Directive Pistols

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Biddion, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Biddion

After a year of more or less exclusively playing stalker, early May or so, I finally unlocked TR's directive pistol, the President. It performs exactly like the TX1 Repeater, but with less bullet spread and no attachments available.

It was a bit lack luster for me as I like to put on a flashlight to hunt down other inf. Being able to find them quickly and shoot accurately is what I like. This lack of a flashlight on the President turned me away.

Recently, however, I started using it again with stalker. It, to my surprise, is a more effective weapon than I remember.

Have you used your faction's directive pistol much and what are your opinions?
  2. asmodraxus

No but then as I'm a VS I'm waiting for the NS series directive pistol...
  3. _itg

About 1,500 kills away from the Executive, myself, but I'm not pushing for it since since it strikes me as pretty underwhelming. For one thing, the Mag-shot isn't my first choice as a stalker. It's certainly workable, but I'd rather have the Rebel for the 2-headshot kills out to 10m (with suppressor) and better knife synergy, the Desperado for close range DPS, or the Blackhand or Crossbow for the range. Then you take the laser sight off, and I have to think that's not a good trade for better max damage on a suppressed Mag-shot.

Personally, I'd like to see the directive pistols get both the laser sight and suppressor. It would make them a straight upgrade for stalkers, perhaps, but overall the weapon would still be a sidegrade because even a buffed suppressor is undesirable in many situations.
  4. Biddion

TR's President is suppressed. Is the Executive not?
  5. Plastikfrosch

all 3 directives pistols have the same equipment. an advanced silencer that wont affect the effective range as a silencer on the default ES pistol.
    But i still think thats a bit of boring.
    Suggestions:
    NC: the silencer shouldnt affect the pistol at all that would make it especially within mid ranges the strongest directives pistol.
    TR: 24rounds per mag (1 burst more) and overall 2 mags more also with the advanced silencer like it is now so it will be the strongest cqc directives pistol
    VS: As strong as the normal beamer with a normal silencer but therefore the heatmechanic. this would be more a weapon for patient infiltrators since it would be the weakest of all 3 but the one that could last the longest.

this way the weapons would be worth grinding for.
  6. Biddion

Good ideas. I am using ammo belt instead of 4 grenades. I find I run out of ammo too quickly with the standard clip count.
  7. _itg

It is suppressed. The laser sight is the thing that's missing.
  8. Skiptrace

I don't have any experience using the Executive, President or the (Insert VS Directive Pistol Here) because I don't have them, and I never play Stalker because Stalker Cloak isn't 100% invisibility, which it should be. (P.S. Cloak in PS2 should work like TF2. I've never seen TF2's cloak bug out like PS2's does every damn day.)
  9. Navron

I'm not sure I understand this logic. Please explain.
  10. Skiptrace

Oh, hey Navron.

My logic is, If the cloak in this game is so buggy, why not just make it 100% invisibility? It would make everyone's life much easier. Sure, Snipers would have a harder time counter-sniping. Yes, people would cry nerf. Oh, wait Team Fortress 2, while it being a different game concept (Smaller Maps, 2 Teams with the same weapon choices, no vehicles, etcetera) is still a First Person Shooter. The Spy, has 100% invisibility, for an indefinite amount of time if you equip the Cloak and Dagger or on hit if you have the Deadringer, BUT if you even so much as POKE another player, you are revealed, not 100% but still easily visible. In PS2, you have stages of cloak, Sprinting is pretty easy to spot even at a long distance, regular moving is noticeable, but not anywhere near as visible as Sprinting, Crouching and moving is pretty hard to spot, but the trained eye can see it pretty well, and Crouching while still is VERY hard to see, but is STILL visible...

Here's my thing, a game set in the late 21'st century with a fictional metal from Australia of all places (sorry for any Aussies, but everyone forgets about your continent...) has a better cloaking system than a game in the 25'th (Citation needed) Century with the fictional Auraxium metal... Something just isn't right...

So, my proposed stealth fix.

All Cloaks EXCEPT Nano-Armor stay the same except the universal changes to cloaking.

Nano-Armor is changed to be a prepared Auto-Cloak on Hit. Each time you are hit, you activate Nano-Armor cloaking if equipped, the cloak reduces damage taken by 50% and does not shimmer when hit, it lasts for a total of 12s at Max level.

All Cloak Changes:

Sprinting whilst cloaked makes the cloak tick down at 2x the normal rate.
    Moving while cloaked makes cloak tick at 1.25x time EXCEPT Stalker. (stalker is normal rate)
    While still, cloak is the standard time.
    Crouching (moving AND still) is 0.5x standard rate (so double cloak time)
    Stalker at max level is 10s and still regenerates while still
    Standard cloak is 15s at max level (so 30s while crouched)
    ALL Cloaks are 100% invisible to everyone UNLESS contact with an enemy player is made, OR you are shot by anything, or are hit with AOE damage. the exception to this rule is Nano-Armor which will shimmer on enemy contact, but not Bullet or Explosive damage. (basically, you will have cloak shimmer if someone contacts you of the other team, or you are shot)

This would keep cloaking balanced for both sides. Also, if you are within the area of a Enemy Motion Spotter (not a Spotting Dart) you will have a very light cloak shimmer, just enough to be possibly noticed, but not enough to be a beacon shining in the night.

I know that's a bunch of things to digest, but I think if 100% invisibility cloak works in TF2, it can work here. (I'm not even a hardcore TF2 fan, in fact. I hate the game because they got rid of my favorite Spy Set Bonus [Saharan Spy + Deadringer])
  11. Biddion

Amazing how this thread turned from being about pistols to being about cloak. Some linguistic judo I suspect.
    • Up x 1
  12. MaKiro2

I have the Executive, and i have to say its only the magshot with more silenced range.
    After i got it i was so hyped then i tried it out and it was so boring. I thought its a new Pistol but no, its a shiny Magshot..
    I was sad :(