Why cant we just spawn wherever the **** we want so long as the territory is owned by our faction

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by wetto, Aug 23, 2015.

1. wetto

why do we have to spawn from like 6 random *** spots that make no sense whenever we die
    • Up x 3
  2. Booface

I'm going to assume you're actually asking instead of trying to just get a rise out of folks.

The reason the spawn restrictions are put in place is to prevent a large zerg from redeploying from base to base in seconds, instantly crushing the opposition, and then redeploying somewhere else. The idea if that if a zerg's movement is limited, smaller groups can strategically move around it.

Basically it's to lower the amount of 48-96+ zergs spawncamping multiple 1-12 bases. If they want to take or defend multiple bases a large distance from one another, they actually have to split their forces up a little bit rather than instantly deploying from one to the next.
    • Up x 4
  3. Nabil1998

Great. An account created yesterday :eek:
    • Up x 1
  4. Pikachu

To have logistics.
  5. WR3CK

Accually for defenders to spawn drop pod style in friendly territory outside of non deploy zones is an awsome idea. LITERALLY THIS WOULD FIX SPAWN CAMPING . You could see them drop in but they could pick where they wanted outside of non deploy zones and in friendly territory.
  6. WR3CK

I really don't think you could get a true zerg to redeploy. It's no different than you redeploy ing your outfit, but you wouldn't be spawn camped.
    Why would this not be a great fix for spawn camping if you add the fact you have stay out of the redeploy zone what if they add a 2 min timer to it.
  7. UberNoob1337101

So you actually need time and effort to get and defend a base, you can't be everywhere, and I like it that way. There's already a "Reinforcements needed" tab that shows you what places need immediate support.

On the other side, would you like if a basic 12-24 vs 12-24 engagement near a base instantly turns into a 12-24 vs 96+ ?
  8. Sandpants

You plan for logistics - its the process of establishing details.

Having random spawn options is the polar opposite of something that can be planned for. Outside of babysitting sunderers, to claim that spawn mechanics is a manifestation of logistics is kind of strawman logic.
  9. wetto

Why is it that the only spawn vehicle is a huge slow rolling turd that has no traction and cant turn worth a damn
  10. wetto

I just dont like sitting through a loading screen everytime i die. its ******* annoying
  11. Mezinov

Simpsons did it.
  12. JustBoo

[IMG]