Interface

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by destroika, Aug 6, 2015.

1. destroika

There are a lot of keys to keep bound for so many situations. What can we do to reduce this?

When you're shooting an enemy, why would you not want to target it? - I suggest targeting an enemy to be automatic when shooting at it. If this must be a toggle-able thing, let's set it to "on" by default.

That's been under my skin for a while, but any other additions would be good to see.
  2. Disconsented

Spotting == Voice Callout
    When I am using a suppressed weapon I do not want that all the time
  3. Shocky

they do have that is called the Marker implant "Auto spot enemies whom you damage." just use that implant if you don't want to Q spot them when shooting. hope that helps
  4. FateJH

Do you really think we have too many binds? i trhink a better question is "what actions do you feel we don't need easy access to?"
  5. destroika

Voice call out is a good point, however, why can't it still be a toggle-able option? I would still use it most of the time for sure.
    Yes, the implant... First problem with the implant: it only targets things that hit only you, not the things you are shooting at, so it does not solve the problem. Second problem: managing the charge is a pain, especially since it drains while offline. I currently do not use implants because I dislike that mechanic.

Next item: I drive in 3rd person and shoot a turret gun in 1st person. It would greatly help me, for one, if I could either A: automatically go into 1st person when switching to a turret or, B: have a crosshair when in 3rd person. I prefer B since that helps with tank driving.
  6. CNR4806

I recall people saying you can use use an overlay or paint a dot at the middle of your monitor, and it would work as a TPV crosshair for vehicles.
  7. FateJH

You're thinking of the wrong implant. He's talking about the T2 Marker, not the T3 Awareness. (However, you still have to hit them.)
    That's a shocker for someone like me who never uses Implants. I didn't know energy also drained when you were not logged in. It doesn't drain when you don't have an Implant slotted, however, so there's that.
    In third person, the crosshair would align with the top of your turret. Even if you could see a crosshair, your turret would obstruct any targets that are out of spitting distance. Some people have superb accuracy with the no-recoil third person view but it's not easy.
  8. destroika

The problem: Because targeting currently works the way it does, I am required to spam my key constantly across the horizon and have sent an ungodly number of friend requests and whispers of, "wwwwwwwwwwwwwwaasdasdwwww" to random allies that also happen to be in my crosshair in that twitchy instant.

The next item: I strongly suggest if targeting remains the way it does, even if just for the time being, that it be separated from shortcuts on friendly targets. I have no use for aiming at a friendly and hitting a key to whisper them or add to friend's list. If I have that kind of time on the battle field, I can use a separate key. That sort of option is NOT a priority.
  9. destroika

Yes, I generally dislike shooting in the third person as well for the blind spot of the character model, but this would help the current dilemma. I am not planning on primarily firing in the third person, that would be in an emergency. Perhaps adding some opaqueness to the character model would help? And that would have to be adjustable as well.

Speaking of which, the minimap. I would use it with ctrl+h all the time if I could make it opaque as well, very opaque...
  10. destroika

My monitor is a 39" flat screen TV that I use as an entertainment source for other things as well. Calibrating and putting on a crosshair sticky-thing all the time would be annoying - and messy after a while too, and generally should not be required of the player. I don't like managing the charging system for implants right now, let alone this =/.
  11. destroika

Next item: Please color code "deployed" sunderers vs. "non-deployed" sunderers.

In a large battle, if I need to refit, I would like to know which direction I need to move instead of chasing around battle-sundies (that just happen to be sitting still in the moment I decide to run that way)
  12. FateJH

I'm sorry. I'm calling this a "you" problem. Spamming the button is actually bad because it eventually will suffer a cooldown from doing too much spotting at once and then you'll just be pressing it, trying to spot enemies in vain for an indeterminate length of time.

See something, aim at it, hold that aim, tap the button, then move your aim. Don't hold it down; just tap it. Temporarily let up on the movement keys, if you must. Stopping momentarily like that might even throw off your enemy's aim too, since it's good to vary your motion. You can actually do it quickly too, without having to break your stride, if you do it right. Even if you "spot" a friendly, the comrose will just open and close without doing anything. Make ample use of voice chats too.
  13. FateJH

Do you mean transaprency or opacity? The former means "can see through (to some degree)," like the holograms on terminals. The latter means "can't see through," like the current condition of your tank turret in third-person view.
  14. destroika

Transparency, in other words, to see through the mini map and tank turret would be helpful. I hope this is now more clear.
  15. destroika

I was unaware a cooldown went into affect. Also, I usually spam it when someone else is driving and I'm gunning in a vehicle, scanning for tank mines...
  16. CNR4806

The cooldown has always been there to prevent people using spotting as an enemy sensor by spamming it. It only kicks in when you keep failing to spot anything with the spotting key.