PS4 massive HUD and GUI bugs and issues.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by kelbec, Aug 11, 2015.

1. kelbec

first i want start by saying that im sure i am not the first to post something like this. Second i dont have the time to go looking for said post. Besides i rather my post not be lost among the many people replying to another's thread. i would like these issues to be noticed and resolved.
    Note: i will continue to edit this post as i find new bugs or issues.

HUD issues:

- directional damage markers not vanishing from my screen after damage stops.
    - point gain info not vanishing from my screen and saying dead center of my screen. also not showing any further point gain.
    - as engineer, spawning in and switching to repair tool right away causes weapon model to take its place. (i have screen shot of this on my PS4)

Unit selection GUI issues:

- GUI does not show proper unit/no unit, when accessing terminal of any kind. (ex. seeing generic light assault unit when accessing vehicle terminal)
    - when backing out of option for any unit (vehicle, air, infantry) indicator is always at top left instead of on the item last modified or viewed.
    - when backing out of option for any unit (vehicle, air, infantry) GUI resets to first loadout rather then last modified or viewed.
    - when terminal is accessed or unit selection is changed loadout must be changed before GUI registers the unit as spawn-able, often requiring player to cycle through all the loadouts to reach the first (often desired) loadout.

Social menu issues:

- first button when viewing a player from friends list is unfriend. system lagging will often think you have pressed this button removing your friend from the friends list.
    - recruiting friends to squad from friends list is often not an option as the button is not available even if player is not in a squad. and must be added manually or from outfit menu.
    - disconnect or crash now removes player from current squad forcing them to leave the auto squad and reenter their player created one.
    - added: PSN player profile pop up when player joins squad while still in social menu GUI

Im sure i have not found and mentioned every issue for the HUD or GUI's so please feel free to add to this list below and i will add them to the main post with credit given.

Thanks,
    PSN: Morgesin
  2. Profileiche

Easy solution: Give PS4 the option to deactivate the console interface and use the goddamn PC interface that lies below it. We have a touchpad and sticks. Believe me we are ALL able to move a cursor. STOP THE PS4-INTERFARCE NOW!

This will solve:

- spawn interface jumping
    - social gui jumping
    - button rambling in the menu
  3. StarGeezerTim

The whole squad thing is a huge issue, and I'm more than a little shocked that in a title that is, at it's core, a SQUAD-based shooter, that trying to actually form up with your friends is often an exercise all in itself. A couple buddies and I tried playing over the weekend, and it literally chewed up the better part of an hour trying to figure out how to get the three of us in the same squad. If there was one feature in the game that should be seamless and intuitive, it should be squad formation. This should be a top priority for fixing in the very near future IMO.
  4. kelbec

i cant but agree with you on this point.
  5. StarGeezerTim

To make things even more unreasonably difficult, apparently the newbie island Koltyr is instanced. At one point one of my buddies and I determined we were standing in the exact same place, we were both in the same squad, yet we couldn't see each other (character or "green squad dot".) It wasn't until after I started poking around that I found out in a rather circuitous manner that you sometimes have to warp to your squadmates if you're not in the same instance of Koltyr.

It's almost like they're trying to figure out ways of discouraging new players from staying beyond the first few hours.
  6. kelbec

HUD issue.

- health bar/indicator doesnt show when taking damage.
  7. kelbec

bump. please comment to show support for seeing these things fixed.
  8. bruce bengtson

on top of all theses the band new sunderer cloak does not work either
  9. StarGeezerTim

While we're at it, although it's not a HUD/GUI issue, we need the VR Training mode put in. Immediately. If not sooner.
  10. Ryme Intrinseca

This is probably the worst bug in the game. Surefire way to get people to use PS button>close application.

The other really bad thing is the full geometry pop in caused by the overzealous cloning algorithm. Reduce resolution when you spawn in high pop areas, use lower quality textures, cut down on shadows and alpha effects - just do whatever it takes to start rendering enemies that are standing in front of you in broad daylight...