maybe roll backing the last big patch

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by deathwish200k, Sep 9, 2015.

1. 5ayan

Which win version did you have and which did you install? Though it might be like Damz49 mentioned above, caused by one of windows updates.
  2. Jockdoe

Win 7 sp1, I did all Important updates but only dotnet recommended updates.
  3. UberNoob1337101

When I press "Play", my game loads to a certain point and then goes into a black screen, and then crashes. (LaunchPad > Loading screen > Black screen > Crash to desktop).

Re-installed the game 5 times. Didn't work.

My processor is AMD 8320 8-core, and I was and I'm attempting to run the game with all 8 cores enabled (even checked at BIOS). My memory is 8 GB, and I ran the game flawlessly at 50 FPS on Ultra until this patch.

Tried the suggested fixes (deleting Planetside2_64x, LaunchPad.exe...), still doesn't work.

When is this going to be fixed? I'm still going to wait, because the game is still amazing, but until it's fixed I can't do much but to say that dual core processors aren't the only ones suffering.
  4. Pandora's Lunchbox

If they were doing the job they were paid for then an update of such damage wouldn't have been released or would have been recalled.

I also mentioned this in another thread: except I opened up a petition to sign. You guys should all take a look to see if it takes your fancy (it should).
    https://www.change.org/p/russel-sha...utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink
    Repost and repost the link, people - if it gains enough volume, we'll have ourselves a scary voice for Daybreak to hear.
  5. SmileyBomb

Don't hijack threads. Especially since part of your petition is hugely erroneous:

"You demand that the developing company publicly acknowledge the damage that they have caused to products that rightfully belong to the players that purchased them."

You, whether a paying player or not, have no legally vested financial interest in the game. The entirety of the intellectual property is out of the typical player's hands unless s/he possess specific stock saying otherwise. Because of this, any demand for refund is certainly going to be denied (and possibly laughed at).

Back on topic, it is helpful that players are able to directly test the various theories for the crashing. I personally have not had any issues running Windows 10 on a sandy I5 and an older 570ti. But fellow guildies are completely dropped from the game upon startup. Its very strange and annoying. The idea of a windows update being the culprit is still possible I reckon, but how to narrow down which one? Hmm...
  6. Pandora's Lunchbox

Pass it on, spread the link. It won't work without voice.
  7. VinBenzin

Same. Lets count how many players really needed this 04.09.2015 update)
  8. TsugumoriVS

I just had a realization...the test server might still be up. Call me crazy but all the people that are having this issue could hop on over there while this entire Charlie Foxtrot is happening
  9. deathwish200k

The problem you are encountering is currently a known bug that is effecting some players. As your issue is persisting I have added your information to the current bug notes for development. Unfortunately we do not have an ETA for a fix on this issue at this time, so please check back with us at a later date for further updates. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause in the mean time.

Regards,

Sean F.
    Senior Technical Support Representative
    Daybreak Game Company

sooo they know they have a problem hopefully they will fix it people keep send tickets to them maybe they try to fix this game if we show them numbers
  10. deathwish200k

The problem you are encountering is currently a known bug that is effecting some players. As your issue is persisting I have added your information to the current bug notes for development. Unfortunately we do not have an ETA for a fix on this issue at this time, so please check back with us at a later date for further updates. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause in the mean time.

Regards,

Sean F.
    Senior Technical Support Representative
    Daybreak Game Company
  11. deathwish200k

they know about the problem now they going try to fix it sooon as they can
  12. Ransurian

Within a second or two of loading a given character, my client freezes up completely and requires me to manually close Planetside 2 via the desktop. What gives? I want to try out the new ESAV weapons.
  13. Damz49

Remember SOE "We're fixing it" "Soon™"

Now it's the same, but its written Daybrake :eek:

Nothing to do except waiting for a patch/fix.
  14. Pandora's Lunchbox

Yeah? So let them laugh, if that's what they want. It'd be both naive and misguided. The issues they've caused recently will indubitably induce a spike in the number of players leaving the game for good. What company is going to laugh at that prospect? I don't suppose you have one of your own making with that experience? At any rate, the company isn't going to be laughing at players. I'm laughing the ones that still invest in them, despite the last three years.

If you don't like the post, then ignore it - I'm calling for supporters, not idiots who reckon responding legitimately on a thread is 'hijacking' it. Vote it down, even - I don't give a toss. I am fully aware of my and any other player's legal stance against Daybreak, but if you're denying they're ******* us over, then you're kidding yourself and I feel utterly sorry for you.

I used to stand up for this development team, in my own right, too, as it were, until it got to the stage where the ignorance simply wasn't appropriate. Legal high-ground? Maybe. Moral high-ground? Don't be stupid.
  15. Pandora's Lunchbox

Know why they call it Daybreak Games? Because Daybreak Games...

*Ahem*

On a more serious note, I think you should check out this petition. I'm aware some of you may have issues with it (both morally and legally), but - and I'm being honest, here - I don't care. I care that this company feels that it is absolutely fine to walk all over its dedicated community without so much as an admittance to the failures and damages they have clearly caused their own product.

Anything we buy from Daybreak still technically belongs to them when it comes to copyrights and intellectual properties and whatnot - but how can you render it the same product if it's being changed? Weapons become inoperable, change completely...game doesn't open...let's be brutally honest, no customer - in their right minds - would fund a game that they knew would break like this. Would you buy a car if you knew that, at some point, the retailer would later track you down and remove its doors just because they can and it says so in their policy? Don't think so...

https://www.change.org/p/russel-sha...utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink
  16. Pandora's Lunchbox

Making **** all difference to both the situation and the problem at hand.

They knew about the Valkyrie update incident (well-established memory leak) and that took at least six months to fix properly.
  17. lowfpsvanu

I am affected by this bug, as i was affected by the severe hitching bug some months ago that made the game unplayable for some and persisted, iirc, for weeks.
    I think some of you remember a not so old post of a developer in here where he expressed discreetly his discontent on a massive firing of key coders who were working in the rather big project. I believe that this is what the users payed in both cases.
  18. Indalecio

Head here,looks like they are trying to fix it,post your specs there and help the Developers fix this
    https://twitter.com/RadarX/status/642079036949159936
  19. Armcross

20. BlueSun

I noticed in another post that Jack Doe got his game working again. He did say he used win 7 sp 1. I am curious if this is really true, dunno if anyone else wants to give this a go. If we can get enough players to confirm this and get the devs attention on here, reddit, and twitter; perhaps we can get this resolved a bit quicker. I really don't want another 6 month long troubleshooting foul up like the omfg update.