infiltrators can hack spitfires

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ballto21, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Ballto21

just so you know
    • Up x 2
  2. MarkAntony

PSA tag used correctly? and by Ballto of all people. I think I need to lie down.
    • Up x 5
  3. Demigan

I already knew, thought it was general knowledge. People paraded with it for a minute there when it was put in: 'another nerf to spitfires, you need to start buffing it's weapons!'. Bunch of ******** like that.
  4. HadesR

Not really .. considering it's news months old ..

So should be tagged PSR ... Public Service Reminder :)
    • Up x 2
  5. TheRunDown

I actually never get the chance to Hack a Spit.
    Someone always shoots it before I get to it..
  6. Jac70

Well I didn't know until a few days ago. Do you need to EMP it or can you hack it before it shoots you?
  7. MarkAntony

well if you decloak right next to it then it shouldn't be able to do much damage before it's hacked. especially if it's looking the other direction.
  8. Ballto21

cloak behind it, decloak, circle strafe you might get touched once
    • Up x 1
  9. Simferion

I did it once and the SF killed a former friendly. I felt omnipotent!!!
  10. Liewec123

the real question is can you hack more than one?
    if so i might actually switch to my infil to start auraxing it XD
    imagine the biolab landing pads with 3 hacked spitfires?
  11. Demigan

Imagine someone helping you getting them in position... he places them, you hack them.
    Especially easy when the engineer is on NC and you another one helping there. 1 is a MAX with shield to defend the other, which is the engineer who keeps coming back to place another spitfire... After 3 to 5 you can do the next area.
    This is mightily useful for many things. Just imagine that you are one or two bases away from a Biolab, but your allies will reach that biolab with the forces they have. So you team up with someone on NC, who starts placing turrets near the spawnbunker. If you manage to get about 6 or 7 spitfires there, you can almost instagib people getting out. Alternatively if you are getting attacked by another faction, you can let your semi-hostile engineer place turrets for you at the base that will get attacked next. Place a dozen near or in the point, a few overlooking the area near the point, some near chokepoints... and you've got a mightily powerful tool to aurax that thing quickly and efficiently. Assuming you can have more than 1 active at a time and the engineer doesn't die placing them. (do spitfires attack eachother btw?)
  12. Takara

Yea....but it's kinda pointless. The things do less damage then anything and most of the time there is infantry around and it's not worth it. I watched a guy do this...I was confused as to why he was running circles around the spitfire....so I shot him after watching him do it...then the spitfire hurt me...so i killed that too....had > 90 hp and shield :p
  13. Liewec123

i'm not too sure, but i know at biolab landing pads (and the nearby bases) engis always place their spitfires pretty close to eachother so i think with max rank hacking you could hack 2-3 while they're focused on a decoy nade (yay for a decoy nade purpose!)

it all depends if we can hack more than one, i'd imagine so :D
    • Up x 1
  14. Scr1nRusher

Spitfires are not even worth hacking.

Don't get get me started on the "notice me Sempai" beeping.
  15. Liewec123

one no, but if you can hack several and they all work, it could be pretty fun, and also might make it faster for an infil to aurax spitfire turret than an engi! :p
  16. Scr1nRusher

You rarely see multiple spitfires because you can only place 1.

Spitfires need to be/should be on a cooldown exactly like the other engineer turrets.