maybe roll backing the last big patch

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by deathwish200k, Sep 9, 2015.

1. ObiVanuKenobi

He also said that he changed his CPU...
  2. Damz49

"the severe hitching bug some months ago that made the game unplayable for some and persisted, iirc, for weeks"

A player found a fix for this, it was possible to resolve the issue by disabling a core on our cpu's.

That's why now, 4 core players who have this problem are able to play by disabling 2 cores.
    Dont try to disable 1 of the 2 cores, it do not work I tried.

"They knew about the Valkyrie update incident (well-established memory leak) and that took at least six months to fix properly."

This issue has never been completly fixed, that's why we have this problem now and 50% less performances in game.

Started playing in 2012 with E7400 2.8Ghz, 4GO RAM and HD4850 512Mo with 30-50fps in any battle in medium settings (even shadows)

After 3 years, many optimzation patches, O.M.F.G and valkyrie update, 2Go of ram more for a total of 6, HD4890OC 1Go and an OC of my cpu to 3.25Ghz + unparking, I now run the game with 15-30fps.
    I hold 40fps in 1-12 battles, soon as pop increase, the less playable it is.

That's called optimization.
    • Up x 1
  3. sIcGER

he bought a new board bundle (i5 4..., mobo, ram)

im using win7 sp1 - no problems here (i5 3470)

some time ago i had a problem with ps2 - malware ... its never a bad idea to run malwarebytes
  4. sIcGER

ummm yeah...

and what did you wrote them ?
  5. InFernoltu

So yeah, after the new update, the game just freezes when im playing. no idea what i should say more.. so..
  6. Gabriella

7. Ransurian

Upvoted, although it thankfully appears as though DBG has at least acknowledged and confirmed the issue.
  8. Gabriella

Achnowledge and comfirmed?
    Haha nice one there mate! where exactly?
    No official statement has been made yet..
    And some guy (radar_x) chating with players(after a whole week of radio silence)at reddit and at his twitter isnt exactly "Achnowledge and comfirmed"
  9. InFernoltu

i got a i5 4460 so.. 6 cores.
  10. Ransurian

Not sure if it's entirely official, but it's listed as "Confirmed" by the Issue Tracker's moderator staff, which mandates DBG to investigate the problem. I've also seen a few posts from DBG forum staff that acknowledge the issue on a handful of similar threads. Here's one such thread.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/this-is-what-dbg-said-to-me.233000/

At this point, I'm certain they're at least aware of the issue, especially given the plethora of related threads.
  11. Gabriella

Where exactly does you game freezes?
    You probably have a different kind of problem there.
  12. Ogcrimtide

preposterous they havnt done something yet...im going to try to log in once more today , and then why try again?? they obviously arnt
  13. Vivicector

This, exactly! I am running at C2D E8400 OC@4GHz, 4GB DDR2, NV GTX650 ti boost. In days of closed beta test, game was running at 30-40 FPS in most fights, 15-20 at biolabs, I was also able to fly ESF without problems. Now, its 20-30 FPS in most fights, 8-15 at cluster****s like biolabs. Also, I can't use ESF cause turning them around fast makes the game freeze for a second.

Yea, optimisation!
  14. sporty

Just started recently. Can login and select a server, but when it reaches 100% load to play it switches to the player screen, you can hear sound from the game for about 1/2second then goes quiet and sits on the black screen for about 3 minutes before it tells me "A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly."
  15. Gabriella

Make an account here https://dgcissuetracker.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa
    and vote this issue https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/PS-1705
  16. sporty

• Up x 1
  17. Pfundi

This may sound like a god damn stupid idea but theres that dual core fix for Far Cry 4, did anyone try that with PS2 (I dont know how it works and if it even affects PS2...)
  18. ObiVanuKenobi

It's something completely different.
  19. Pfundi

Okay, just thought about it and this came to my mind :D
  20. Max1027

I would sign this petition but I have not spend any money in ps2..but I have spent 35 days worth of game playtime (800+ hrs).. Which went right down the toilet... I want my time back!