Question to the VS community

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ballto21, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Scr1nRusher

This is a game where infantry has no momentum/acceleration/deceleration & the netcode is problematic.

0.75 ADS doesn't "work" because of how the game is designed since it amplifies the problems when it comes to infantry movement & netcode.
    • Up x 1
  2. Ballto21

then isnt it more a problem with **** netcode than the mechanic itself?

i mean if you fixed the netcode thatd fix the issue better
  3. Taemien

Because they'd rather use their LMG/Carbine/SMG hybrid.

Question is.. why doesn't NC use the Cyclone? Its faster TTK than the Orion and you don't even need to ADS it.

1.0 Hipfire > .75 ADS
  4. Flag

They do.
    A lot.
    • Up x 2
  5. Scr1nRusher

Which is quicker to do?

Change a value in a table for a few weapons

Or

Work on fixing the netcode in a aging game

?
  6. Jubikus

It would be easier to do nothing.
    • Up x 1
  7. Taemien

I'd have to agree with Ballto on this one. You don't nerf things because of bugs. You fix the bugs. Or do nothing.

Personally I'd fix the tickrate so that it updates quicker than the fastest firing weapon. Course I'm sure the 25% NC winrate and 40% VS winrate would flip flop in a month. Or we might see burst weapons get popular... Who knows? It'd be bizarre compared to now, that's for sure.
  8. Akashar

Well I had to auraxium both to get the betelgeuse, and I can't say I was unhappy. I did not check the stats, apart from rof and damage. I can't help you here, but I think the problem is not the flare or the ursa, it's the orion. While not op, why would you go from a free, easy and efficient killing machine to something harder to use, that you have to pay? The question can't be asked for NC because the gauss saw is hardcore for beginners, so they feel the need to change much much sooner. As for me, I've never been this much over the orion, of all the lmg I got it's the less used one.
  9. Obscura

I like the ursa, i've got around 1500 kills with it, but most engagements are better served by the SVA-88(my #1 weapon) for it's versatility imo
  10. Ronin Oni

My threads and feeds have improved immensely since putting him on ignore :D

It's liked he's wiped clean from forumside, the only reason I know he was here at all was you named him :p
  11. Plastikfrosch

your first suggestion is right: the bandit is the NC 0,75ads carbine

and when it comes to flare and ursa: i really liked to bring the flare to auraxium and the only gun i prefered over the flare was the NS15M (i played the 1 and 2) since its even more accurate. But to be honest, i prefer infiltrator and LA over HA so, since i have the BG on aurax i only play HA when there isnt really another option and then i will take the BG simply because of the heat mechanic like i take the eclipse over the NS11c or Pulsar C for my LA simply because of the HM.
    When it comes to the Ursa: its simpyl to situational for me. the NS 15m is an allrounder and still outperforms the ursa in its indened mid and long range role.
  12. Plastikfrosch

oh, i see a lot of cyclone HAs and LAs on NC side while i nearly never see anything else but infils on TR and Vs side using the ES SMGs only the NS smgs will be found for non Infil classes.
  13. Mxiter

Just like SOE fixed the old striker that went trough obstacles and ignored flares by fixing the code?
    • Up x 2
  14. iSpank

Overall Flare is decent LMG with shacky recoil, TR and NC variants are better imo.

Ursa is a waste, it looks good though
  15. LtBomber1

Can only speak for the Flare:
    I liked it more when the stats were better, now it is just inferior. Burst mode dosnt get the aim buff from burst rifle variants, and with the high first shot multiplier you are better off burstung up to 7 shots manual in full-auto, before the bloom kicks in realy bad. Low Rof is also a point, most engagements are in cqc/close-mid. Hipfire is like a shell-by-shell-pumpgun, you wont hit anything. Single shot is a worse battlerifle. All in all, no reason to use unless you want to put yourself in a bad spot, or are realy good at ads+headshots, since it can be a 3shot kill up to 15m...
  16. Ballto21

wait what someone agrees with me in a discussion on gun balance
  17. Eternaloptimist

I've rarely seen anyone talk much about the Flare or the Ursa.....and even less about the Polaris although it has very decent mid/long range accuracy and is (in my book) the most versatile and consistent VS LMG for fighting at all ranges. Ursa is the only VS LMG I haven't tried, mainly because my aim is indifferent and I prefer a higher RoF than the Ursa can offer to compensate for it.
  18. Plastikfrosch

Ballto: " dear diary, someone agreed with me......"
  19. Isokon

Well, the alternative was to agree with Scr1nRusher...
    • Up x 1
  20. Flag

The harsh truth is that compared to the Orion/SVA-88, and NC/TR gear the rest of the VS LMG selection is lacklustre at best.