Why are some people faster than others

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by rockhead101, Aug 15, 2015.

1. IronMouse

Sometimes, and that's not really that rare, my shots don't connect at all as they should. My crosshair is spot-on on enemy head, yet I get just a few, if any, hit markers. During that time, he/she moves a BIT faster side-to-side than he/she should, and it leaves a visual impression as if the enemy player doesn't really complete their movement animations. It's like crouching, not all the way down, but mid-animation, then movement to the left, but just a little then a sudden shift to the right... It's odd. And I end up being killed while the enemy keeps almost full HP and shields. And I can swear I was shooting AT HIS BODY. I'm a good aim.

No idea what that's about, but it's annoying.
  2. 0fly0

I know what you mean, when something like that happen to me i just blame clientside and my connection with the server since i live on a terrible island in the middle of nowhere...
    It's like yersterday, a guy kill me like 2 or maybe even 3 secondes after i pass a wall, i was like why the ******* shot don't stop and dead :confused: , or when people shot me in the back i don't get any shot indicator so i start fight back and all of a sudden bling instant full head sound...
    • Up x 1
  3. Goretzu

That's the main issue, it is totally impossible to tell lag from other things.
  4. The Jiggler

Gylle and his connection...

5. 0fly0

ahah gylle classic weird dance movement, i don't understand how they do that, sometime i would love if players could tell me if i make weird thing like that too when i strafe with my 0.75 weapons.
  6. Pokebreaker

Given there is NO way to verify what any other player is running on their system, there is no way to prove someone is or is not using a cheat of some sort. When it comes to anonymous internet gaming, there is absolutely NO reason to give anyone the benefit of the doubt. And given the rampant cheating that has existed in gaming for...ever, the odds weigh more on the side that someone is cheating. Pro players on CS:GO teams are being found cheating every so often, and those jokers are significantly more popular than any player in PS2 will ever be. So if players in the (gaming) world spotlight will do it, you can bet players in the underground scene will do it as well.

That is not to say that EVERY person that kills another player is automatically cheating, as we know that is what many people think when they die. However, that also doesn't mean we should automatically dismiss the idea that certain players are cheating, based on actions and obersvances. This creates an environment where subtle cheaters can thrive, going undetected/unreported for longer periods of time. It's like how some people complain about the Police pulling them over for speeding, stating "Instead of citing me for speeding, you should be out there catching the real criminals; murders, thieves, and rapists!" Just because your crime is "less" than someone else's, doesn't mean it should be ignored/dimissed/allowed, just on the idea that someone somewhere else might be doing something worse. Unfortunately in PS2, this has become an accepted mentality. "If they aren't doing the big obvious cheats, then they probably aren't doing anything at all".

All that being said, I do agree with you there are many other factors that might mimic cheating, but are actually server lag or any other assortment of factors uncontrollable by the player. I have experienced the exact same thing Leftconsin spoke of, and I am very meticulous about cloaking before moving from cover/concealment. When someone can hit multiple headshots on a pre-cloaked target already well outside of visible distance, that is suspicious. To me it happened twice in a row, by the same person, from different directions of travel, meanwhile their teammates that were at a more reasonable detection distance, remained unknowledgable of my location. So this tells me, it was ONLY that one player who had this "advantage". This obvious of cheats has only happened a couple of times to me, but I don't doubt there are those who use it in a much more subtle manner.

Sorry, I didn't mean to go this long...
    • Up x 1
  7. AntiFox08

Just this past week, I could only put in about a half hour of play before the game would lag uncontrollably for me, and I would either have to stay on and deal with it or quit. Some guy was whispering me death threats yesterday. Some people thought I was using a cloak on my engineer. I don't run any scripts for any game and I don't own any special hardware. I have a ticket with support and my buddy even ran some tests on my PC and tested my connection to Emerald. Daybreak suggested my components were overheating, but I don't have framerate drops period. It's purely latency related, as in a huge fight, I see arrows warping all over the map and I can see MAXes floating off the sides of landing pads and I see ground vehicles clipping underground or floating through the air. Bear in mind, I am able to get about a solid no lag half hour in before the lag kicks in. My connection as a whole is not the issue. It is something between the server and me.
  8. No_STG

Had something happen just now, a bit hard to see, but this person was moving normally, until I started shooting at 'em. I'm at a loss at what the reason for that is.
    • Up x 3
  9. Pokebreaker

Wow... I'ma have to start running shadowplay again, to catch some of the silly stuff I see as well. I ran into the person in your video a couple of times last night. I only remember by name though, not any particular actions.

Yeah, that is an issue that has hit everyone at one point or another. The game will hitch, and everything around you will be going crazy for 10 or more seconds. It used to happen to me alot a year or so ago.
  10. Goretzu

Interesting video, it is pretty strange how that ADAD suddenly goes so quickly.
  11. AntiFox08

No, my game itself doesn't hitch. I don't get thrown around, I don't have framerate drops. Picture the King of the Hill intro where everyone is moving in a fast forward speed, occasionally pausing in place for a few seconds before warping somewhere else or floating in mid-air, meanwhile some ground vehicles clip underground or fly through the air. While that's going on, I'm sprinting at normal speed and before I can hit someone, he warps somewhere else. Other people said they saw me hovering 50 ft. in the air.
  12. Rantgen

So having a good connection makes you behave in game like you have massive lag spikes?
    I don't believe this bull***p
    Frankly yesterday i got chasing a br100 (i'm not going to tell his nickname) which i did encounter many times in the past, and also killed him many times. Yesterday he suddenly started zigzagging like gylle in that video. I eventually got him, but wasted an entire mag on him because a lot of shots were missed.
    Now, i know that practice makes everyone better at playing, but you can't learn such thing as that. There must be some programs or exploit that some players know, becausei know how that player used to play and move, and now something has changed and he can "warp" around.

I tried spasming my mouse all the way, or mashing A and D repeately, and even my client doesn't show up such fast movement...imagine the client of my enemy.
    • Up x 1
  13. Goretzu

There are hacks that do exactly that, the difficulty (as always) is in actually proving it and getting DBGs interested enough to bother to investigate it.

My server probably has more than most using such things, I could say why with 100% certainty, but it would be against the forum TOS to do so.
    • Up x 1
  14. Rantgen

Don't know why i didn't read through this post.

This is why i report every suspicious kill. Sadly, even obv cheaters can fool the devs. For what i know, after a report for cheating in the game, they check the player's profile and then decide if banning him or not.

Few weeks ago i stumbled upon an extremely skilled br8 sniper....oh i said sniper, i mean light assault, capable of killing me (all HS) multiple times from the tower of "the crown" when i was on the rock bridge that connects with "ti alloy". Went to check his killboard, and it was no different from a "pro player smurf character", so it could be legit (he got banned 2 days after).

From my point of view, many "skilled players" may be using "something" helping them since long time. And the Br100 i was talking about in my previous post may have got it in these months
  15. Utrooperx

Here is your most logical explanation...

http://ahkscript.org/boards/viewtopic.php?t=6009

Quote:

Ok. So I made a AHK Planetside 2 "hack" which has exciting features:
    Shift+z - toggle color Aimbot (click and hold to aimbot): aims for the red nametags
    Middle Mouse - Makes knifing fully auto: hold down mouse to spam knife
    LCtrl + LAlt - toggle hack on or off
    Shield/Heal on shoot
    spam q on shoot
    nospread (reduces spread)
    RAlt - toggle jumpjet or "drifter jet" for light assault (must equip jumpjet) for other classes its bunnyhop
    Tab - burst fire for automatic weapons
    Bullet dodge (Glitch move on fire)
    Save you presets for quick ingame changes
    Enjoy!
    Please post below if you have any questions or if there is a bug.
    You can use this for anything, and giving me credits is nice but not necessary. [IMG]

Unquote.

This explains a lot...beyond *super human* multi-tasking gaming abilities to spam ADADAD...while spotting...while maintaining pinpoint accuracy...under fire.

Can't say that a lot of the *Super Elite* have something like this...but...it certainly explains quite a few things. The ability to run such *scripts* undetected gives a HUGE advantage to the user...
    • Up x 2
  16. Rantgen

Welp, this makes much more sense now.
    The abilities given by this script are very similar to the classic "mlg farmer 420 blaze it", expecially the "glitch movement" (if there's a way to activate it via script, there must be a way to activate it without it).

The only sad thing about this it's that now i can't believe in anything. Every high br looking "skilled" from now on (and even from the past few months) will be a "ESP/hack/script user"
  17. AntiFox08

Yesterday I was on and there was a TR MAX using dual mini-guns killing VS inside the spawn room. He wasn't even looking through the shield. He was shooting through the wall, and even killing people inside that tiny barrier they spawn in.
  18. No_STG

Could explain the sudden dodging movements I encountered with that player.
  19. Blutkruste

o yes Cobalts top Profi Elite Player with a bad server conection and maby with a cheap home pc . ;)
  20. Goretzu

Some are definately cunning, I came across a player recently that was 100% headshotting people through a spawn shield, I looked at his kil- board and he had a massive kill streak of headshots across 3 or 4 difference weapons, yet when you looked at his K/D ratio and general weapon accuracy it was very average.

Clearly he just turned it on and off when he wanted it/needed it.