Would MAX's riding in Valks truly be OP at this point?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Scr1nRusher

I have to ask because one of the biggest reasons why they can't is because people were afraid.

And look what fear & being afraid has done to the valk & the spitfire.
    • Up x 2
  2. xMaxdamage

count me out as long as TR have crap fractures
  3. AlterEgo

It would be epic...
    I mean, mobile A2A Burster Valks. What a sight would that be!
    • Up x 3
  4. MasterOhh

Yep, nobody would be afraid of Valks loaded with Burster, Raven, Vortex or Pounder Maxes. :p
    • Up x 2
  5. WarmasterRaptor

Two seats only, I think, would be nice. As it's already a harasser doubled and flying. Thoughts?
    • Up x 2
  6. Regpuppy

Burster valkyrie, that is all. :eek:
    • Up x 1
  7. LodeTria

Burster valk could be great.
    Only other viable weapon in there would Vortexs. The rest would be too hard to aim.
  8. Klabauter8

Yes, it would be pretty OP. The Valk is good the way it is.

Even just a single max in the Valk would make it already the new best AA weapon with AA max weapons.
    • Up x 1
  9. Pikachu

Only if it works with lockdown.
    • Up x 1
  10. FLHuk

2* Falcon broadsides into tanks....

0/10, never going to happen.
  11. AlterEgo

I like your idea because you like all my ideas.

Moar lieks, plz?
    • Up x 2
  12. Ronin Oni

You're insane.

You're also standing the most to gain as NC since Ravens on a valk would be DISGUSTING.

But more than that, Bursters in door slots, even if a MAX took both on a side, would be brokenly OP.

HELL TO THE NO!

Only if they cannot fire. Then I'd accept it obviously. Good for "tactical insertions" of MAXes in certain spots (generally a Gal MAX drop would be better, but specific landing spots are more easily achieved in a Valk)
  13. Ronin Oni

eeehhhhhh not so sure about that

Striker not being countered by stealth has helped TR...

and the Thermal range fix also certainly helps.

It also picked up a little under armor which is good....

but the Valk is still a very niche role vehicle.
    • Up x 2
  14. axiom537

I agree, but I don't think it would be ravens that would make it OP, unless it is stationary, but rather an AV MAX like the Vortex or Falcons. Ravens in the Valkery would have the same issue as they do on the back of the harrasser, too much movement, which makes them very inaccurate as they can't keep on target, and Bursters would be completely broken.

At best I would say 1 max in Valk and it would be locked in and can't shoot.
    • Up x 2
  15. Ronin Oni

oh yeah, that's true with movement...

But yeah, the primary concern is Bursters.
    • Up x 1
  16. axiom537

LOL. I know it would be so broken, but damn it would be fun...
  17. Klabauter8

It is also no wonder that the Valk is a very niche role vehicle, because most people don't understand how to fly it.
    And even if you can fly it correctly, you still need a gunner and gunning in the Valk is also something which most people do not understand.

The Valk is not niche because it is underpowered, it is niche because it is the most difficult to play vehicle in this game.
  18. Taemien

I don't see how it would be any more broken than what we have now:

[IMG]

That's MAX AA firing out of a spawnroom. They can fire with impunity. In many bases, this means complete denial for air. They are totally invulnerable to return fire. THAT is way more OP.

At least in a Valk, the other air (and enemy Valks using the same thing) could fire back.
    • Up x 2
  19. Ronin Oni

o_O

Not really hard to fly actually... honestly I find it much easier to fly effectively than ESF which I've got hundreds of hours in.

The problem is that it takes 2 players to output FAR less firepower than a single player in an ESF or 2 players in a Lib are capable.

This is an irrefutable statistical fact.

I've had good runs in a Valk... particularly when numerous ESF bads just fed us free kills because it's maneuverability is a big boon in RM style fighting

But against a good ESF pilot that knows how to combat a Valk you're just screwed.

Unless you've got Strikers in your doors of course..... Then you want to fire a few Tomcats from range which have the nice effect of killing any rumble passengers with splash with a couple hits.

The best thing the Valk does is offer a good squad spawn on a highly mobile platform which is a lot more fun than parking at flight ceil in a gal.
    • Up x 1
  20. CorporationUSA

Yeah, it would be extremely OP, unless they aren't able to shoot from the Valk.

Except with engineers repairing mid-flight, a valk with 2 burster maxes would be almost unkillable by air. The only way to do it would be to shoot the engineers out of it, or ram it with a gal or lib. It would be far worse than a spawn room because it would be so mobile.