[Vehicle] Vanguard Top Gun for Directive

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JohnGalt36, Aug 6, 2015.

1. JohnGalt36

After I aurax the HE (high-assist) cannon, I just need one more directive to complete my Master. I think I need to go for driver assists, as I am already closer to that than auraxing any of the top guns.

My question is this: Which top gun would be easiest for either a friend or random blueberry to jump into and rack up kills? I was thing canister originally, but I fear I'd have to get too close to the infantry for that to be viable, due to C4 fairies.

Thoughts?
  2. Tommyp2006

Kobalt is a good one
    • Up x 2
  3. FBVanu

Halberd

most players have used that secondary at one time or another.. most likely to get better shots from a blueberry as well,
    allows you to stay back a little, and still get the kills.

Good luck.
    • Up x 1
  4. JohnGalt36

Input noted. Thanks!

I already have a 2x zoom, certed-out Halberd. Blueberries seem to have trouble with it though, shooting at Mossies from render distance and ignoring infantry completely.
  5. Pelojian

My advice to you is to find a few of your friends ask them out of the secondaries that you plan to use with them and which optics they prefer. i know that i tend to use one set of optic for my vehicle weapons based on what type they are. always pulling a vanguard with the secondary optics to match their preference with the secondary you want to use may improve their performance.

Remember the directive only cares about secondary kills not which secondaries are used. kobalt is a good choice, it's not ES and is direct fire and burst fire for longer range so even people that dont main NC should be able to use, same for halberd if you want to hunt vehicles.
    • Up x 1
  6. JohnGalt36

Yeah, I don't know why I was operating under the assumption that I needed a specific weapon.

So, for pure AI, would you guys go with the Kobalt over the Canister or Halberd?
  7. ronjahn

I auraxiumed the Cannister in <a week of dedicated play. Easily got 200 kills in a 2-3 hour session

If the driver knows where to go and what he's doing, its a great kill farming weapon.
    • Up x 1
  8. Pelojian

Kobalt is a good all-round AI choice easy to use for anyone. it's down to personal preference, just like with optics. i dont know much about canister only used it a few times as a gunner so i don't really have a any idea of how good it is.
    • Up x 1
  9. JohnGalt36

... and just to clarify, buying the Kobalt with cash doesn't unlock it account-wide, correct? I know it doesn't with the Halberd, even though it's NS. :/
  10. Pelojian

It's empire specific if the platform is ES. if the vehicle is commonpool it should be cross faction as long as the weapon isn't ES.
    • Up x 1
  11. CNR4806

... for a friend only.

Random gunners tend to magdump the thing, wasting ammo and hitting exactly nothing.
    • Up x 1
  12. Ronin Oni

Canister is a good counter to C4 fairies actually.

Definitely canister for pure kills. Enforcer AV is generally my only choice though. 2HK inf at any range, good velocity and accuracy, and combined with AP main canon you just DECIMATE enemy armor.
    • Up x 1
  13. Ronin Oni

Kobalt/Halberd/Walker are NS weapons but mounted on a ES vehicle, which means that it has specific mounting points in the database, which actually makes them different items in the database, so they are not "cross-faction" weapons

Only NS weapons on NS vehicles (and NS infantry weapons) are cross faction
    • Up x 1
  14. JohnGalt36

That's what I thought. Booooooooooo.
  15. ShineOut

Just use the Kobalt, will take you like 2 days at most if your gunner can aim well. Then again I was a magrider on hossin. Heheheheh, ah so many infantry I found for him.
  16. UberNoob1337101

Enforcer all the way, it's so good it's literally an anti-everything sniper. Best. Gun. Ever.

Canister is good if you know what you're doing, can OHK to about 20m, melts Harassers and Battle Flashes, so it's a good option.

Halberd is nice and is overall one of the best turret options for tanks.
  17. JohnGalt36

You guys are supposed to have formed a general consensus and delivered me a concrete answer already!

Get your nanites together, men!
  18. ShineOut

Dangit use your Canister or Kobalt. Kill city.....
    • Up x 1
  19. Ronin Oni

They all have their uses honestly....

You should have had canister on top while farming inf with your assist canon. You'd have gotten a TON of driver assists with that setup.

Now? I'd recommend getting a good gunner behind the Enforcer AV and running AP yourself.... don't worry too much about getting the assist obj as fast as possible but rather enjoy the best damn AV tank there is. It's still no slouch in killing inf (AP OHK's of course, and the top gun is a very accurate 2HK) and your gunner will likely steal a bunch of armor kills from you giving you the driver assists you're looking for.

It's just a more fun tank to drive IMO.
  20. JohnGalt36

Well, I'm still far off from auraxing the HE cannon, so I will run canister with it!