[Suggestion] Repair "hit" markers

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by xSalt, Sep 15, 2015.

1. xSalt

so, we are all familiar with the flashing red indicators that inform you are taking damage and roughly what direction said damage is coming from.

As an engineer main, I get backed over by friendlies a lot while repairing them. Not that I'm blaming them, it happens. But, if they had a flashing green indicator informing them that not only were they being repaired (there are already indicators for that) but what direction the repairs were coming from, i.e. behind/side/front it might avoid some potential grief.

Anyways, just an idea.
    • Up x 1
  2. Diilicious

id just prefer if the repair tools range was doubled, or tripled.
  3. sIcGER

what if an engie could boost another engies repair tool by using his own tool. the boosted tool gets +50% rep rate and range
  4. Shatteredstar

I would agree with this, but simpler might be just boost the "repair" hitbox of vehicles out another like 5 meters or so. Since there is obviously a repair hitbox that doesn't match the mode/damage hitbox (repair a scythe to see this for example)

I'd be leery of longer repair range in general since max units would get an indirect survival boost out of it with an engy being able to repair with much less danger in such a case.

Not sure the code is there to detect directional repair though since nothing does and repair seems to be considered a "whole vehicle" affair, hence how the whole thin flashes.
    • Up x 1
  5. _itg

It would be nice to have an indicator, but I think most tankers would still run you over. Suddenly backing up seems to be a knee-jerk reaction to incoming fire, more than anything. If possible, repair from the side or on top of them. I know sometimes standing behind the tank is the only way to take cover, but these are exactly the situations where the tanker is likely to run you over, whether he knows you're there or not.
  6. FBVanu

Friendlies should not be killed by friendly vehicles..

friendlies should just bounce off of friendly vehicles.. pushed aside like bowling pins..

only if you are pushed over the edge of a cliff, then you fall to your death.

I should be able to plow full speed into a tight group of friendlies, with my Prowler/Magrider
    and watch them all get pushed aside, not one of them dies.

Friendly mines don't kill friendlies, why do vehicles?
  7. _itg

Friendly mines DO kill friendlies. they just don't auto-trigger on nearby friendlies.
  8. xSalt

I do my best to get beside or on top, but like you said, not always possible. And if we increased the range it would be to easy to have three engines lock repair on a max and have him walk into a doorway/room and keep him repaired from outside. It's already possible to enough of an extent. The only way this would work is if LOS would need to be maintained, but as it is now I can look and move all over th place as long as I stay in range. Well I can't turn a full 180, but pretty close before repair is broken.
  9. _itg

Maybe they could release an "airbag" suit option, which prevents roadkill damage.
  10. xSalt

Haha, I'd spend Certs on that for sure
  11. sIcGER

looong time ago chances to survive a rendezvous with a vehicle were much higher - you wasnt pushed aside, but pushed in the direction the vehicle headed and lost all shields and some health (depended on vehicles speed)... k - many times you died because of the impact with terrain afterwards :D
    • Up x 1
  12. Armcross

Don't stay at the rear of a tank. Tank would backpedal without warning in emergency, unless hovertank then your chance are more grimy. Repait at 5 or 7.
  13. The Rogue Wolf

Inflatable rubber bumpers for vehicles! And they make a "boing" sound whenever infantry bounce off of them. :D
  14. Diilicious

this would be so damn good if they actually implemented it.
  15. Nagant

This could be an excellent April's Fool's Day event, if people would inherit the momentum of the veichle, but wouldn't receive damage...Just imagine, you could deploy whole squads to the next base by simply running over them with a sundy and they would just fly and fly and fly...

Or maybe add jumppads to the front of the sundy and send everyone to orbit! :)