Orion/SVA-88 HA is unbeatable @ Medium Range, Long Range(except snipers),Close range(except shotty)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by G.O.A.T, Aug 19, 2015.

1. asmodraxus

If the 0.75 ADS is such a problem and you no longer fight VS

Then what do you do when an NC / TR HA uses a SMG/Shotgun with 0 reduction in strafe speed? Surely you must not be able to track such a fast player...

So lets remove the 0.75 ADS on the VS guns

Then nerf the hip fire CoF on Shotguns and SMG's so you have to ADS, and then give the Jackhammer the same treatment.
  2. Eternaloptimist

Well, my experience of playing different factions with indifferent skill level :) :
    • Orion great at close range because RoF but I prefer the SPA on the MSW-R to the 0.75 ADS on the Orion. Neither of them particularly accurate at longer ranges in my hands
    • SVA88 laser-accurate at longer range but I gotta be spot on target due to ? lack of bullet spread. I actually find I do better at range with the Polaris, which still has a tight cone of fire but not so much as the SVA I think. I find the T32 Bull with comp and foregrip a match for the SVA
    • Hard to compare with NC weapons as they feel quite different. Nothing to match Orion/MSW-R RoF but EM1 comes closest I think, and Anchor seems to be all-round useful. But I can't remember any NC LMG that can match TR or VS for close quarters work
    I think maybe a lot of people use the Orion and SVA88 instead of the other VS arsenal and keep using them for longer - so a good weapon in experienced hands that you meet a lot is going to make it look OP when in fact, there are a number of factors involved in the experience of being killed by one of them more than by other weapons. It's not just the gun, its the player behind it.
  3. Bearlover

Its not the player behind it. Before you say VS players are better, how about you all take a look at the stats for ns15m and ns11. Overrall stats on those weapons are identical with only a .005 difference in use, kills etc. All players from all factions are equal in terms of skill.

And before you say vanu has better outfits, so does the TR and so does the NC. Primetime is when to judge a true factions' coordination. Not during late hours when most of the veterans are asleep.

It is the cheese, and their directive weapon is overperforming. Mostly better than the butcher and godsaw. When u have a directive weapon that is also overperforming, u get all the cheesy players play heavy, hence most of vanu plays heavy.

Let them keep 0.75 ads, because they already pulled in much cheese. Damage has been done already.

You know how you get shot in counter-strike while running/strafing? Notice how u lose speed after every hit? Thats how it should be in this game. And cooldowns for medkits needed also.
  4. BIllyGG

700+ RPM weapons with high accuracy and 0.75 ADS with a Shield for protection...just in case that's not enough.

In the words of the Angry Video Game Nerd...."WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!?!?"
    • Up x 1
  5. Shatteredstar

You shouldn't encourage it.

I think all weapons should have a first shot deviation myself of some sort unless they have a high re hammer to compensate...looking at you infiltrators!
  6. hostilechild

.75ADS doesn't magically make people warp 5m left right. It takes a bit more than that. My son and I can both start up our game, face each other at 20,30,40,50m and try it. No where near the warping effect you see from some players. Now if we do it while hip firing an smg it does create a pretty good movement. (pop on shield however and nothing) Yet you will see HA with shield up warping 5m left right in game from time to time, most however do not.

Decide for yourself what really is OP. .75ADS or magic packets. Does it help when unshield, hell yes, but how many heavies have you seen not pop a shield???
  7. Shatteredstar

Nerf network code? Sort of the same thing how I feel like I'm playing the game on hard mode by having a reasonable connect. I should break out a 56k modem so I can git gud!
  8. Scr1nRusher

Now your just trolling & bullying people.
  9. Shatteredstar

Bless your heart, you apparently didn't get the sarcasm. He is the one that mentioned magic packets and I ran with it. Think you're the one with an axe to grind dear.

Between client side hit detect and how the latency seems to influence things so greatly you'd maybe catch the joke in there, or you're too tied up in your hate to notice?
  10. Scr1nRusher

What "hate"?
  11. jmdafk

The lmg we have that compares to the orion is the mswr. It has a 55 round magazine. And i think (correct me if im wrong) post orion nerf the Orion is now more accurate. And the msw is by far our best lmg....
    The 100round carv needs the extra bullets as most will miss at anything beyond 5 metres. Like the TMG the only time the carv extra rounds is usefull is when you have a group of enemies bunched together with there backs to you (and none of them turn round when you start throwing rounds in a big arc around them).
  12. Scr1nRusher

MSW-R has 60 rounds.

The "post nerf" Orion(PTS Orion) is very equal to the PTS MSWR.
  13. ATRA_Wampa-One

MSW-R only has 50 rounds, although buffing it to 60 without a reload speed nerf would be fine. You're thinking of the T-32 Bull since that has a 60 round magazine, but speaking of the T-32 buffing that up to a 698 ROF would be fine as well.

Also, apparently the LMG changes have been permanently shelved and aren't happening now although I hope they at least make the T-16/Polaris/EM1 changes.

Realistically, I think the only LMG's that need to be buffed is the Bull, Pulsar, and Rhino/Polaris/EM1, and maybe a minor one for the MSW-R.
  14. Hiperion

K BUT YOU HAVE TO ADMIT THAT ORION BG users are annoying as hell
  15. BrbImAFK

Please *kchew*, please, please won't *HA-CHOO!* you stop *HRRRKKKK* this!

I'm *HAAA-CHEEWW!!* allergic to all *KCHEW* the stupid on display!

:rolleyes: