[Suggestion] Possibly more lore

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by coldguy111, Aug 23, 2015.

1. coldguy111

If the presence of lore was to be added to the game.
    What medium should it be portrayed through. My idea was to have es loading screens showing history or propaganda through your factions point of view

What are your suggestions for more lore?
    • Up x 4
  2. Scr1nRusher

Lore needs to be buffed!
    • Up x 1
  3. coldguy111

Lore in this game has been sadly underperforming
    Pls buff
    • Up x 1
  4. tijolo

5. coldguy111

But the intent of this thread is to discuss suggestions of how to introduce the lore into the gameplay of planetside 2
  6. Turkeys!

I like that idea a lot, but it seems like the loading screens are used more for tips now. They should have a way of viewing the existing lore in the game, so perhaps some sort of special lore terminals scattered around the continents that people could search for to read more about the world? It'd be neat to at least have something else to do in warpgates so that could work too. It's more immersive than having to go on a wiki to read about it.
    • Up x 1
  7. coldguy111

or possibly having faction propoganda in controlled bases
  8. tijolo

I figured you didn't know the game had a lore at all. It has happened before.

Both you ideas are good, I just wish the devs read this forum instead of reddit. But who knows, with enough posts they might see it.

edit: wrong quote... anyways *bump*
  9. coldguy111

thanks
  10. TheShrapnelKing

11. coldguy111

even though this lore isn't official it fills in the gaps to why there is only military establishments all over auraxis. it would be nice if this was made canon
  12. FieldMarshall

Would be great if they could explain VSs change to psycho cult. They pretty much butchered the old VS lore.
    In PS1. VS were scientists who wanted to research found vanu tech, and split off from TR because they said "No, its too dangerous to experiment on".
    Somehow they changed the awesome "renegade scientists who wants to further advance the human race" into the lame "religious cult that worships a dead alien race"
  13. ColonelChingles

That sort of change makes sense to me.

1) VS starts as a scientific community with their own scientific interests. But they are small.
    2) When war is declared, the VS realize that they need to actually have enough soldiers to fight. Since scientists generally make for poor soldiers, this means that they need to recruit amongst the TR population.
    3) But because "hey science" isn't really that eye-catching, they invent a pseudo-religious cult (like ISIS today).
    4) This "Cult of Vanu" is much more successful in attracting recruits, and soon the VS are able to field an army of religious zealots.
    5) However because the "religious" members of the VS quickly outnumber the "scientific" members of the VS, tensions rise.
    6) The end result is a military coup, where the "scientific" members of the VS are rounded up and sacrificed to the Vanu as heretics. Irony abound.
    7) This leaves the "religious" cult members of the VS as the only ones left, and explains why no one on the VS actually understands the science or technology behind what they use.

There is evidence in the current lore of this already going on. For example, in this document, the VS Chief of Research is beginning to show signs of religious indoctrination. Although he doesn't believe that Vanu is a god, he does start talking about the "truth of Vanu". It's that movement, captured early in the conflict, that could blossom into a coup-de-tat within the VS.
    • Up x 1