGs in terms of accuracy. It's problem is really 1) it's not that much more accurate than the other 167 LMGs but is significantly worse at close range, and 2) the Eidolon exists, which has superior long range ability.
    So there really aren't many situations where it is a better option than either the Flare or Eidolon.
    • Up x 1
  20. Collin

We get it VS its either the best weapon of them all or you wont use it.

If you would have played TR you should started to train with your knife :)