[Suggestion] Give us More Daylight During Summer

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jac70, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Jac70

I have played an hour or two this morning on various continents. Pretty much all that time in darkness. For some reason it seems that whenever I join a continent it is either dark or getting dark.

In the summer months I play almost all the time during real-life daylight so it makes things harder to see. Plus I play with Ultra settings because I feel it enhances the playing experience and immersion.

So, I propose that during the summer months for the server location that daytime is made longer. I do like the variety of the day/night cycle but find myself at a disadvantage against the try-hards that play minimum settings just so they can spot targets easier. In fact that is probably the number one benefit of the PS4, everyone plays the same settings.
    • Up x 1
  2. Pikachu

And during winter make it polar night on Esamir? :D

If you play on regular times then it's no strange since the day cycle is regular... most of the time. I suspect you only play on Indar since it's the only continent with dark nights. The rest have just twilight at their darkest. Like during summer in the northern parts here is Scandinavia.

Btw you know seasons are not global right? North of equator it's summer in july. South of the equator it's summer in january. People on the equator probably aren't familiar with seasons. :p
  3. Crator

I've got a solution for you (this is the NC version)

[IMG]
  4. Pelojian

I'd would like it very much if they would just assign each continent a day/night cycle that is consistent across clients. when it is day on the continent everybody sees the day, when it is night on the continent everybody sees night.

all they'd have to do is put some clocks server side and transmit to the client that it is day/night and how long until the changeover occurs.
    • Up x 1
  5. Pikachu

It is consistent across clients. You don't think it's just random do you? When it's different it's because of a bug. The issue of unsynchronized day cycle comes when the bug involves Amerish because back in 2013 Amerish was changed to have opposite time zone of the rest of the continents. The easiest way to mitigate the bug is to just tweak the numbers for the Amerish time zone back to that which it used to be.
    • Up x 1
  6. sIcGER

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  7. Firejack

Asking everyone to withdraw behind curtains as some sort of vampire-like hermit afraid of the sunlight and then ask them to pay up for an expensive air conditioning unit, would seems unreasonable to most people.

Its far easier to sync the game day/night cycle to the real world hours of daylight/ darkness in the geographic location of the server.
  8. Jac70

For the smart guys - yeah, I got blinds and curtains. It's still bright in summer, especially late afternoon when the sun shines right through my windows.

In the early days many people were really excited about dark nights, early betas had really dark nights. So dark you could not see without a flashlight. The current darkest period is on Indar after dusk. The only problem with dark nights at the moment is that they can be circumvented by players by settings graphics to low and crankin up gamma. Thiis makes the entire concept pretty much irrelevant because players can choose to turn night into day so any night specific tactics are worthless. But there's pretty much no way to get around this.

For me I like to see the day be say 1.5 hours long with a night about 1/2 an hour during Summer and maybe reverse that during Winter for where the server is located. Or maybe reverse it when it is actually dark at the server location.