Having trouble in determining the winner...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Turiel =RL=, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Turiel =RL=

• Up x 1
  2. HadesR

Dunno ... Going off the killboards at https://www.planetside2.com/players One seems kinda normal .. Sniping, HA use and vehicle kills ..

The other .. Bit of A headshot machine with LMG's
  3. Turiel =RL=

It's the high number of kills in a very short time without getting killed (which is insanely difficult in this game). Killstreaks do happen every once in a while, but not that often as Heavy Assault and especially not EVERY SINGLE TIME.
  4. HadesR

Well I can understand that there are alot of places they can happen .. Point defense, Bio farms, Spawn room warrioring plus as a Heavy it might also be down to the old trick of shield + Medi kit junkie and bunny hop spam ..

The player from our Eastern neighbours looks the most iffy of the two .. Imo ofc
  5. Goretzu

If you look at certain Outfits on Miller you'll find loads of these "type", there's another one trucking an 8+ to 1 infantry K/D ratio and 90+% headshot kill ratio (including with SMGs) for the last 2 weeks.

Which you might think "well he's just an exceptionally good player" except that up until a few weeks ago his K/D ratio was 1.37 to 1 and he didn't get those 90+% headshot kills........ oh and he is so good he can kill people inside their own spawn rooms with infantry weapons (with constant headshots, of course). :rolleyes:

The problem is DBGs seems to have no system to address these sort (especially it seems on EU servers).
    • Up x 3
  6. FieldMarshall

Well, second player is just from russia. So i dont think there is anything strange about his stats
    I hear lots of players who are mlg material come from eastern europe for some strange unknown reason.

This guy is also pretty good. But he could just be russian.
    http://ps2.fisu.pw/killboard/?name=bewatermyfr1end&count=1000
    • Up x 1
  7. Turiel =RL=

A lot of stuff comes from Russia, including the two commercial aimbots. That guy has his configured for headshots. Basically that was a bad decision because it gives it away. The other player in question at least plays a lot of sniper where headshots don't arouse any suspicions.

Nevertheless, while there are farms in this game, I find it hard to believe that one guy has the perfect radar for them and always finds himself in the right spots and right situations. They don't came up ALL the time, especially if you play TR on Miller. I mean even the guys with the greatest awareness get picked off by infiltrators every once in a while.

Last but not least, we all know the situation where you shoot a guy and kill him but get shot by someone else. That's simply the downside of aimdown-sights. Stuff like that doesn't seem to bother our friends. They manage seem to find favorable 1:1 situations every 3-5 seconds and that for a couple of hours in a row.
    • Up x 5
  8. Utrooperx

Just a slight adjustment...as these Russian kids show in this posted video...and there you have it...

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...-all-the-hackers-this-last-week.226668/page-7

Requires nothing more then Notepad and some basic coding skills...DBG really needs to *invest* in a real anti-cheat. Heck, since I play BF4 as well, Punkbuster is always running in the background on my machine...at the very least, the client should run a 'self-authenticating' process while the game is running instead of just a file check at the launch pad...which is easily by-passed by altering files after the launch pad has run and disabling the crash dump. Its just too darn easy to change critical values such as C-o-F, recoil, headshot hitboxes, movement speed, show Enemy Doritos, etc...I've even seen a Infiltrator get his Flash stuck in a stairwell, jump off...and in mid-air become a Heavy Assault...I was shooting him from above, there was nobody else on the Flash...a Stealth Flash...of course, that kind of 'stuff' only happens in the wee hours of the morning (PST) when DBG is asleep...

As I previously stated, just how hard would it be to program a process that checks the game files during play? These Russian kids clearly show that such a process doesn't exist...and with the prevalence of AHK 'scripts' (

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps...faster-than-others.231386/page-3#post-3254820 )

and now the tact 'approval' of overlay crosshairs (

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps...ir-overlay-allowed.231130/page-8#post-3253297 )

...well, the next time you die and think to yourself..."How the Heck...?"

Here's your answer.
    • Up x 4
  9. Ragnarox

I don't think first one cheats that much, but that second playerfromrussia...haha he's obvious one.
    For an accuracy of 25% he can surely headshot ppl LOL
    NS15 kills 23500 - headshots 14600

hahaha
    • Up x 1
  10. Demigan

Red October is an elitist outfit on Miller (who now have split into a secondary called ROWN with the top of the line players of the RO outfit). Aside from their good teamwork tactics which boost their personal scores they also had Daddy (now part of ROWN), who has been heavily (ab)using anything that gives an advantage and doesn't get you banned. Being able to set up a Macro to exit a vehicle, deconstruct it and logout to deny your enemy a vehicle destruction and kill? This guy was the first I've seen it do, and he never quit it until it was patched. When it became possible again through a bug to logout without giving your enemy a kill he had one set up again. He set up other Macro' and used 3rd person view with overlays to circumvent recoil and probably more that I don't even dare guess at.
    With someone like that in your team, I have no doubt that a large part of RO (ab)uses anything they can get their hands on to boost their scores, and have high suspicions about some of them. There's only a handful of RO players that I dare respect that seem to play fairly but at the top of their game, Comrade for one. (now also ROWN I see)
    http://ps2.fisu.pw/killboard/?name=comrade&count=1000
    • Up x 1
  11. KenDelta

Typical Miller players.
  12. FlR3

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...-all-the-hackers-this-last-week.226668/page-7

After seeing this link I got ticked off. I thought only hand picked people got the Observer Cam as they were making good video's of PS2. BUT watching cheaters using the Observer cam and one hit killing Galaxy's, Sundies, Tanks, while flying around is total BS. If this is how gaming companies want to run their games while asking players to support them, then I say let the cheaters support them and not the honest player. When my Subscription is up in December I will not pay for another year and no more DBcash. I have put over 400.00 in this game to help support it but this breaks the camels back. The Client files should be locked so nobody except the Devs can change the lines of code and to update it. NOBODY (players) should be able to change code so they can have an advantage over another player. The gaming companies today seem to allow this to happen.

Anybody signing into the game through the Client should their files scanned by an anti-cheat system. If any hook as far as a cheat/aimbot/ESP/No Clip and so on is found then they should be perm banned/IP banned and a call to their ISP for DOS.

There should be an option to watch players in first person mode so we can catch them cheating, demo/video record them with hard evidence. BUT NO gaming companies seem to not want this anymore when they figured out that some cheaters spend money, but wait a minute, some of those cheaters have a program where they get free DBcash or certs by the click of a button. Somebody dropped the ball along time ago.

I enjoy the game and as I said back in Beta before the game went live, I told the Devs that this is the best game ever created because of the massive battles or all out wars and the servers were holding and not crashing. Night time battles in the beginning where there was 200 to 400 vs 200 to 400 was just pure awesome. It kind of looked like the real thing. I also told the Devs back then I found cheats were already out for the game and it was still in Beta.

If you want us honest players to keep helping support the game so freeloaders can play for free then close the loopholes, lock the files so only the Devs can change coding within the Client or allow some of us the go into spectator mode so we can watch and record a player in first person view to help catch these lowlifes.

There are a lot of talented people who play the game that can make maps, vehicles, guns and so on. What ever happened to extensive modification support which allows users/players to easily create maps, models, game modes as well as various other additions to a game and allow players to run small servers of their own so we could police them for cheaters? What ever happened to gaming companies supporting honest players. Why is it only 2 (two) gaming companies in history have taken cheat makers/cheaters to court (and by the way they won their cases against the cheaters). Why are cheaters allowed to just make another account when they are caught/suspended for a week/or banned? Isn't that just a slap in the face of the honest player who learns real skill instead of an AI skill/script kiddie. If we all (honest players) wanted to fight against bots/AI bots we would download a game that is nothing but PVE. This game is pure PVP and not a game that's players Vs cheaters/lowlifes/scumbags. DAYBREAK you want to make a real difference in the gaming world? Think about it.
    • Up x 1
  13. allattar

RO and suspiciously high HS ratio.... really well I never. Im sure some Russians arent all ch... winners but RO certainly doesnt help the cause.
    • Up x 1
  14. Turiel =RL=

There is one other possible explanation for all of this:

This could be the case with Mentis since I never actually see him when he is playing infantry. The only time I did, I managed to kill him.* Other than that the first time he appeared was on the deathscreen and he was always attacking from behind. This reminds me of the Giraffe-Camo-Videos where a guy - who was obviously invisible to his targets - racked up huge killstreaks. The fact that he was invisible becomes clear, when you follow where his victims were looking. They either didn't react at all or they were randomly shooting all over the place, like they were trying to catch a cloaked infiltrator. So my best judgement would be that he may not even be hacking, he is just not visible most of the time due to some latency-issues. At least this explains why you can never attack him from behind or for that matter why you never get the initiative on him. Given that, I used to play a lot of light assault, so I was usually not in the middle of combat. The chance that you appear behind or above people as LA is at least higher than when you play a lot of heavy assault.

Let's not forget that his skill doesn't come from aiming better and killing people quicker than they kill him. It comes mostly from positioning and simply not being in the middle of the screen when it counts.

* Well, he respawned and 1-shot (headshot) me with a Carv from 200+ meters away, where I could see him as a tiny pixel also. Since you can't 1-shot people with a Carv, not even with an aimbot, this also supports the latency-theory.
    • Up x 1
  15. Turiel =RL=

After doing some research on this and after I found this video:

I am not convinced, that Mentis is using a Lagswitch. It simply correlates 100% to his playstyle, the personal experience of always getting killed out of nowhere, and it certainly explains his abnormal stats and his abnormal streaks with classes (HA and LA) that are simply known not to get 10+ kills in a row on a regular basis. Since he claims to be a CS:GO-player, it is also clear that he is aware of this exploit.

Here is how it feels to get insta-killed by guys like Mentis and it is always exactly like that:

16. Goretzu

DBG seems totally disinterested in this especially on the EU servers, the fella am watching has managed 90% to 100% headshots for over two weeks now, day in day out. He doesn't kill excessively many players like a blatent hacker might, but he basically never misses at headshot kills (or rather he misses them at about the same % that blatent hackers do).

When SOE banned a lot of high profile players a year or so ago for wall hacking/ESP there was a drop in this sort of thing, but it has been so long now since they did it that it seems like a lot of players and Outfits are just back using subtle aimbots, lag throttling, ESP/wall hacks, scripts & autohotkey etc.

The problem is a lot of people don't seem to understand how much this affects the game, for example many people seem to think you'd need most players to use subtle aimbots etc. to ruin the game, but statistically if you had just 10% of the player base using sutble aimbots then the game would be effectively unplayable for anyone NOT using one....... even 1% of the player base means you'd actually be running into a subtle hacker a lot of the time.

This is compounded when it is Outfits doing it, because if you have 10% of an Outfit doing it, but that Outfit is all in the same place, basically they turn wherever that Outfit is deployed into an area where no one that isn't using the above can compete.
  17. Turiel =RL=

If there is a guy on the server, who 1-shot-kills people with weapons that do 143 damage, while his victims never see him, and he is leading the server in kills or he is in the top 3-5 whatever, that's simply weird.

Skill does not explain it. Even an aimbot does not explain it, because aimbots mow down people, they don't instakill. The lagswitch does explain it, in fact it explains the complete picture in every single detail.
    • Up x 1
  18. Scorpion97

Welcome to the world of MLGs :p
  19. Goretzu

PS2 pretty much has the full spectrum of cheats at a lowish level, I just don't think they think it causes them to lose enough $$$'s to really go after it (and they probably don't even have the staff now).

It is pretty telling IMO that basically the only people that get banned these days are blantent hackers, and that is done automatically through montioring the stats. I think a few Outfits and individuals have figured this out and know that so long as they aren't totally blatent about it they are pretty much scotfree.
    • Up x 1
  20. Mentis2k6

Turiel, i told You before and i gonna do ist again,You suck at this Game. I offered You about 50 Times to drop by on our ts and Play With us on tr. You Would see how Many times i Fail,and Tage at the Game Cause something Didnt work. yet You choose to complain on the forums.i Really ask myself how ******** You must Be...
    • Up x 1