[Suggestion] Faction specific grenades+molotoves

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scorpion97, Jul 25, 2015.

1. Scorpion97

Although there is a huge variety of grenades in ps2,we still have a very important throwable missing,the molotove cocktail,is it hard to add it for this year?i guess it's JUST one more grenade

Molotoves (as we all know) are alta for grenades that creates fire for a certain duration and vehicles tanks dmg from it overtime for also a certain duration (the molotove has to hit the vehicle directly)

Another thing,We can divide grenades to be faction specific like:

NS ones (faction wide),normal,EMP and sticky grenades
    NC ones,molotoves(if they can bring it up) and some of those protestors throwables
    TR ones,tactical grenades like smoke and flash ones and other well known grenades
    VS ones,concussion grenades and those ones with strange effects

I don't know if I might be unfair about it (probably someone can come up with something better)
    Anyway,if you disagree,please explain that in a constructive way and and don't express your views in sarcastic GIFs
  2. \m/SLAYER\m/

Claymores\Proximity Mine - so much complaining. it will raise holy wars.
  3. Scorpion97

Complaining?
  4. FateJH

If you weant to damage Vehicles with grenades, pull a Heavy Assault.

We can even renamed the grenade, if that helps build the illusion for you.
  5. HadesR

They would need to fix the ability that allows you to remove smoke by INI's modification first ...

( Something they should do anyway regardless of this suggestion )
  6. Commando235

NC shouldn't just have sticks and stones level stuff. They aren't rebels in the sense they are protesters like in countries in Eastern Europe or the Middle East but in the sense that they are rogue. They are a well funded nation less army, so basically mercenaries. Not saying they should have high tech stuff like on the level of the VS but not stuff that looks like they were created in a shed. Plus it's 2646 I'm pretty sure Molotovs are wayyyyyyy caveman tech. Incendiary grenades or maybe an Area Of Denial System grenade could work. Any pre existing grenades should stay as multi faction. Only add new stuff, don't remove.
    VS-
    Area Denial System Grenade that creates a small bubble that will damage and cause EMP like effects to enemies when inside.
    Plasma Grenade that sticks to enemies and explodes.
    Hardlight Grenade that creates a wall of energy a few meters wide that absorbs incoming damage, but can't stop grenades, rockets or tank shells.

TR-
    AP Drone Grenade that detonates on impact and breakers into a small field of piercing projectiles that will search enemies within a small radius, will be equivalent to being hit by a few bullets. Basically if the Archer was a grenade.
    Roller Grenade that is thrown and then seeks out enemies for 4-5 seconds before exploding.
    Nerve Gas Grenade that creates a cloud of toxic gas that deals damage over time to infantry.

NC-
    Tripmine Grenade that is thrown and acts as a tripmine but only works for a short time (I'd say maybe 20-25 seconds).
    Semtex Grenade that sticks to both vehicles and infantry/MAXes but needs to be detonates before it explodes, but it can be shot to detonate it.
    Incendiary Grenade that creates a radius of plasma based fire and deals damage over time.
  7. Scorpion97

Biy molotoves are way so strong grenades that lots of users prefer them on normal ones
  8. Commando235

English please that made no sense.
  9. Scorpion97

10. Scorpion97

Hhhhhh,I'm saying molotoves were never underestimated compared to grenades and they are way too good to prevent enemies from reaching you
  11. Scorpion97

Well I guess it takes time to work on such things
  12. Commando235

Ah ok so you meant the concept. I get that, I just don't think visually a Molotov fits in the theme for Planetside. That's why I suggested it just be an Incendiary Grenade.
  13. Scorpion97

So you guys think the grenades in its current stat is fine? I believe they can be divided into faction specific ones
  14. SwornJupiter

\
    Pretty sure the lore says otherwise XD
    The MAX suit was first fashioned by the NC - they remodeled an exo-skeleton mining suit. NC's arsenal is deemed to have been modified from weapons that are stolen from the other two factions (I know i saw this in an official PS2 video - link upcoming).
  15. Commando235

If the New Conglomerate were just some rebels with their entire arsenal stolen or repurposed they would have been crushed (in the lore) a while ago. Conglomerate- a large corporation formed by the merging of many diverse firms. They aren't just rebels they are as if major military companies such as Dyncorp or Academi (Blackwater) banded together and said "screw government" and went rogue.
    Source- The term "New Conglomerate" is coined as a reference to Business Forward's plan to unite major corporations, banks, labor unions, and private protection firms under a single banner to help combat the Terran Republic's restrictive policies towards the private sector.
    http://wiki.planetside-universe.com/ps/Lore
    Basically what I'm saying is that if they have all the money and tons of vets from the TR military- their gear can't be that crap.
  16. Jubikus

Factions specific ones would be a bit more difficult than you might think just the idea of a molotov would require them to add some sort of timed AOE with a dot for that area something they would probibly have to build from scratch.
    That said i wouldnt mind there being faction specific grenades that basically did the same thing with even just purely cosmetic ways plasma grenade for VS standard frag for NC have a regular frag or a heavy load frag depending on if you want them to have different effects and TR would have a cluster grenade with an initial explosion and then a few more from that in different directions.
    Im sure they could make this purly cosmetic and it would be cool but if they wanted too they could also add a little variation to each one that makes them function differently so they would be a bit better for different situations.

They could do many things the plasma grenade for VS could have a unique effect where they have a certain kill radius and then a much larger area that only does shield damage.

The heavy load frag (or Big Burtha like bouncing betty) for NC would just be a regular frag on steroids and have a larger kill radius but heavy damage drop off from a certain point.

The TR Cluster grenade could be a simular kill radius as the plasma grenade but then shoots 3ish smaller explosives in directions that do much less damage so damages random other parts of the room for a smaller amount so its kind of like the Plasma but different placements of the 2 will yield different better results for each one.
  17. Scorpion97

Cluster grenades will be so much like farcry 4 mortars when they can clear a whole base becouse with just 1 shot becouse they are also clustered,hopefully this can be balanced if they took that into concern,nice ideas tho

Hmm,any further thoughts?
  18. Jubikus

The idea behind the cluster grenade was a small kill radius basically unless your right next to the grenade it wont kill you then the 3 smaller explosives fire out in random directions and blow up theese wouldn't be able to kill somone at full health they would only do maby half their health in damage if it blew up right on them. The idea would kind of balance itself out with it being weaker than the others by itself but stronger when a few enter the room say 3 grenades in then it would have more effect than 3 of the others.
  19. Scorpion97

Like I said,this can be balanced and make it well performing and not overpowered in the same time,I wonder if radar is reading this thread,Becouse I'm curious to know if that can be planned for this year or not