TR Shock Trooper weapon guide

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by bubbacon, Jul 18, 2015.

1. bubbacon

Weapon choice(s) for TR Heavys can be confusing for many players. Here are my choices for a strong TR Trooper to be effective and enjoy the game. Note that I'm not going to say some weapons are ineffective.../cough...CARV-S...I just think that these weapons will serve you the better. This will be a quick list of the best choices for TR on the road to getting the Butcher.

1) CARV. This is your starter and she's one of the best in the game. Deadly in CQC and good at Med range burst firing. Stay with the CARV until you Aux her putting all your Certs into attaing lvl 5 Nano Weave, Max Resist Shield, Conc Nades, and AV nades.

2))MSW-R. Solid LMG with SPA. Run with a supressor and feel like an Infi on steroids. Aux her and move on to next weapon. Buy uber RL along the way...

3)MCG!!! Thats right! Time to party. Note that the MCG IS an ADS monster. Let me state that again...ADS. MCG has the best ADS metrics in the game so hip fire only when someone gets the drop on you. ADS as much as possible! Get the BRRT attachment.

4) NS 15 This will be your last on the road to the Butcher. The NS 15 is extremely accurate with an array of attachments. Some say its a weak BULL. I disagree. IMHO this weapon far exceeds the performance of the BULL

Weapons you need to stay away from until you get the Butcher....CARV-S, Rhino, TMG 50, BULL
    • Up x 1
  2. Gutseen

carv is useless due to hit registration being sloopy
    msw-r is inaccurate, so its ****.
    mcg is just PURE *****
    Ns15 is the only viable gun - accurate, fast reload, tight hipfire, high bullet speed, wide variety of customization

Butcher is something even Satan himself would call Jesus for mental help.
  3. Ximaster

Congrats,T7 MCG its my main weapon,and its good. The only point that im going to discuss its the Rhino,TMG50,and Bull. I cant talk about TMG50 but the other 2 are good. I think that when i have 650 certs im going to build the Rhino. Becuase T7 its bad at distance. But dont make wrong thoughts,i like the T7 MCG,its very good weapon,and people hate it,dont know why. I see a lot of TR HAs in Cobalt that have it. I think that the other factions are gealous to dont have a MCG in their arsenal. Yeah NC have the Jackhammer,but its a shotgun,shotguns are plenty in every faction. Mini chain guns only on TR in HAs and MAXes. And the advantage of T7 its that u can shoot with hipfire and still i get kills,the other weapons,at least for low ranks players,its difficult to kill with hipfiring. But im going to tell exactly this when i have the Rhino in my hands. Then i say if the hipfiring is bad on those weapons or not. About CARV. LEL,its bad weapon.

I think that the best weapons was:

T7 MCG.

Rhino.

Bull.

TMG50.

And the NS15.
  4. Eternaloptimist

With the right attachment I have found the Rhino and the Bull to be absolutely brilliant. The Bull beats the Rhino for me because of its better muzzle velocity. I use TMG 50 with a 4x sight for longer range where the higher damage per shot helps in case of not being able to land too many hits on small, mobile targets dodging in and out of cover. The NS15 is a great weapon because of low recoil (an NS feature I believe) and 0.75 ADS although the rate of fire can be a disadvantage in close quarters. I play all factions and frankly, it is my VS toons who use the NS15 because I just cannot get it together with VS LMGs. OK, Orion is great close up but a bit further out? not so good in my hands and the SVA doesn't seem to help much. This probably jsut me being a less accurate shooter at range. The Bull, on the other hand is insanely accurate to me. I've only used the MCG in VR training and it doesn't seem to fit my play style.
  5. Corvus Corax

Bull is the best LMG TR have, serviceable in CQC due to automatic headshots (no spread at that range) and even at 20-40 m out you can land 10-25% headshots fairly easily.

The issue I (and everyone else) that dislikes the MCG have is that its effective range is extreme CQC, i.e. in direct competition with SMGs and shotguns. And it loses out to both of them. It's a little more competitive against SMGs due to spinup taking the RPM higher but against shotguns it fails miserably.
  6. IberianHusky

If you didn't have a 5 K/D I'd call you a ****ter. So I'm just going to go and assume that this is a troll post.
  7. Plastikfrosch

Rhino and Bull are high acurate weapons (especially the bull) and the carv s is like the pulsar LSW/SVA the weapon you will take when you dont know if it will be a close or long range engagement. Its a good allrounder that can be used at nearly all ranges. i dont get it how the SVA (also a 143/698 weapon) is called a godlike monster in many threads but the carv-s is called useless (ok it does not have 0,75ads but its still an acurate gun with a good TTK).