A simple explanation why fighting the Vanu is frustrating and often boring

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ianneman, Aug 14, 2015.

1. FieldMarshall

I dont fight vs because i dont like their constant trolling and whining in /y.
    Though thats probably just a server problem.

The largest zergfit on my server have the biggest trollers, whiners, toxic attitudes and complainers as leaders, so even though you (obviously) put them on ignore, it rubs off on their other zerg members.
    You just cant ignore them all as new ones join in every fight, so i just avoid them altogether and let them sit there and ghost cap while stroking eachother at +85% pop.

Complain when they loose complain when they win. Im just a bit tired of it and thats why i personally dont fight vs.

The other reason why i think people generally dont like fighting vs, is that they have a lot of things that are annoying to fight against. Not even op, just annoying.

Also, i dont know why people care so much about who wins alerts. The benefit you get from winning is so small that im surprised people get so upset over loosing.
    You sit on the cap with your 96+ for over an hour to get 50% nanite reduction and 40 certs.
    Fighting your other 96+ friendlies over the few enemies that show up outside the spawnroom.
    Meanwhile, people ignoring the alert and going for a good fight instead is getting 10 times as many certs, kills and most importantly fun.
    Maybe the alert winrate just reflects that NC/TR have figured it out, while VS is stuck on alert autopilot.
    Or VS having more zergfits that have leaders who want to go for alerts for some reason.
  2. Taemien

What range are you talking about? Like give a number in meters.
  3. MarkAntony

IT'S THE NO BULLET DROP!
  4. QQmore

@Asmodraxus

The enforcer is not a one hit kill on infantry, it's a 2hK. It used to be a 1hK a long time ago but it got nerfed like the Saron. (and everything else good in this game)

I'll agree that the enforcer and saron are similar stat wise but I would still trade them for the reasons I listed in my previous post.

The better TTK at range is largely useless as any competent tanker won't trade blows with a Vanguard at long range unless it's a lockdown Prowler in which case the Vanguard would be the one re-positioning. Secondly, the drop on the enforcer is so extreme now that hitting distant targets IS a problem. It never used to be but since this weapon system has been nerfed more than any other (IIRC) it's just not that good at range anymore. Most kills on tanks from other tanks are going to be in that medium range where shots aren't missing (much) and the ability to unload the Saron much faster than the enforcer is very advantageous, especially to the Magrider which can fire it's main cannon and unload it's Saron and strafe back to cover. Anyone who's driven a tank for any reasonable amount of time knows what I'm talking about here.

Now in that said situation which weapon would you prefer? A shot, maybe 2 or 3 if you're lucky from the slow firing enforcer, or 6 from the Saron? Keep in mind both targets are out of LoS after a couple seconds. The Saron clearly wins out in this kind of engagement.

Last, all I said originally is that if no bullet drop is a useless trait then why don't they just remove it from the Saron, PPA, Lancer, Vortex, and Scythe noseguns? Then we will see if the Vanu have been bluffing all along.
    • Up x 1
  5. Terranaxiom

Ftfy.
    • Up x 1
  6. Ransurian

The only thing wrong with VS is the occasional group of obnoxious ADAD Betelgeuse / Orion tryhards. It has nothing to do with their guns, which are rather well-balanced, and everything to do with their facepalm-inducing elitism.
    • Up x 1
  7. MarkAntony

so they are annoying because they are better than you?
    • Up x 2
  8. TheRunDown

I find VS very boring on Miller, All they do a Zerg push bases with huge Vehicle Zergs of MAGs and AMSs, and they instantly lose them.

Or they Zerg a base with MAGs and AMSs capture that base, and mass Redeploy to defend another base with their huge Zerg outfit, and lose the base they just took..

Most of the Zergits on Miller don't even wait around for the EXP anymore.. they just hop from one base to another, like a disturbed ants nest pouring out of the spawn room..

Redeploy is still to flexible, it should be like PlanetSide 1's, i.e not a form of fast travel ever 10 seconds.
  9. Taemien

Well I can't get a range from the OP, so I have no freaking clue what he is talking about.
  10. The Rogue Wolf

I dunno; I find it hilarious to see the usual suspects talking smack at the beginning of an alert and then devolving into whining "TR and NC working together!" when they end up losing it. :D
  11. Dualice

Try playing Vanu and using these weapons yourself, then come back to us.

Though I will say, a lot of my TR buddies say they can't be arsed with fighting VS heavies.
  12. Shanther

NC and TR weapons are just as easy to use. Granted I feel better using VS weapons but that is simply because I am vastly more used to them. That being said when I play TR or NC I play just as well as I do as I do on VS. Having decent recoil and CoF control goes a long way.
    • Up x 1
  13. Dualice

I've experienced much the same. My point was that the OP should actually try using the weapons he's claiming are so much easier to use :)

Back when I started playing, I found myself holding similar sentiments about other factions' gear, until I tried using it myself.
  14. AshHill07

I don't think its a case of VS weapons being easier to use than everyone elses I think it just comes down to preference.

More people just seem to get on easier with the lack of drop, lower velocity rounds the VS guns provide.

I've played VS in the past on live, as well as in the short lived PlanetSide Battles Armorside event, and hated it. The guns just felt so boring, lacking in any sort of punch and reliability in comparison to the NC weapons I'm used to. NC's idea of high damage, high velocity and high accuracy definitely seems to suit me over the TR and the VS. But everyone has different preferences.
    • Up x 2
  15. Obscura

sounds like cod-generation gamer talk? go read the games lore, though thats probably a little too much reading for your attention span.
    • Up x 1
  16. pnkdth

Everybody zergs, everybody farms. You just don't notice when your own faction does it since, well, I've never experienced a faction zerg/farm itself.
  17. Scorpion97

Go play with scythe,it has drop,though that doesn't matter for A2G noses like PPA-L

And the drop for the PPA is is entirely useless after the October over-nerf

No bullit drop is only useful for low dps guns like vortex and lancer(although no drop in vortex is typically like that high dps laser guided raven)
    The only weapon that gets advantage from no drop is the saron (though you can easily account that on halberd which the VS likes it more)
  18. Terranaxiom

You have no leg to stand on with your 'thought experiment' nonsense mate and it was a joke.
  19. God Of Plutonium

how would that even work?
  20. Turiel =RL=

The problem that I have with VS in PS2 is basically the Magrider's ability to strafe. It can basically dodge bullets. I cannot explain the exact reason why it was different in PS1, but tank balance is a huge problem in PS2 while it was virtually perfect in PS1. Maybe it has something to with the driver/gunner-thing, maybe secondary weapons have too much or not enough synergy for different empires.

Also I believe that the Vanguard is balanced against the shield, but this ability is on cooldown most of the time. In any case, it seems that there are huge TTK differences between different empire MBTs.