[Suggestion] No More Solo Liberators

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Alexkruchev, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Alexkruchev

No offense to all your solo-lib guys out there. But this is ridiculous. CAS Tankbuster, plus Dalton, plus not automatically crashing when switching back and forth between pilot seat and belly gun, is OP as hell. No other solo-able vehicle -even comes close- to the power this gives one player. So.

Solution:

Pilot seat cannot be switched -into- from other two seats. Can be switched out of, to allow pilot transfer while landing. If a pilot switches out mid flight, then he will crash. That is a realistic thing that would happen if a pilot climbed out of a flight seat, and into a rear gun, and ignored his aircrafts flying for 5-10 seconds while flying upside down in a banking turn.

This is broken as hell, and has become a preferred way to run the Liberator. Of the past 20 I've seen, -all- of them have been solo gun liberators. If they need AA, they need to squad up and get a tailgunner like every other vehicle out there has to.

That still wouldn't address how brokenly powerful the Tankbuster Dalton combo is to begin with. Afterall, a liberator can take out a Skyguard in under 3 seconds. While a Skyguard needs about 30 seconds to kill it back... assuming all shots hit and the thing doesn't have fire-suppression -or- composite armoring. Which it will.
    • Up x 6
  2. Ianneman

Or, if people can solo libs, enable solo Harrassers that can actively hunt said Liberators.
    • Up x 1
  3. Pirbi

Solo libs aren't the most broken aspect of libs. The stealth/racer/tankbuster instagib is. And that it can fire while staying off radar.
    • Up x 1
  4. HAXTIME

I agree with that solo Libbing should not be possible. But not because it's OP or anything, but because it's just plain lame; a decent Lib squad is magnitudes more powerful and versatile. Solo libbing is just plain pathetic and lame. I have not once seen a guy afterburn his way into the sky alone from the warpgate, even though there were decent gunners waiting for a ride that I know.

I mean, sure, you are an unparalleled tryhard by solo Dalton shooting fighters, but it's still bad.
  5. MetalCotton

I got called a talentless scrub at one point by a solo lib because I was part of a 3-man crew.

There's a point where we need to stop this and we've clearly passed it. But since DBG probably won't do anything about it, let's keep going and see what happens.
    • Up x 1
  6. Foxirus

I also support pilots not being able to switch seats unless it is with another person within the vehicle. If that seat is empty and there is noone to take the stick? No. You cannot leave your seat and gun, You have to fly the ship.
    • Up x 2
  7. CorporationUSA

Solo lib is not the preferred way to run a liberator. Why would someone prefer a method which makes them less effective?

Solo libbing isn't more powerful than running a 2-3 man crew, so what is the big deal? I understand that the concept is kind of lame, but so is using C4 to kill infantry. It's just part of the sandbox experience.
  8. Drag0

Libs are just too powerful. They are better tanks than tanks...
  9. Udnknome

I just wish they didn't have afterburners.

normally, with great armor comes slow movement.

It's the Air version of a HA with Adrenaline Pump--which doesn't exist for a reason.
  10. CipherNine

Only small minority of pilots have enough skill to solo Lib. If you guys tried it you would just be food for AA and ESFs.

Hence, it is not the vehicle that is OP but those minority of pilots with extreme level of flying skill.
    • Up x 1
  11. Leftconsin

Actually too steep of a skill cliff would harm the game.

This goes for all of you bullying OP and demanding he 'get gud'.
    • Up x 2
  12. Liewec123

we have lazer weapons, gun turrets that fit in your pocket, self repairing vehicles and you don't think it's possible to have auto pilot?
    i'm the complete opposite, i think if you switch seat your vehicle should keep flying in the direction it was going (or hover if thats what it was doing)
  13. Foxirus

The liberator can EASILY keep up with an ESF and solo it. So no, Unless the liberator pilot is useless, "A simple mosquito" will not even come close to "Easily destroying" a liberator. Solo pilot will just go belly up and one shot it from the sky.

G2A missiles are halted beyond 400m, Top that off with it requiring around 6 lock ons to bring a lib to a flaming state. The game isn't as full of skyguards as you think. Not many people are willing to sacrifice all of their ground defense for a CHANCE at that liberator leaving at its convenience when taking damage on one. 9 out of 10 times, That skyguard will not kill that liberator, They will run.

This is not a learn to play issue. Its a power to skill/balance issue.
    • Up x 2
  14. BrbImAFK

Main problem I see is that libs are simply too fast and too agile for their toughness or too tough for their speed and agility.

GIB BACK PS1 LIB WIF BOMBS!
    • Up x 1
  15. placeholder22

Daily reminder
  16. tijolo

That thought must run through everyones minds the first time they fly and press 'F2' in a lib or a valk. Sadly it would be kind of OP and ruin the intended aspect of teamplay the game has. The fact that it turns off the engine it's because of the nanites that connect the seat of the plane to you thus turning on the engine wink wink.

But let us dream of the day this will be on PTS for ***** and giggles.
  17. Liewec123

i dunno, its not hard to hit a lib thats hovering or flying in a straight line :)
    pretty much free certs!
    but yeah it'd kill the teamplay aspect a bit.
  18. CipherNine

Wrong. Liberator needs time to close distance in order to get in Tankbuster range. During that time Skyguard can be firing at it.

Your daily reminder is like saying OHK shotguns are OP because they can kill someone in one shot while LMG needs several shots.
    • Up x 1
  19. CipherNine

You don't happen to fly much do you?

ESF can easily stay out of the Liberator's firing angle. As long as the dogfight is pure 1v1 with no outside interventions then the ESF will win sooner or later.

In reality taking down a full-health Lib with lone ESF takes too much time. You are likely to die due to ground AA or enemy ESFs should Liberator decide to fall back to friendly zone.

Solution? Wait for Liberator to get damaged by Skyguard and then go chase him down.

Some ppl are quite good with Dalton though. I've come across Lib gunners which I'm pretty were using aimbot or some kind of movement prediction. Those people should be flagged and periodically checked with more aggressive anti-cheat detection. But those guys form very small minority of all Lib crews. Most ESF deaths are due to rookie pilots usually flying straight into Dalton instead of staying outside its firing angle.
    • Up x 1
  20. Alexkruchev

Thank you for your support, friend.