VS scythe ramming ability is lame, stupid and idiotic

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Yuki10, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Yuki10

Scythe with 1% health has better chance to survive a ram than a full health reaver or mossy. Anything that touches Scythe dies. Yes, VS love it, but they also love spandex, watching pandas mate, plan vegies in organic gardens and do crochet for fun.

lame and stupid
    • Up x 1
  2. CorporationUSA

Well obviously it's dumb, but I don't think it was an intentional "ability" for the scythe.
  3. Yuki10

If it wasn't it would have been fixed by now. Considering it has been in the game since... forever, it looks another bone they decide to throw to VS. You know, for the whole noob, EZ mode faction thing.
    • Up x 1
  4. cyb_

I lost a full health galaxy once to a Scythe. Pretty stupid stuff.
  5. CorporationUSA

My guess is that it isn't a high priority issue for the devs. At this point, it wouldn't surprise me at all if none of the devs flew an esf well enough to understand anything about the air game.
    • Up x 1
  6. Yuki10

I can see that being true.
  7. tijolo

To fix something you'd need a solution. What would you have them do? Make every collision lethal to any ESF? Like it was before alongside the top part of vehicles? This is far from a top priority, is not 100% reproducible and it's probably really hard to fix.

If you watched South Park you'd understand that "...rable rable rable..." doesn't fix anything.
  8. CorporationUSA

It's not hard. Ramming would only do the maximum amount of health you have. If your esf only has 500 health left, you can only do 500 damage in a ram. This might create another problem, where people ram any esf with less health than them, but I'd prefer that over the current state.
  9. AntiFox08

Nubs try to crash land their Galaxies and Libs on tanks for kills, so I wouldn't bother mentioning the Scythe,
    • Up x 1
  10. 0fly0

Ahah how many people are going to believe me if i say i'm a gardener and i have crochet and yarn on my desk. LMAO true vs player here!
  11. Pelojian

I laugh when they try to do this to my shielded sunderer love the free kill, same for popping the shield on the vanguard right before they hit after you've made them miss a few times.
  12. tijolo

That doesn't make any sense and is not a solution to the problem. It's probably code related/crash detection related. Its not INTENTIONAL, AKA a BUG. It can have something to do with the shape of the scythe even and how crash detection works. But I'm just speculating, the point is that to fix it first a lot of effort must be put in to figure out what the problem is. I haven't noticed this myself and have been on every combination of ESF to ESF collisions e few hundred times as a half time pilot while doing it intentionally on a unsurvivable situation or receiving the hit. If it happens to you and you really want to see it fixed find how to reproduce it so daybreak can look into it. I'm not against it being fixed.
  13. WetPatch

I dunno, it works 3 ways. I went on a run of getting landed on by Reavers and Mossies this week, where i was killed and they were not.
  14. CorporationUSA

It is a solution. Maybe it's the not the solution you want, but it is a solution.

If it's a bug, they should fix it. But I'd like to see that implemented to cut down on suicide rammers. If it bypasses the ramming bug rather than fixing it, then I'm fine with that. As long as the end result is satisfactory.
  15. Call-Me-Kenneth

its not a feature, and its not a characteristic given in its stats.

its a bug.

happens even when crashing against debris or buildings. you come to a full stop for a brief moment, then damage is applied. it seems the hit box that makes it collide with other objects, thus dealing damage to them, makes contact first. but the hitbox that triggers incoming damage is receded a bit, it doesn't detect a collision till later. with proper use of fire control you can survive head on collisions.

judging by the almost FULL YEAR it took to fix the game breaking double back armor bug on sunderers, even when it was reported multiple times on the forums, i estimate that it will take DBG roughly 34 years to fix this. :) (you can't see it, because its a still image. but the left eye on that smiley its twitching with anger)
    • Up x 1
  16. AntiFox08

Some Galaxy pilot just rammed 2 Lightnings and hit a rock. A minute or two before hand, I saw a Scythe hit a different Galaxy, and that Galaxy didn't take a scratch. You were saying?
  17. CorporationUSA

This doesn't appear to be a thread about galaxies.
  18. Nregroepis

My fully-customized, highly-certed, strongly-armoured, 100% health vanguard once blew up after a Scythe crashed into it.
  19. ColonelChingles

I thought it was because of the way the game handles landing?

Reavers and Mosquitos extend their landing gear. The landing gear is considered to be "invincible" so that the aircraft does not take damage when it lands.

The Scythe has no landing gear. From what I have heard (not 100% sure if it's true), instead the entire bottom is considered to be the "invincible" (as far as collision is concerned) landing gear.

Hence all three ESFs will die if they collide in an area that is not their "invincible" landing gear. It's just that the Scythe has its on all the time and it has a much larger area. This means that the Scythe can deal rather large amounts of damage if it can smash its bottom into other craft.

At least that's how I thought it works. :p
  20. AntiFox08

The thread is QQing about Scythes ramming, yet Galaxy pilots ram stuff all the time, and in my previous comment, I mentioned a Scythe hitting a Galaxy and the Galaxy not taking a scratch, ergo, you failed there.