show noobs some luv

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by mammo, Aug 5, 2015.

1. mammo

Hey beautiful people,
    Next time you snipe the head off of a battle rank 7 infiltrator or mow down a low level light assault on the ground, send them a tell with a tip or two. Let's keep new players from rage quitting and going back to skyrim, and keep this game flourishing.

love,
    mammo
    xoxo
  2. RedArmy

bullets are love, beam weapons are chocolate,and Tires? those are hugs
  3. The Rogue Wolf

I've been known to send messages like "your rifle can't harm my tank" or "cloak doesn't make you completely invisible" to folks who look like they're new to the game. I don't think I've ever gotten a reply back, sadly. :(
  4. CorporationUSA

Most of us don't have time to send helpful tells, we're busy farming BR 7s :p

But I will say pay attention to what's going on around you and stop running around aimlessly. Tell your fellow low BRs that too, because I think it's something they need to hear.
  5. Taemien

Give them a Welcome to Planetside!

6. customer548

I sent so many tells saying "Stop coming here while being alone. Join a squad. You'll have more fun" or "Hi, you are an Infi, you're not supposed to rush HAs with your pistol."
    I'm still waiting for any answer.
    Even the most of experienced players don't answer when you tell them "Nice shot" or anything else.

So now, i just kill stuff.
  7. CorporationUSA

I'm guessing terms like Infi and HA just go over their heads though.
  8. customer548

Yep, you must be right. I explained them in a quick way that they had to stay at range while using their sniper rifle too. But you're right, maybe was it a bit too complicated for new players.
  9. 0fly0

They don't listen most of the time, i try to help new sniper sometime but just a few of them listen my advice.
    I'm always impress to watch a br 5 getting snipe 20 time and keep trying to kill me.
  10. customer548

I sometimes just leave bases when i see the same new player coming alone to the same point and getting killed again and again. The other guy must be happy to have a rest and a few Certs.

Yeah, even Infis sometimes have feelings of shame when they kill people. :eek:
  11. Nalothisal

When ever I mow down a few low BR's with my Godsaw with it's shiny Auraxium metal, I die a little inside, as I have personally been where they were before.
  12. Campagne

Sometimes I think about giving new players advice. I rarely do though, because I always worry that they won't speak English, won't want to read/listen to my advice or won't care, or that doing so might make me look like an arrogant, pompous d*ckhead who thinks he's amazing at the game. I also don't want to treat them like they're stupid, or tell them what they already know.

But when I do give players advice they didn't ask for, they usually need to be doing something very wrong, and are clearly a new player with no previous experience.

They also literally never respond, so I'll never know if my fears are justified, though I think that's mostly just because new players don't know how to respond to a /tell or anything.

But when I first started playing, someone had to explain to me why I couldn't use a destroyed TR terminal, as NC. I also had to teach myself how to use a sniper rifle, so that I would stop getting killed by snipers all the time, and that I couldn't destroy generators and SCUs with a rocket launcher. If someone had just sat down and explained things to me for five or ten minutes, I would have enjoyed my PS2 "youth" much more, I think.

As for fighting new players, I go easy on them if I kill them a few times, and just won't aim or shoot at them or just avoid them completely.
  13. customer548

2 years ago, skilled players seemed to be more "friendly". I remember 3 guys who whispered me like "Hi, perhaps should you change your gameplay. I noticed that i often killed you because you did several times the same error. By the way, what is your equipement and what are your attachements ? I may give you advices if you need any".Those advices have been of a great help for me.
    Nowdays, it seems that people don't do that anymore. Everybody is in the action, and don't really care about others. No one "talks". Or perhaps am i just wrong about this.
  14. Beerbeerbeer

Yeah I feel bad mowing down newbies. They really don't stand a chance as I'm loaded out in full nano and I can tell they're wearing the default ammo-capacity armor.

I think the armor should default to nano or resist shield automatically IMO.

Also, don't expect a reply as they probably don't know how to, but I'm sure they appreciate it.

If you send tips, tell them to take off the default armor and spend some certs in the right armor and med kits. Living longer/lower ttk will make their experience a lot more enjoyable and they might even stand a chance in one-to-one.
  15. UberNoob1337101

*Kills countless of noobs who cluelessly charge at you without even noticing you*

"Hey, you could actually help those people learn, you know, you went trough the same ****..."

"But I don't like helping noobs, they don't listen and it's better farming them anyways"

"Getting more people into the game is good, and if they get good they will like it even more and will like the game"

"It's not my issue, they just need to L2P"

"And how did you L2P?"

"I was bashing my head into a wall until I got common sense"

"Was it bad?"

"Yeah"

"So why don't you help them?"

"Because they don't listen, they frequently ignore everything and I'm as charismatic as a history book"

My question is : Why did the devs didn't give them any advice for their weapons, what are the most efficient and useful strategies and how to be aware, how to prioritize their targets...

There is an idea to create a Codex terminal that shows people's videos that you could watch and get a brief summary of starter or weapons in general that you have unlocked, their recommended range, their usage, their skill floor/ceiling and most efficient ways to use the weapon.

Instead they leave noobs to get farmed 24/7 unless they learn the hard way.
  16. FBVanu

I try to help them with Chat messages all the time.. when I'm not taking heavy fire..

Invite them to gun with me on my tanks.. so they can earn some XP/Certs

even give them my fully maxed tanks when I leave the game..

Some know how to respond.. but many, I think, don't even know how the chat system works.
    Maybe that should be a mandatory training tutorial before you can even spawn at a Warpgate for the first time, ever.

I can't help players that I can not speak/chat with.

Simple 1 minute video clips could go a long way to make the first time noob experience more bearable.

Even had a noob firing his carbine at my tank, running after me.. guess he was trying to catch a ride.
    he did not know about the "V" chat.. he did not know to look at the vehicle and see a 2/2 above it..
    he did not know that I can't give him a ride, he should have seen the top gunner moving the Halberd around..

One time a new player asked me to give him a ride.. in my LIGHTNING.. ? Ouch.

One simple 1 minute video for each class, each vehicle, and each major base lay out, one on chat 'V' system etc..
    So many players have video capture.. (I don't, sadly) start a thread and decide who is gonna create what video..
    don't wait for Daybreak.. I think the player base has to do this.

If they turn out half way decent, Daybreak should put them up on the home page.. and maybe even give the
    creator 100 Certs/Station Cash for their trouble.. it could all be up and running in a week.
  17. JohnGalt36

You should be able to have infantry ride on the sides of your tank, like in Halo. hahaha
    • Up x 1
  18. Stormsinger

TIRES! (from http://imgur.com/a/ozjyB )

[IMG]

Also, yes - I have nearly every vehicle close to maxed out, and have 20k certs sitting around for when someone asks for something I don't have. I frequently offer vehicles of any flavor with any loadout in /yell, I like making lines of cloak / stealth flashes. With Esamir owned, that's ~30 of the little things I can line up before I run out of nanites. :p
  19. Bearlover

Sadly most new players don't even know how to get to the VR training area, and when they do ,try teaching them basics, like waypoints, how to pick squads and how to cert into your class instead of buying a new weapon. You will get the usual " which gun, class is best" question most of the time, next to " which sniper rifle is the best?".

We all were like this at one point, and i bet you most of us also bought that first 250 cert battle rifle also.

No matchmaking exists in the game and we all know people will still try to get into Koltyr to "farm" or mess with their fun, because people. Try helping them out, you help one , you help the game spread and succeed. Lastly, informing them that they will die, a lot during their first playthrough also helps.
  20. DirArtillerySupport

...but I love the sound clip recursion plays when I make someone ragequit.