[Vehicle] Saron being overpowered...?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Keidranex, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Towie

Blimey is it that time already ? Sure comes around quickly these days...

The Harasser weapon that rules them all is surely the Basilisk. I mean - for the versatility of being able to damage everything, it has the drawback of being able to kill nothing. Why would you choose anything else !

(Just for LoLs I checked the stats - yep, people do pull them. Not many - and i'll bet most are mistakes - like the mistake when the Vulcan-H was inadvertently buffed due to the Prowler performance. Forgive me ;) )
  2. Stormsinger

I personally prefer the G30 Walker to the Basalisk, that thing takes a geologic age to run out of ammo, and stooping ESFs are always unpleasantly surprised when they catch a truckload of AA to the face from a "helpless" harasser. :p
  3. Vixxing

Enf>Saron in everything... enf=2 shots to kill infantry, 9 shot magazine NO recoil! Once you master the drop its the best secondary with ease... Enforcer with thermals and im a happy, happy gunner...
  4. Vixxing

5. \m/SLAYER\m/

Saron is flexible, you can snipe with it, and you can spam it at close range. Enforcer is strong, but it not even close to Vulcan\Saron fun.
    is it OP?! - i don't think so.
  6. Call-Me-Kenneth

the saron is well balanced on its AV role, way too powerful on its AI role. even compared to something like the NC AV option, its just too good. still, its still crap compared to the vulcan... that gun can keep ESF away, Harrassers, MBTs, infantry, spray mines much easily... and you will always have someone wanting to man it. and even a noob will be effective on it, while the saron on the hands of a bad gunner will yield about 60% less damage due to all the misses.

and as far as stealth goes, its nice, but i still prefer Auto Repair for Vanguard. it perfectly fits my brawling playstyle. i can engage out in the open, hide and wait for the enemy tank to dive in for the kill only to find me at 100% hp again. its pretty powerful, and if used properly along with shield you can even get hp back mid fight. (shield hits don't shut down the auto repair).

and since i play that kind of tank game, the enf is pretty bad for me. halberd is still the way to go.
  7. Keidranex

Really? Never saw auto repair on an mbt being a good option, mainly because two R6 repair tool engies can bring it to full in no time.
  8. placeholder22

PSA: Halberd > Saron.

The Saron is good fun and quite effective, but in the end the Halberd gets better results. Infantry 1HK and higher alpha make it the better Magrider secondary all around. That it's more stealthy (only 1 fwoosh sound instead of pewtpewtpewt) is an added bonus.

The fact that the saron is dead accurate at longer range is a gimmick. Like the lancer. In some specific circumstances (long range ambush) it works brilliantly, but by the end of the day you go back to your workhorse, the farmberd.
  9. oberchingus

Sometimes its deliberate - and a term of endearment when you're driver asks you what you want to gun and you say, "surprise me!"

10. Towie

You...you killed something with a Basilisk ! I take my hat off to you sir.

And - the shame of that poor Lightning driver - I expect he thrashed himself with a birch rod afterwards (i'll overlook the fact that it took several Basilisks to actually take him down - it's still an impressive achievement !)
  11. Keidranex

Around the time the harasser came out me and an old friend (we were like br10 and both inept) went whizzing around in thevharasser killing stuff with the basilisk, it worked fairly well too o_O