[Suggestion] Balance please?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CrushingThunder, Aug 24, 2015.

1. CrushingThunder

Well

Over the last week, ther had been a lot of complaining about the unbalanced the game is at this point, this is making the playerbase gravitates towards a single faction an making hilarious overpops at times.

IMO the whole weapon system is wrong, i cant be possible that every time a faction complains about another's weapons, the devs simply nerf it or eventually makes a better NS version of it. This is just mockering the playerbase and treat us like idiots.

My suggestion goes to finally changing how the game benefits/penalties works, taking a RPG like aproach at the moment of designing weapons, do someone remember the stats systems used un games like Ragnarok Online? where if you choose a smart character you got a smartie but pretty phisically weak one?

I think is the best way ensure no weapon is under/over performing and that way you could end up with a standarized way of making and comparing weapons before and after the got release, instead of just looking at not so accurate statistic that mostly depend on (Kill Per Hour/Day is heavily pop dependant)

i think the best way of setting this up is by looking based stats and applying a equility versus every stats.

By example (just a example, don't take it literallly):

Damage <0> Recoil (Heavier bullet gives more recoil) Where more damage, more recoil
    CoF Vector Increase <0> Fire Rate (Higher FR makes weapon less accurate) Where higher FR, higher CoF Expansion to sustained fire.

By this means i think the devs could easily add content faster and stablish game content standards that satisfies every faction, creating weapons thats really fits into completelly different roles.

On a different topic, but important though.
    NS Swarm? jeez.
    I got to the conclusion that the devs are finally out of ideas.
    Why instead of a Striker copy didn't you looked back in gaming history a took some ideas?

i hoped to get something like this (anyone ever played U2?)
    [IMG]

But thats a lot of coding and scripting effort for the devs teams to even look at.

Hope to get some thoughs on this.
  2. Cuze

The devs already somewhat do that, which is why if you have a hard hitting weapon it shoots slowly, or having a large magazine generally means a slower reload. FPS's also have a lot more nuance to their play than RPGs, and there is no real way to know how good two different stats are in relation to each other, especially since some stats may synergize together, or contradict eachother.

RPGs are also still very difficult to balance unless they are very simplistic. Just look at World of Warcrafts fury warrior during Wrath of the Litch King. Blizzard struggled tremendously to balance them, and went back and forth through buffs and nerfs before they eventually settled on changing the talent tree, modifying stat conversion rates, normalizing rage generation, and adding a flat damage penalty.

On the whole, last I played, the game is fairly well balanced. So much so that most weapons generally feel like clones of one another, and a lot of the balance issues do tend to get blown way out of proportion.
  3. Alan Kalane

1. The game is almost as ballanced as chess at this point. No need for further complaining.

2. Players aren't "gravitating towards one faction",they are simply logging in and out, causing a fluctuation in population.4th faction is a myth that was busted a long time ago

3. For the most part this is how it works - higher dmg = higher vertical recoil. Higher RoF = higher horizontal recoil. Just look at the Gauss Saw and the AMP.

4. The Swarm is... unnecessary. It kind of replaces Annihilator as the anti-air anti-ground launcher and it resembles the old Striker too much.
  4. Devildjinn

Hard to keep faction diversity and balance in check, or else why bother faction traits.
    However, having every single desirable trait in a single faction starting lmg, can, at times, seem unbalanced.