[Suggestion] make it so there is always an alert going

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ballto21, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Ballto21

Some of the most fun fights happen on non alert continents during primetime. This is because all the turbo sperg fits, the decent outfits that play to cap bases, and a large population redeploys to there. I was at a really fun stalemate fight between red ridge and scarred mesa where the NC couldnt push us full and we couldnt push the NC well enough to cap anything.

AMERISH ALERT HAS ENDED.

Huge NC airzerg redeploys there, VS infantry zerg comes over, ruins the fight, and now all fights are just a zerg clusters on indar, esamir is almost barren, and im not sure if you could even get a 48-96 going if you shoved all of hossin in one hex.

If an alerts going on, all the alert players can keep doing them, and the non alert players can sit on the continents that dont have one running. I can see fewer zergs happening on the non alerts for awhile, but you will also have to bring back different alert types because its already monotonous to have the same alert every hour, let alone constantely
  2. Thardus

As much as alerts are my favourite time in the game, I actually think that the frequency of alerts is pretty good. Without alerts, players have no obligation to go somewhere. It's more relaxing between alerts.
  3. Ballto21

yes and no. while some feel obligated, more enjoy the smaller pop. that fight was still a 96v96, but much more fun as no one was really pushing the objective. it was a more casual experience most were enjoying while the competitive players were on amerish. theres nothing stopping you from going to the alert if you got bored, but the fun was killed after a zerg steamroller came by and made most fights a *********** inside bases instead on in the field>base>field>base its just Base>spawncampBase>spawncampBase>spawncamp
  4. johnway

I think something was implemented that was CLOSE to a constant alert. They sort of added mini alerts lasting like 45 minutes or something but the problems was that the continents locked so frequently and everyone was practically swimming in an XP boost throughout their whole game session. I certainly enjoyed the boost but the constant locking meant long prolonged fights weren't as frequent.

Personally i would prefer alerts to being on a recently unlocked Continent so theres some resemblance of an equal footing and allow people prepare during the early stages of an alert. Some alerts just start on some truly awful situations whereby one side is already dominating or one factions presence is low that it would take some effort to win or even catch up.
  5. HerpTheDerp

Believe it or not, but that's how the game used to be. Something like ten minutes after the previous Alert ended, new one would start.

They were much more varied too: like capturing all Biolabs on Indar, for example.

But then the community said "No, we don't want all these extra certs from alerts! Also we want every alert to be the same boring stale **** that always ends up fighting for the same four bases!"

And Daybreak was happy to oblige.
  6. Ballto21

i was around for that. well not the "mini alerts" but when they were on a 40-60 minute cycle on indar>amerish>esamir with varied global alerts thrown in (yes, global alerts. capture all nine biolabs was the worst).

i was around since pre revamp amerish and pre wallamir when HEAT was one of the best tank options unless you went uber specialized
  7. TheFlamingLemon

No man, as I sometimes PL lemme tell you I need a break from the intensity of alerts. Also, we need time to break in players who want to learn to PL without putting them through too much stress. The time that alerts aren't running are great for kicking back and farming without worrying about taking territory (but not too quickly) and commanding everyone just right so that your attacks still succeed when the enemy max crashes.
  8. Ballto21

there is nothing stopping you from going to, say, amerish during an indar alert to take a breather and also breaking in newer PLs there.